Car Dock Thread!

Search This thread

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
My Qi car dock finally arrived from China. Haven't had an opportunity to use it with GN3 as the Qi insert I bought seems to be a dud, and am waiting for another to arrive. However, the dock works great with GS3, charge is obviously going to be slower but seems to be on par with 1A usb. I am using TecTile 2, which starts Car Home Ultra. The dock is paired with a Brodit console mount, and the suction cup is much better designed than the OEM Samsung Infuse dock previously used with the S3. The dock holder slides wide enough to accommodate Note 3 + tpu case, and it squarely enough for it not to slide out on rough road, yet is easy to remove and replace. I like it a lot, thus far - will update once Qi receiver is delivered so I can test it with GN3

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
I thought my receiver was a dud too when I first tried it but I just didn't have the phone positioned on the charging pad properly. This is the first wireless charging setup I have used

mamazboi

Oct 13, 2013
I thought my receiver was a dud too when I first tried it but I just didn't have the phone positioned on the charging pad properly. This is the first wireless charging setup I have used

What charging pad did you end up buying? New to wireless charging and just wanna get the best bang for my buck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

jojocommi

Nov 4, 2012
Owl Car Pad Not Compatible

Hey Guys, not sure if this was already mentioned but according to Owl Pad, their car pad product is not compatible with the Note 3.

One of the reps was in constant contact with me, explaining that they sent a car pad to a UK buyer to test out and this is their reply:

Dear,

Will you wait for a week before I am going to send you Owl CarPad/all?
For a trial test with Note 3, I've sent one sample to UK.
He will inform me whether it is compatible or not with Note 3.

As far as I know, It seems like newly Nexus 5 is working with CarPad/all.

Kinds regards,
Moon

Thumbs up for Moon's honesty and professionalism!

Hello ,

Please read below the test results.

Thanks
Moon
-----------
Hi,
I have received the CarPad and tested it with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone.
Unfortunately, it does not function correctly with the phone in the normal position - it does seem to start charging but screen menus keep appearing and disappearing. Placing the phone upside down i.e. with the top of the screen next to the bottom of the charger (by the led light) appears to stop the menus appearing but there is still some screen flickering and various strange effects happen (icons lost, home screen changed) ??
So I'm afraid it doesn't work correctly as is.

Regards, .

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
What charging pad did you end up buying? New to wireless charging and just wanna get the best bang for my buck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

I got this Anker unit from Amazon. As I posted earlier it charges through the double layer case that I have on my N3. I'm happy about that. It would suck to take the case off to use it. Comes with a USB cable but no wall adapter cube. I plug it into the one that came with the Note 3
http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-Qi-E...87077&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+wireless+charging

Edit: Just noticed we are talking quite a bit about wireless charging in the car dock thread which is proof that we are interested in wireless charging in our cars. Some manufacturers claim wireless charging causes interference to car radios but others say it works great. I would like to see charging pads built into car consoles or dashboards but until we see more phones implement it that won't happen.

Last edited:

Zlog

Sep 8, 2007
I've been really happy so far with my InfiniApps Slyde magnet CD slot mount (can't post links yet, search Amazon - it is $25ish shipped)

With the thicker back of the s-view case (due to the NFC antenna) I have to make sure to center it right so that it doesn't rotate on the magnet pad from the weight being off balance. The fake leather of the s-view doesn't have as much traction on the rubber magnet pad. The stock back certainly does though - that was perfect.

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
I've been really happy so far with my InfiniApps Slyde magnet CD slot mount (can't post links yet, search Amazon - it is $25ish shipped)

With the thicker back of the s-view case (due to the NFC antenna) I have to make sure to center it right so that it doesn't rotate on the magnet pad from the weight being off balance. The fake leather of the s-view doesn't have as much traction on the rubber magnet pad. The stock back certainly does though - that was perfect.

does your phone ever fall off with the infiapps version of that car dock? I had the other brand (mountek) and with the S-View case it always seems to fall off

TeleFragger

Account currently disabled
Jan 30, 2008
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I found something awesome on samsung site: (sry i cant post links its in original samsung shop called "ECS-K1E2" <- it seems to have USB 3.0 and its made like that famous s2 dock ! i hope it will be released soon ... didnt find any dock lookin good so far :)

.... damn seems to be for galaxy tab 7.0 WTF a note 3 even needs such a dock >.<

Greetings EpoX

wow that is something i have been looking for!!!!

I came from the Epic Touch 4g and had the AT&T windshield mount.. powered.. with aux jack... so was nice. got in my truck.. put phone in and go...

now i lay my note 3 up and rest on the speedo and tach area... it works but i have to plug the cables in... just a hassle...

shenaniganz08

Nov 8, 2013
Sorry to keep repeating, but USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 charge the same. The extra 3.0 pins are only for data.

Technically wrong

USB 3.0 and all their cables are made to handle 5amps. I have a Titan 5Amp charger that can charge at 2.5 amps and it does seem to charge faster than my 2amp usb charger.

