[Information] Sony 4.3 , 4.4 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Gallardo994

May 25, 2013
Saint-Petersburg
From what I have seen the only thing kit kat brings is a way to stop locked boot loader devices from being hacked. Things are going to get allot harder and we may all find our self's saving up for unlocked devices now. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

Hackers are always step ahead of developers. This protection will be owned soon, mark those words.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
I know, but there will be a ROM that supports XS, XAS, Ion.

Only if an XDA developer creates a 4.2+ ROM and only if they can maintain/advance the support for the S3/Adreno 220 SoC.

And oddly, in the real world that's a pretty big ask.

Without the Adreno 220 2D and 3D supported drivers any Android 4.2 plus firmware will just mean the Sony XPERIA S will end up as a basket case and probably barely about to support 720p and probably not HDMI.

ThaweK

Mar 21, 2013
I read that Android KitKat will support some later device and smaller RAM. So Hoping Sony will launch an update to Xperia Acro S and Xperia S. :D

Yes, it can be launched on lower devices, but it's designed to new devices for medium hardware level, released in future. It's not for older devices.

Tap Tap Tapatalk - Sony Xperia S [4.1.2]

kunal7484

Aug 3, 2013
As we received Jelly Bean even after 18 months of launch.
Sony could deliver KitKat may be later.....with a little help from RaymanFx :silly:

lewis021

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks to deedwar we already have beanstalk 4.4. The only thing impossible is to have a kitkat Sony based ROM.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
This thread has out lived it's usefulness.
Please use existing discussion threads for your devices.
Thread cleaned and closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, at least we received 3 major Android upgrades. This is ALMOST comparable to Galaxy Nexus which started off at 4.0 and ended 4.3. And you can't really blame Sony, Qualcomm didn't release new drivers for Snapdragon S3 SOCs.
    I think it's time to move on, even Google is not updating the Galaxy Nexus even where its within the specification. :)

Ha ha.. sounds funny when u don't know the whole story.. :p Galaxy Nexus won't get 4.3 because Ti OMAP did what Qualcomm did to us.. Same thing.. No drivers from them.. So that being the main reason, Google covering it with 18 months reason.. Also pretty valid.. And for SONY which probably should have been released with 4.0 was released with 2.3, which they have done with all their flagships.. Z with 4.1 when 4.2 was already out, Z1 with 4.2 when 4.3 was out for months.. They are always a generation behind.. Hence we are forced to stay on 4.1.. Its like we only got 2 generations of OS.. Qualcomm might not have given drivers.. But 1 single person brought 4.2 and 4.3 for us, can't SONY, a big international NO.3 mobile company build one?? Lame reason i say.. Cheap parlor tricks.. We just have to fall for it.. :mad::mad:
    I read that Android KitKat will support some later device and smaller RAM. So Hoping Sony will launch an update to Xperia Acro S and Xperia S. :D
    Sony forcing us to sell our phones and never buy a sony product

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Or <Sony forcing us to sell our phones and buy a newer sony product> :p

Of course I would be more than happy to hear about updating xperia s to 4.3 or 4.4, but it was never going to happen. And you know what? Thanks to developers such as @niaboc79 our xperia s is a great smartphone no matter how do you call the newest android version ;) Maybe in a year from now I'll get xperia z1, z3 or z5, for now I'm really fully satisfied with what I have :) Of course there may be people who really need more power, more possibilities or more anything, and it's not a problem for me, but I think for average user our phone is still more than enough :)
    btw, just something that i am always curious. If sony cant get 4.2, 4.3 4.4 to work, why do other developer managed to get it work?

Well i am no expert but this is my take, as some people are stating Qualcomm isn't releasing any more drivers so Sony can't deliver an 100% stable version, developers release the most stable version possible but with customized drivers (which may not be perfect)
    Just a heads up, developer Rayman has a Sneak preview photo of 4.4 kitkat on Xperia S