Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [Kitkat][Nightlies] CM11 Andro…
11th November 2013, 09:15 AM
Flag Mumbai (Bombay)
Thanks Meter: 270
Originally Posted by nastys

I found a workaround for the apps. Enable root access in File manager, put the One Mobile Market Apk to /data/app and set permissions to rw-r-r, then reboot. Open the market, enable root install in settings, install ES File Explorer, open it and enable APK root install as well. Now you can install APKs

I tried to enable ART runtime, but it boots forever. I coulnd't odex it using the universal script. It tells me I have no free space in system

Also I used a vCard file to copy my contacts.

I can confirm this method. I just went a step further.... and installed Google Play Store and Titanium backup too. @Quarx @Blechd0se @TJKV Apparently, it seems that we cannot install apks for 2 reasons:

1) We need to be able to at least put an app into the /data/app folder or /priv-app folder. Unless we copy the apk here nothing works.

2) More important than number 1..... We have to change permissions of the apk to rw-r-r. For obvious reasons we can't change permissions on the SD card. So you have to copy over apk to internal memory.

Our "parsing error" seems to be permissions related?

Now, I installed Titanium backup and viola!!!! it worked....same goes for Google play store whats even better is that I started restoring my apps with Titanium and everything is restoring. I just setup Whatsapp and the rest is still restoring. Once its done, I will be back a further report on my progress.
No need for ES file manager ....jsut copy over titanium and google play store to /data/app and /priv-app respectively and it works ....even copying play store to /system/apps works as long as the permissoins are rw-r-r..

If this works, @Quarx you can count me in to run this build as my daily driver no matter what the hiccupps are

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Fotogravin

No, TWRP doesn't give an error if /system is full. With CM11 I couldn't get all gapps to work, it even broke stuff that worked without flashing gapps. So I flashed AOSP (2.6-kernel) with core-gapps and that is ok. Even with Play Store and stuff.

Yup took me a while to realise that. I am on CM11 now...look at my post above.... did not use gapps...I have the apks for all 4.4 apps deodexed from a link on xda. I am restoring my titanium backup right far so good youtube has installed to.
Fix for the black screen with status bar. Just let your screen go to sleep, wait for about a minute before you press the power button to unlock and it will start. I had the black screen again today morning, said to hell with it...left it the way it was and had breakfast. When I checked after that it started working properly!
Last edited by overclockthesun; 11th November 2013 at 09:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to overclockthesun For This Useful Post: [ View ]