Search Amazon Titan-HW-25EC charger

Last edited:

Zlog

Sep 8, 2007
does your phone ever fall off with the infiapps version of that car dock? I had the other brand (mountek) and with the S-View case it always seems to fall off

It has yet to actually fall off and detach, even with my basically slapping my hand into it during some quick shifting. The rubber pad on the InfiniApps isn't really very grippy to the fake leather of the S-View cover, so if I don't get the phone centered when I have it oriented for landscape than it might slowly rotate a bit if the road is bumpy. This did not happen with the regular case, and if the rubber was more grippy it wouldn't happen at all. I might peel the rubber off and cut a circle of that grippy rubber from wont of those dash mats to put on there - that would do it for sure.

Using this phone with Universal Rotation Control and Nova Launcher makes it the most amazing device to have on your dash!

jacderson

Apr 3, 2011
Could you please post a link?

My Qi car dock finally arrived from China. Haven't had an opportunity to use it with GN3 as the Qi insert I bought seems to be a dud, and am waiting for another to arrive. However, the dock works great with GS3, charge is obviously going to be slower but seems to be on par with 1A usb. I am using TecTile 2, which starts Car Home Ultra. The dock is paired with a Brodit console mount, and the suction cup is much better designed than the OEM Samsung Infuse dock previously used with the S3. The dock holder slides wide enough to accommodate Note 3 + tpu case, and it squarely enough for it not to slide out on rough road, yet is easy to remove and replace. I like it a lot, thus far - will update once Qi receiver is delivered so I can test it with GN3

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Technically wrong

USB 3.0 and all their cables are made to handle 5amps. I have a Titan 5Amp charger that can charge at 2.5 amps and it does seem to charge faster than my 2amp usb charger.

Search Amazon Titan-HW-25EC charger

Well duh. A 2.5 amp > 2.0 amp. Otoh, isn't the note3 limited to 1.8a anyways?

sent from my sm-9005.

ZiadneNefunguje

Nov 12, 2013
San Francisco, Ca
... Using this phone with Universal Rotation Control and Nova Launcher makes it the most amazing device to have on your dash!

What is 'Universal Rotation Control'? I don't see anything like that in Play store. How are you usijng Nova Launcher in the car? I was under impression that one would use one of the Car Home apps from play store (my previous phone Droid 3 had pre-installed Car Home but I don't see any Car Home on Note 3).

Need-A-Tablet

Apr 13, 2011
It has yet to actually fall off and detach, even with my basically slapping my hand into it during some quick shifting. The rubber pad on the InfiniApps isn't really very grippy to the fake leather of the S-View cover, so if I don't get the phone centered when I have it oriented for landscape than it might slowly rotate a bit if the road is bumpy. This did not happen with the regular case, and if the rubber was more grippy it wouldn't happen at all. I might peel the rubber off and cut a circle of that grippy rubber from wont of those dash mats to put on there - that would do it for sure.

Using this phone with Universal Rotation Control and Nova Launcher makes it the most amazing device to have on your dash!

I would like to know as well, as I ordered the InfiniApps version a few days ago.

Zlog

Sep 8, 2007
I would like to know as well, as I ordered the InfiniApps version a few days ago.

Sorry guys, I mis-typed. It's ULTIMATE rotation control:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate&hl=en

It's not as free as it looks. After a few days it will suddenly not work - that's how you know you need to pay a couple bucks for the license lol

I didn't get a car home app, yet, as I have yet to get an NFC tag to queue it up.

ALSO, I returned my S-View case. I got sick of it not staying closed. Just wanted to re-confirm that the mount is infinitely more solid with the stock back. It grips better and the magnetic hold is at least twice as strong.

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
Sorry guys, I mis-typed. It's ULTIMATE rotation control:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate&hl=en

It's not as free as it looks. After a few days it will suddenly not work - that's how you know you need to pay a couple bucks for the license lol

I didn't get a car home app, yet, as I have yet to get an NFC tag to queue it up.

ALSO, I returned my S-View case. I got sick of it not staying closed. Just wanted to re-confirm that the mount is infinitely more solid with the stock back. It grips better and the magnetic hold is at least twice as strong.

Yeah see I returned my sview case too, but mainly because the mountek I was using was always having the device fall right off during driving. I was always using it in portrait mode tho, I prefer that orientation even when driving. I don't use my car launchers, just NFC sticker and apps like NFC task launcher (now renamed to something else) and tasker.

Its too bad tho, I returned my mountek as well (well I processed a return with Amazon, but I gave it to my brother and got the exomount touch cd);
My main reasoning for returning this is because wireless charging. It sucks, can't have wireless charging in the car with a magnetic holster (YET!)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xProDock is Note 3 compatible..

Thanks for starting a dedicated Note 3 thread. We here at iBOLT will participate and reply as necessary, great if we could have only one major thread for the car-dock category.

This week I am visiting the IFA show here in Berlin and after testing the Note 3 I can confirm that Samsung has not made any changes to the "DockMode" feature. It works perfect with our xProDock and the "DockMode" kicks in so that you can set an app like Dock'n Drive, CarHome Ultra, TuneIn or Slacker Radio as "default" home screen. The sound/music from apps can also come out through the microUSB when in dock mode and go the 3.5 mm aux-out that is included with the xPro.

The handset itself is very nice with the "stitched leather back" as you can see in the pictures. In the picture we have the AMPS plate attached which can be used instead of the suction cup if you want to attach to a vent mount from ProClip, a leather mount from KUDA or any pedestal mount type. The screen on the Note 3 is beautiful so indeed this will be an awesome Navigation device too. Let me know if there's any questions.
    Wonder if this set will work for the Note 3

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166837

LG has released the WCP-300 Wireless Charger, a new Qi-compatible wireless charger that works with the Nexus 4 and other Qi compliant devices. At only 6.9cm in diameter, the WCP-300 is designed with portability in mind. Despite its small size, the charging area is 1.7 times wider than that of LG’s previous generation wireless charger. It is compatible with standard 5-pin micro-USB chargers.

On July 2 the WCP-300 won the Red Dot Award for Product Design. The statement from the jury said, "This charging station with its reduced, geometric form language and the colouring in black or white has very classical aesthetics which contribute to its long life"

LG_WCP-300_main_610x378.jpg

Video Reviews:

USA Sellers:

Verizon Wireless - http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?archetypeId=14381&initialPhoneId=&action=accessoryDetails&accessoryId=59904 (includes a 1.8A travel adapter and USB cable) [Cost $40 + tax (free shipping in the USA)]
    (note: Verizon is often having a sale on accessories. Call in your order and ask if they have any current promotions. YMMV)

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-WCP-300-Wireless-Charging/dp/B00C6VP03I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367350487&sr=1-1&keywords=LG+WCP-300 (includes a 1.8A travel adapter and USB cable) [Cost $45 + tax in some states (free shipping in the USA)]

International Sellers:

Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-WCP-300-Qi-Wireless-Phone-Charger-For-LG-G-Pro-Galaxy4-Nexus4-LG-Adapter-/290989648336?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item43c055a9d0 (includes a Europlug (Type C) 1.8A travel adapter and USB cable, available in black or white) [Cost $58 (free shipping worldwide)]

Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-WCP-300-Qi-Wireless-Charger-for-Optimus-G-Pro-Nexus4-Galaxy4-iPhone-4-4s-5-/300986535621?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item4614320ec5 (Travel Adapter and USB cable are NOT INCLUDED, available in black or white) [Cost $44 (free shipping worldwide)]

Car Mount Cradle:

The 'Smart Fit2' is a "LG Authorized" Car Mount Cradle which is designed to incorporate the WCP-300 Wireless Charger.

Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Mount-Cradle-for-LG-WCP-300-Wireless-Charger-4-5-6-Smart-Fit-2-/290988993618?pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item43c04bac52 [Cost $25 (free shipping worldwide)]

smartfit2cradle.jpg
    Okay here are some pics.

First one is docked with app running.

Second one shows that I made a mistake when I said you couldn't put the plastic case on the back over the USB cables. You just need to flip the cables and they will reattach perfectly.

Third one shows how the foot hits volume rocker.

Fourth shows how much of the rocker is hit by the foot.

Like I previously said you just need to flip the phone and the USB cable and it fits fine. See first pic.

Also the issue I had with the audio to the car speakers was fixed when I rebooted.

I highly recommend this dock to anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
    The original Note car holder was the shiii.... Well, it was good:

http://www.expert.fi/getmetafile/91...528e78/GalaxyNote_carkit.aspx?maxsidesize=350

GalaxyNote_carkit.aspx

Reasons being:

- Made for the phone. No universal, spring loaded, or anything like that crap. The phone would snap to place and STAY there
    - No wirecircus. Just plug the charger and the 3,5mm plug to the holder and you're golden.
    - Very rugged suction cup. Never gave me any crap.
    - Very rugged positioning screw. Didn't come loose once.

This all is coming from a taxi driver, with a lot of kilometers to show for it. ;) But now I'm changing for the Note 3, so if anyone can hook me up with a similar car holder I'm all ears.
    The brand of mine is the Exogear Exomount 2. I bought it for my nexus 4. The mouth has to spread wider to fit the Note 3 in it. It is a tight grip. There is a thing to turn to adjust how lose it can be for side to side and up and down movement. When using the Note 3 you have to tighten it all the way because it is a bigger phone, if not while you are driving it will start to tilt down. I mostly had my nexus 4 mounted on the windshield, but It does tend to bounce around when you hit bumps on the road. I was afraid of it falling our of the window, even though I never had it fall. This is a cool mount because you can mount it on the dash and the windshield. I like those options. I actually prefer it and like it a lot better mounted on the dash. It is easier to look at and you won't have to worry about the phone or mount falling off of the window and it looks better on the dash. Very useful, I do not regret buying it, quality seems well built. The mount does not seem cheap. Only negative is that it does shake while you hit bumps and driving, but It is on my dash (where I actually prefer it) and I don't have to worry about it falling. I would recommend this item. It is cheaper on Amazon and available with prime. It is more money on the manufacturer's website. Any other questions, just ask. :good: http://www.amazon.com/Exogear-ExoMo...=UTF8&qid=1381258092&sr=8-1&keywords=exo+gear