[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
  • Download or Build from Source
  • Download Gapps
  • Wipe Data
  • Flash ROM in Recovery
  • Flash Gapps in Recovery
  • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
  • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
Please read THIS
TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
RockR172, intervigil
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
Last Updated 2014-06-09

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-15-16-48-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-16-48-46.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 36,016
  • 2013_11_17_08_18_10.png
    2013_11_17_08_18_10.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 52,383
  • 2013_11_22_16_18_26.jpg
    2013_11_22_16_18_26.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 55,980
  • 2013_11_22_16_18_48.jpg
    2013_11_22_16_18_48.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 54,144
  • 2013_11_22_16_18_18.jpg
    2013_11_22_16_18_18.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 54,289
Last edited:

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE

Last edited:

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Latest CM Source
  • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Latest CM Source
  • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
  • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
  • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
  • Cherry picked new Audio patches
  • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Camera App now actually works
  • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • Audio Fixed
  • Bluetooth Works
  • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
  • First Release
  • Fixed SD Card
  • Fixed WiFi

Last edited:

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010

It boots, Sdcard present and usable, camera FC, Phone is too buggy for daily unfortunately, haven´t had time to test other apps, and had a few softreboots..

One thing i´ve noticed, CWM recovery has no backlight, but if u go to bootloader, power down and wait a few seconds, go bac to recovery and it is woking fine with backlight

I Reverted back to Pacman, waiting for a fresh build, again thank you for this :D

Reactions: Rapier

striped121

Jan 6, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
try with bubba! It should work....

Everything working now including camera!.

Not sure if this is significant but heres what I did

1. in recovery wipe everything.
2. in bootloader flash cwm
3. in cwm flashed rom.
4. back in bootloader flash twrp
5 back in twrp flash this gapps http://d-h.st/EIM
6. reboot

Rom seems fine to me now so thanks a million for this!!. im off to see how xposed works with it :D

EDIT: After about an hour of use it all seems good to me. wifi/mobile data both working. Camera fully working. all gapps working. No reboots so far either :)

only problem I have is no sound when playing music and the volume slider is laggy as hell when using volume rocker.

EDIT: Yep only sound I get is from the volume rocker and thats a rare beep, no ringtones, nothing

Last edited:

antaine

Jan 29, 2011
Paris
Could you add a list of bugs in your post so we can see how it goes

Envoyé de mon One S en utilisant Tapatalk

melo563

Apr 12, 2011
davenport
Everything working now including camera!.

Not sure if this is significant but heres what I did

1. in recovery wipe everything.
2. in bootloader flash cwm
3. in cwm flashed rom.
4. back in bootloader flash twrp
5 back in twrp flash this gapps http://d-h.st/EIM
6. reboot

Rom seems fine to me now so thanks a million for this!!. im off to see how xposed works with it :D

EDIT: After about an hour of use it all seems good to me. wifi/mobile data both working. Camera fully working. all gapps working. No reboots so far either :)

only problem I have is no sound when playing music and the volume slider is laggy as hell when using volume rocker.

EDIT: Yep only sound I get is from the volume rocker and thats a rare beep, no ringtones, nothing

There is no sound even with headphones?

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Flashed it also, first with latest bubba but I got some reboots so I've flashed it second time without it. No reboots since then. Now, what I've found (most annoying "bugs" for me):

1. There are certain sound issues. In-call sound is clear and loud, there's nothing wrong here :good: BUT...there are no other sounds that plays: notifications, ringtones, screen tap, lockscreen, volume adjust sound, dialer touch tones and so on. There are times when they work but mostly there's no sound or a cracking (like static) short sound. The good thing is that you can call and be called (presuming you set also vibration to know when phone rings)
2. There's no option to set the "menu" key. The default is the "recent apps" and I could not find a way to bind menu to it. There's no "3 dot" setting also...so you cannot access most of the applications menu
3. There is some display delay, especially when in-call (screen goes blank at ear but it has a very, barely visible, screen when taking it far from your face). This is not always, bringing phone near face or away from it several times will eventually bring you a full lit screen. The delay it's happening also on lockscreen sometimes

Reactions: RockR172

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have the same problem, so I tried to flash Bubba but the phone stucks on the splashscreen... Am I forgetting something? Can You link to me the Bubba version that works with that ROM?

Sorry for My bad english

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
It is the latest bubba from the thread, the one from 10th of Nov. That's the one I've used also and it worked. Just that I got some reboots (due to pocket detection probably as it is stated in the thread) so I reverted to CM kernel included in the ROM

The Bubba kernel we're talking about is this one:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291675988

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Buglist added, help me keep it updated.. ;)
I've seen you have put in buglist that USB Mass Storage not working. I just checked it and it works. Device is shown in My Computer, I can browse content, copy and so on. What is not working?

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
It is the latest bubba from the thread, the one from 10th of Nov. That's the one I've used also and it worked. Just that I got some reboots (due to pocket detection probably as it is stated in the thread) so I reverted to CM kernel included in the ROM

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I've seen you have put in buglist that USB Mass Storage not working. I just checked it and it works. Device is shown in My Computer, I can browse content, copy and so on. What is not working?

Hmm, weird..
When I tried, it just won't connect.. Might have done something wrong..
Maybe I'll just get it off the list.. :)
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010

Working here also on win7 monted sdcard in PC, copy/paste files without issues

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.