Or Continue to Thread: [APPS][4.1+] Google Experience…
Find Your Device:
17th November 2013, 12:59 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag 50 56' 33" 6 57' 32"
Thanks Meter: 1,109

617 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitKr

can we change setting for app drawer?
i wanna use 5x5 app drawer.

After testing what I said before, I can confirm that changing the pixel density will result in the 5x5 view. But the best value seems to be 316 - not, as previously said, 300!

To do so, you can simply edit the build.prop file and replace "lcd_density=320" with "lcd_density=316". Use your tool of choice, or the following commands from the terminal. They will a) create a backup of the current build.prop in /system/build.prop.bak and b) edit the existing build.prop file in place (requires busybox being installed (for sed)):

(type bold parts only!)
Code:
user@machine> adb shell
shell@mako:/ $ su
root@mako:/  # mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system
root@mako:/  # sed -i'.bak' 's/lcd_density=320/lcd_density=316/g' /system/build.prop
Now reboot and you're done. Here's the side-by-side comparison from OP but with the 5x5 GEL Drawer version being added:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hern1989

I noticed that the icons look way bigger on this launcher than on the jelly bean one. Is that default on the new launcher? Thanks

As you can see from the screenshots above, the icon size is not affected by the density setting change.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bexton For This Useful Post: [ View ]