Google Launcher

Search This thread

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Anyone have success with the new google launcher dumped from kitkat. I tried it and really like it but can't get google now and search to work with it. Im just throwing it out there to see if anyone has success. The link is below. I am on an AT&T SGH-i527 rooted with locked bootloader (so no custom roms).
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/3...om-the-nexus-5-dump-search-launcher-and-more/
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Christogq

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Got search and now to work with the launcher by changing the now settings> voice > english uk. That worked. like the launcher so will probably use it as my regular launcher. Very quick and simple.

Last edited:

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
uploadfromtaptalk1383428318942.jpg

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
This is a unofficial leak from nexus 5. You should only install the three apps stated in the article. The others are not stable on other phones.
Article qoute-
To install the new launcher (Google Home), you’ll have to install 3 different apps – Google Play Services 4.0, Google Search, and the Google Home .apk
The other apps may or may not work on your phone. I kept my stock camera.
Hope that helps.
I would delete camera spp and install mega stock camera. Just unzip attached file and place in system>app folder and reboot.

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
This is a unofficial leak from nexus 5. You should only install the three apps stated in the article. The others are not stable on other phones.
Article qoute-
To install the new launcher (Google Home), you’ll have to install 3 different apps – Google Play Services 4.0, Google Search, and the Google Home .apk
Hope that helps.
I would delete camera spp and install mega stock camera. Just unzip attached file and place in system>app folder and reboot.

I installed a whole heap of KitKat and it was the camera that was the stumbling block.

I then had kernel issues so have shelved it for now. :)

Reactions: azpatterson3

dhofar

Jun 20, 2007
I've both cameras the stock one and kitkat as well and the same for gallery..did install kitkat launcher it worked fine but i preffered the stock one so i uninstalled it.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Reactions: azpatterson3

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Guess it's a matter of personal preference. I hate touchwiz. I like nova launcher but for some reason I really like google home and have been on it for a few days and will probably keep it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got search and now to work with the launcher by changing the now settings> voice > english uk. That worked. like the launcher so will probably use it as my regular launcher. Very quick and simple.

uploadfromtaptalk1383428318942.jpg

Anyone have success with the new google launcher dumped from kitkat. I tried it and really like it but can't get google now and search to work with it. Im just throwing it out there to see if anyone has success. The link is below. I am on an AT&T SGH-i527 rooted with locked bootloader (so no custom roms).
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/3...om-the-nexus-5-dump-search-launcher-and-more/
    Article qoute-
    Hope that helps.

I installed a whole heap of KitKat and it was the camera that was the stumbling block.

I then had kernel issues so have shelved it for now. :)
    I've both cameras the stock one and kitkat as well and the same for gallery..did install kitkat launcher it worked fine but i preffered the stock one so i uninstalled it.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk