[ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-X 5.4][DATA2SD/ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 22]★★

Search This thread

houtx2

Sep 16, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The only difference between 5.2 and 5.2a is the modules used for thatv4. So if you don't use that kernel you don't need to redownload.

17/11/2013 CROMi-X v5.2a Full ROM
oFixed rebooting issue when flashing _thatv4 kernel (v5.2a)

Apologies to anyone who suffered rebooting due to this. Quick fix, reflash 5.2 with any other kernel, then download 5.2a and reflash with thatv4.

:angel:

5.2a booted just fine with thatv4. Thanks for the quick fix.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Essentrix

Apr 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
OK I FOUND THE ISSUE WITH REBOOTING ON THATv4 KERNEL. I'll repost roms now - 5.2a will fix it.

Sorry about that - used thatv6 modules for all that's kernels and they are not compatible.

:(

Confirming a dirty flash is fine with your ROM mate?

Also still had some issues after moving to ASUS keyboard to remove word prediction while docking. Kill app using gravity longpress back button option killed ASUS keyboard instead of recent app. One user suggested it was because killapp kills recent app not foreground app. However in line with your thinking, tried some different keyboard options and problem solved with Google keyboard. BTW I forever use word prediction on other devices but was annoying in dock mode.

Finally you guys really are helpful and as the developer your knowledgeable input is sincerely appreciated. Honestly thought I might have made a mistake coming to the T700; wasn't too happy with the change from Nexus 7. Interface seemed clunky, mods limited and OS slow. Your ROM has changed all that. Great work!

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Confirming a dirty flash is fine with your ROM mate?

Also still had some issues after moving to ASUS keyboard to remove word prediction while docking. Kill app using gravity longpress back button option killed ASUS keyboard instead of recent app. One user suggested it was because killapp kills recent app not foreground app. However in line with your thinking, tried some different keyboard options and problem solved with Google keyboard. BTW I forever use word prediction on other devices but was annoying in dock mode.

Finally you guys really are helpful and as the developer your knowledgeable input is sincerely appreciated. Honestly thought I might have made a mistake coming to the T700; wasn't too happy with the change from Nexus 7. Interface seemed clunky, mods limited and OS slow. Your ROM has changed all that. Great work!

Dirty flash is fine and thanks for the kind words. ;)

Jeffruby

Apr 10, 2010
Many thanks to all especially sbdags. Finally got 5.2a up amd running on rom2sd with that's kernel (hunds was only one working for me until I repartitioned the SD card!;)

Anyway, here are a few things I learned along the way.

1) you must use gparted for partitioning. Other methods may work, but not properly.

2) if you use gparted, you must install through PC bios. Using the windows box method will not show your SD card.

3) install rom twice! Once with Rom2sd compatibility, dont reboot-but immediately install again (with sdcard in) with rom2sd checked.

4) stay away from advanced options. Fsync stuff. Leave alone.

Thanks again

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Hi

I installed v5.2a + _that v6 20 minutes ago and while my microSDCard is fine within twrp, it's not mounted and not visible in android.
I put the card out and in but no mount.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

deathwalker01

Apr 10, 2009
Hi all,
Dirty flashed the 5.1.2 and its stuck on finishing boot. I can get into recovery no probs but is there a way to get the new ROM on my SDcard if I cant boot into my tablet.
Nevermind managed to get it across but im still getting stuck at the finishing boot. It just seems to hang.

Cheers
Deathwalker

Last edited:

-BoneZ-

Oct 24, 2009
Indiana
Is there any way to stop the auto-updating of apps every time the tablet is turned on? I thought I had it all turned off in settings, but it's still updating every app when it's turned on from sleep.

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
5.2a does not seems to support Rom2SD?

It does. Follow these tips mentioned a page ago.

Many thanks to all especially sbdags. Finally got 5.2a up amd running on rom2sd with that's kernel (hunds was only one working for me until I repartitioned the SD card!

Anyway, here are a few things I learned along the way.

1) you must use gparted for partitioning. Other methods may work, but not properly.

2) if you use gparted, you must install through PC bios. Using the windows box method will not show your SD card.

3) install rom twice! Once with Rom2sd compatibility, dont reboot-but immediately install again (with sdcard in) with rom2sd checked.

4) stay away from advanced options. Fsync stuff. Leave alone.

Thanks again

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I was struggling all day till I saw the tip to install twice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
I confirm : issue with microSD card with 5.2a + that v6. I have installed this morning 5.2a with that v4 and my microSD is mounted and working fine.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi all,
Dirty flashed the 5.1.2 and its stuck on finishing boot. I can get into recovery no probs but is there a way to get the new ROM on my SDcard if I cant boot into my tablet.
Nevermind managed to get it across but im still getting stuck at the finishing boot. It just seems to hang.

Cheers
Deathwalker

You'll need to provide more info than that but please flash 5.2a. If it happens again post the version and options plus a logcat over adb from a PC please.

5.2a does not seems to support Rom2SD?

It does. Follow these tips mentioned a page ago.
I was struggling all day till I saw the tip to install twice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I changed the script so you should only need to install once but you do need a working copy of cromi-x or minic on internal.

I confirm : issue with microSD card with 5.2a + that v6. I have installed this morning 5.2a with that v4 and my microSD is mounted and working fine.

Can you post in that's thread please. ExFat or NTFS?

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

dilfred

Mar 30, 2011
Good Morning all, I am a little confused as to what to do.
I like the concept of moving the ROM to SD using ROM2SD, but not sure of the advantage to me of having 2 roms available either if the SD card is in, or not.
It strikes me that this just uses more space (2 roms installed). I have been happily using 1 rom and don't think I need to switch between 2.

Is it more advantageous to use Data2SD instead then. The reason I ask is that the OP states that with fsync off there is little point using data2sd as no significant advantage.

Does a rom run differently/faster/smoother using ROM2SD than off internal ram?

Sorry for confusing question, but I am a little bit in a pickle as to what it all means, which probably means just leave alone and just keep rom on internal lol

I just hope to minimise lag etc and trying to understand what option does this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-X 5.4][DATA2SD/ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 22]★★

TF700 USERS: YOU MUST BE ON THE ASUS STOCK JB 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER VERSION 10.6.1.14.x AND TWRP 2.5.0.0+ BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. SEE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW IF YOU ARE UNSURE

If you have a different ASUS tablet, please look at this thread to see if there is a compatible version of this ROM.

I recommend you do a full wipe if coming from another ROM. Choose Wipe – Factory in TWRP. Do not do a full wipe from the bootloader.

You can restore data from Titanium Backups but please do not restore system data or apps from a previous version or another ROM if you want a nice clean smooth upgrade experience.

Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 10 mins to stabilise!

VSa5Mnk.jpg

QqZSgeS.jpg

eT3LrwL.jpg

tHDBvdN.jpg

2zUuz5H.jpg

ABOUT
    • CROMi-X is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.6.1.27.1 & 10.6.1.14.10 Jelly Bean 4.2.1 WW releases and 10.6.1.x bootloader. It has its roots in the original CleanROM by scrosler
    • CROMi-X is targeted to towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
    • CROMi-X is tuned for performance and built for stability!
    • CROMi-X is true to stock in looks!
    • CROMi-X can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) editions during the install process
    • CROMi-X Source on github : here
    • Thanks to scrosler, elesbb, pjc21, _that, flumpster, timberwolf671, LetMeKnow, Robgee789, elfaure, That’s OK & Thibor69 for their invaluable help in making this possible!
    All the testers. Thank you so much for your patience and testing! :highfive:
    Additional thanks to all the File Hosters: @johnlgalt and @workdowg :good:
    • A huge thanks to @nomad10002, @Mackis, @mikmock, @RagingHarry, @sgkla, @okantomi and @jtrosky for donating too much money to my CROMI projects! :good:

FEATURES
    • BOTH 4.1 and 4.2 GUIs are available - use settings - launchers to switch
    • ODEX/DEODEX version available.
    • Aroma Installer with the following options:
    • Locale: US or WW
    • DPI Size: 213 (TF700 recommended small fonts), 240 (Stock fonts), 224 (Medium fonts) & 200 (Small fonts), 180 (Tiny fonts) & 160 (Specsavers fonts)
    • Kernels: _that / stock modded kernel variant based from ASUS Stock 10.6.1.14.8 & sbdags ASUS Stock Modded 10.6.1.27.5 Kernel, plus Hund's Kernel
    • Launchers: Asus Stock, Apex , Nova, ADW
    • Boot Animations: CROMi-X Asus Bios, CROMi-X Blue Fire, CROMI-X Yellow Spinner, CROMi-X Fire and Water, Asus Stock, Nexus Google
    • Google Apps : Multi DPI Play Store, News & Weather Genie, Gmail, Maps, Talk, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Document Viewer, Gallery, Picasa
    • Asus Apps: File Manager, App Back Up, App Locker, My Cloud, My Net, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, My Frame, My Dictionary, Splashtop, My BitCast, My Library (Asus Reader – only works on 160 DPI), Screen Saver, Asus Live Wallpapers (Asus Day Scene, My water & My Water II),Parental Control
    • Apps Removed: Google Plus, Kindle, Chrome, Press Reader, Vibe, Zinio, CM Client, DM Client (calling home apps), DRM Content Provider
    • Misc Apps: ESFile Explorer, Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, DropBox, DSP Manager, Rebooter, LMT Pie Control, Keyboard Manager
    • File system and performance tweaks!
    • Init.d support!
    • Zip align on boot!
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Auto Brightness reconditioned (Brighter at lower light levels for IPS+)
    • 4.1 or 4.2 GUI Switcher enabled via Settings…Launchers….
    • Browser performance tweaks (Extra menu with OpenGL Rendering, Light Touch and CPU Upload Path enabled)
    • Browser2RAM init.d scripts (Default Browser, Firefox, Naked Browser and Chrome version)
    • Scroll Caching Disabled for smoother in app scrolling
    • Fsync Disabled option for extreme speed!
    • Data2SD/ROM2SD implemented via _that’s or Hund's kernel
    • Over-Clock, Under-Volt and Over-Volt scripts via _that's or Hund's kernel
    • Cache2SD implemented via Meldrak's scripts. Full Thread HERE
    • Continued Best Support of any ROM!

ISSUES
    None that I am aware of

CHANGE LOG
    22/02/2014 CROMi-X v5.4 Full ROM
    o Removed CROMi-Control app. After discussions with elesbb he will redevelop as an xposed module
    o Reverted Framework (framework.jar, services.jar, systemui.apk, transformer.apk) to pre-cromi-control versions
    o Modded systemui.apk and transformer.apk to allow sd card and dock notifications to be removed as an option in installer
    o Rebuilt Stock Launcher Lite version - 3 Screens ONLY, New Beach Wallpaper, 4.2 Gui gets 9x6 workspace and draw icons, removed google bar and page indicator
    o Fixed framework-res.apk wallpaper inconsistencies. Tree definitely gone now and beach wallpaper formatted correctly
    o Added installer option to switch balanced and performance profiles. If you choose balanced you actually get performance. Device boots to performance
    o Changed entropy settings to stop kernel rebuilding entropy_avail - result should be less lag
    o Updated _that's OC kernel to version 8
    o Updated Hunds' kernel to version 3.4.5
    o Updated LetMeKnow's ET to Hunds' 3.4.5 kernel
    o Updated Google Core Services and libs to latest version
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.5.3
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.6.1
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.4.1409N
    o Updated Google Now to version 3.2.17
    o Updated Superuser and binary to latest version 1.93
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.1.0.2
    o Updated Asus Web Storage to version 2.1.3.7556
    o Updated Google Mail to version 4.7.2
    o Fixed issue of ET installation locked into 213 DPI
    o Fixed search options missing - Reinstated QuickSearch from Asus
    o Minor build.prop fix to remove duplicate entry
    o Fixed build.prop for TF300T US users as it was showing the wrong version

18/01/2014 CROMi-X v5.3 Full ROM
    o Recompiled framework-res.apk with TF701T default wallpaper. Goodbye Asus Tree ;)
    o Fixed Google Keyboard not defaulting on clean install when Asus keyboard is not installed
    o Fixed the minutes of lag after installing apps from the play store - it's seconds now - but much better now
    o Fixed older version of hunds app in deodex version
    o Fixed older version of GPU UV in odex version
    o Fixed missing battery widget on odex version
    o Extracted libs from Google Keyboard so it can go back to /system/app
    o Extracted libs from Google Search so velvet.apk can go back to system/app
    o Updated and Extracted libs from Google Framework Services so GmsCore.apk can go back to system/app
    o Changes to 50CleanTWeaks script for vm tweaks - should do much better with lag. See below url for explanations
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt
    Removed the following kernel tweaks - probably better leaving them default for now:
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3
    Changed
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=90 from 22
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_background_ratio=70 from 4
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=5572 from 4096
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=10 from 50
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=200 from 3000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=500
    o Re-added optimized remounts on boot on /data /cache and /system
    o Updated the 3D processing fps limits from LetMeKnow in CPU2.sh and CPU3.sh
    logi "setprop persist.tegra.NV_FPSLIMIT 1"
    setprop persist.tegra.NV_FPSLIMIT 1
    logi "setprop persist.sys.NV_FPSLIMIT 90"
    setprop persist.sys.NV_FPSLIMIT 90
    o Build.prop edits:
    Removed:
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
    persist.android.strictmode=0
    ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    com.qc.hardware=true
    debug.enabletr=true
    debug.sf.hw=true
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true
    o Updated Extreme Tweaks version to 1.6. Thanks LetMeKnow.
    o Updated ES FIle Explorer to version 3.0.9.1
    o Updated YouTube to version 5.3.32
    o Updated Google Text to Speech to latest version
    o Updated Gravity Box to version 2.9.2
    o Fixed Xposed not loading after a clean install - modules still need to be toggled off/on and a single reboot per module
    o Removed lagfix. Since I stopped using it I have not had any data corruption. It's on the play store if you want it

05/01/2014 CROMi-X v5.2.4 Full ROM
    o Fixed Adobe Flash Player so works with Amazon Prime. Now loaded to /data for compatibility
    o Updated Hosts file for adblocking option
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.9.0
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.5.2
    o Updated You Tube to version 5.3.28
    o Updated SuperUser and binary to version 1.86
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.12
    o Updated Google Play Store to version 4.5.10 for non TF700 users
    o Updated Gravity Box to version 2.8.5
    o Updated Hunds kernel to version 3.4.4 beta
    o Updated latest Lucius Tweaks for non ET versions. Thanks lucius.zen
    changed scheduler to SIO for Hunds based kernels and tcp congestion control to lp
    changed OV table values for CPU and GPU
    o Tweaked vm settings in init.d scripts to see if it eliminates some lag
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=22
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_background_ratio=4
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=3000
    o Moved UserDictionaryProvider back to /system/app to fix Thumb Keyboard issues - thanks meldrak
    o Updated libAppDataSearch.so and libgames_rtmp_jni.so in /system/lib to stop google play service redownloading. Thanks meldrak
    o Fixed Stock Browser with better compiled version - helps search bar consistency. Thanks meldrak
    o Replaced QuickSearch functionality with better version. Thanks meldrak
    o Recompiled the AsusReader.apk with Alice in Wonderland epub removed. :) Still creates a 0 byte stub :(
    o Updated cache2sd scripts to version 1.5. Thanks meldrak. Thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258050
    o Added Keyboard Dock remapping option to installer - LOCK key = DELETE and SEARCH key = LEFT ALT

Older Versions:
    16/12/2013 CROMi-X v5.2.3 Full ROM
    o Updated CROMi-Control to fix the reboot issues. Thanks elesbb
    o Updated Hunds TF700T kernel to version 3.4.3
    o Updated LetMeKnow's ET to Hunds 3.4.2 v1.5
    o Moved the XT9 user databases to the Asus Keyboard installer
    o Updated read ahead values for stock based kernels to 4096KB for internal and 6144KB for external SD
    o Removed redundant sysctl entries in 50CleanTweaks (Both normal and ET). Thanks lucius.zen
    o Set midrange_freq = 760000, max_normal_freq = 1300000, timer_rate = 20000 and min_sample_time = 40000 in 50CleanTweaks. Thanks lucius.zen
    o Changed the default hunds hotplug interface settings to 2 4 6. LMK's ET is still set to 0 0 0
    o Zipaligned all apks in the ROM
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.3.1316M
    o Updated Google Keyboard to version 2.0.19133.927933a
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.5.0
    o Updated Google Calendar to version 201308023
    o Updated Google Mail to version 4.6
    o Updated multi-dpi playstore to version 4.5.10
    o Updated ESFileExplorer to version 3.0.7.0
    o Updated Keyboard Manager to version 2.11
    o Updated Xposed Installer to version 2.4.1
    o Updated Xposed GravityBox to version 2.8.1
    o Updated SuperUser to version 1.85
    o Fixed ThumbKeyboard issues - thanks meldrak

05/12/2013 CROMi-X v5.2.2 Full ROM
    o Updated thatv6 kernel to thatv7 test for sdcard fixes and tcp congestion control
    o Updated TF700 Hunds Kernel to version 3.4.2 Beta
    o Updated LetMeKnow's TF700 ET to version 1.3 and best bits from 1.4
    o Updated 50CleanTweaks Init.d script (thanks LMK and lucius.zen):
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w fs.file-max=131072
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w fs.inotify.max_queued_events=32768
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_maxspeed_load=85
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/max_boost=1800000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/midrange_freq=900000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/midrange_go_maxspeed_load=65
    o Set swapiness back to 0
    o Set read ahead KB to 4096KB
    o Dropped GPU UV by 15mV - 45mV in 91GPUUV init.d script
    o Dropped CPU OV by 10mV - 40mV in 89OV init.d script
    o Updated file system tuning tweaks in installer (should fix kernel forced reboots to reoptimize)
    o Changed TCP congestion algorithm to westwood for all versions (should help wifi performance)
    o Updated Google Keyboard to version 2.0.19123.914326a
    o Updated YouTube to version 5.3.24
    o Updated Titaninum Backup to version 6.1.4.3
    o Updated dropbox to version 2.3.11.4
    o Updated SuperUser app and binary to version 1.80
    o Updated Google Services to latest version
    o Updated Android Terminal to version 1.0.54

17/11/2013 CROMi-X v5.2a Full ROM
    o Fixed rebooting issue when flashing _thatv4 kernel (v5.2a)
    o Fixed the missing Settings Status which was causing force closes
    o Fixed WiFi slowing down after sleep issues - thanks LMK
    o Fixed missing keyboard permissions
    o Fixed Android is Upgrading message on every boot for ODEX version
    o Fixed missing busy box symlinks
    o Fixed ROM2SD installer script - installs the correct pre-init script to internal /system/boot
    o Updated and resized the Stock Bootanimation to the new TF700T JB4.3 Asus Stock
    o Updated _thatv5 kernel to newer _thatv6 rebased to 10.6.1.14.10 and 4.3 compatibility
    o Updated CleanTweaks interactive governor control to go max a little earlier
    o Updated Google Play Services to latest version
    o Upated SuperUser and SU binary to version 1.69
    o Added Android Terminal Emulator to ROM as option
    o Moved libereader.so to Asus Reader option
    o Moved FaceLock to be an option in the installer

10/11/2013 CROMi-X v5.1.2 Full ROM
    o Fixed build.prop files to have correct version for all devices
    o Fixed issues re-optimizing dalvik cache on reboot for ODEX users
    o Added Rom2SD compatibility to ROM. Thanks to _that. You must use Gparted to create Fat32, EXT4 and EXT4 partitions and be on your fast microsd
    o Added miniCROMi-X Launcher - debloated Asus Launcher (all wallpapers removed and one TF701T added)
    o Updated LetMeKnow's ET to version 1.1
    o Updated EXT 4 tuning options to safer data journaling enabled versions in the installer
    o Updated fix from LMK for slow wifi performance for all editions
    o Updated CleanTweaks fs.file-max=65536 as recommended setting for 1GB RAM
    o Updated CleanTweaks interactive governor control to be a bit more battery friendly
    o Updated the egl.cfg file for the GPU Rendering : Disable Software Rendering option
    o Updated Hunds App to version 2.4
    o Updated Google Boot Animation to larger size
    o Updated Google Play Services to version 4.0.31
    o Updated Google Keyboard to version 2.0.18933.905102a
    o Updated Google Calendar to version 201306302
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.4.0
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.2.1301L
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.3
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.6.0
    o Updated AdAway to version 2.8
    o Updated AdBlocking Hosts file to http://winhelp2002.mvps.org November version
    o Updated GravityBox for Xposed to version 2.6.9
    o Moved Google Keyboard and Libraries to be an option
    o Moved Google Live Wallpapers to be an option
    o Moved Asus Email, Exchange and Widget to be an option
    o Moved Asus Keyboard and Libraries to be an option
    o Moved Asus Taskmanager to be an option
    o Moved Asus Battery Widget to be an option
    o Removed mms.apk and phone.apk as not required
    o Removed the TF701T Weather Widget and App - will offer as a separate download
    o Removed ES File explorer classic theme - you can download this from the store
    o Removed GoLauncher HD - hasn't been updated in a year and who uses it really?
    o Updated ME301T audio and camera modules from 10.6.1.31 for MemoPad 10 users

28/10/2013 CROMi-X v5.1.1 Full ROM
    o Updated missing auto brightness profiles from Deodex version
    o Updated auto brightness profiles for Prime to match Infinity ones
    o Changed Rom Build Name as breaks TWRP backup naming convention
    o Updated CROMi-Control to version with fixed Res Changer - thanks elesbb
    o Updated Google Play Store to version 4.3.11 for non TF700 users
    o Fixed PlayStore reverting to older version for TF700 users and updated to Multi-DPI version 4.4.21
    o Moved updated Google Play Services to /system/app - solves issues of update on new install
    o Updated GravityBox Xposed Module to version 2.6.5
    o Updated YouTube to version 5.2.27
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.2.1233L
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.3.0
    o Updated Asus Reader to TF701T version
    o Recompiled Asus Apps with TF701T equivalent App Icons
    (Browser, Email, Calculator, Download Manager, File Manager, Contacts, Settings, Sound Recorder, Calendar, Gallery, Camera)
    o Removed GMSCore.apk (Google+) as redundant in /system/app
    o CROMi-X Bios bootanimation speed improvements
    o Switched the data2sd card layout to hunds method as a bit more logical than _thats - one consistant approach now
    o Rom now wipes cache on every install - option in installer is now only for dalvik cache

Extracted TF701T Wallpapers - available in a separate download in post 2 - just extract to microsd and use gallery to set as wallpaper
    13/10/2013 CROMi-X v5.1 Full ROM
    o Rebased from Asus Stock 10.6.1.27.5 so updated to version 5.1
    o Re-Odexed as new framework base & recompiled Asus Browser with speed tweaks
    o Updated CROMi Control to version 1.0.2. Thanks elesbb
    o Updated the Asus Weather app to the one from the new TF701T Tegra 4 rom as a trial
    o Updated Hunds App to version 2.3
    o Updated TF700 Hunds Kernel to version 3.4.1
    o Updated LetMeKnow's Extreme Tweaks v1.0 with Hunds 3.4 kernel
    o Updated Xposed Installer to version 2.3.1
    o Updated Xposed Module GravityBox to version 2.6.1
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.1
    o Updated cache2sd to v1.4. Thanks meldrak. Don't run this if you are already using data2sd
    o Fixed missing incorrect symlinks for Hulu Plus fix - thanks flumpster
    o Fixed SD-EXT shows correct size in installer now if you have an EXT partition on the sd card
    o Fixed BlueTooth name - no longer Nexus 4 by default
    o Removed Rebooter app as could be causing data corruption with fsync disabled
    ChangeLog from Asus:
    1. Improve system stability
    2. Update Polaris Office to v4.0.5030, to fix Spanish IME issue with keyboard dock
    3. Support HDMI 1080P output when play Full HD video clip
    4. Fixed the issue that sometime the Weather widget will fail to update weather data

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
    Start by choosing the scenario below which reflects how your tablet is currently configured.

Scenario One

Factory Stock Android Operating System & Bootloader (Asus 10.6.1.x)

Steps

1. If you haven’t yet, unlock and root your TF700 by following these instructions.

2. Install the latest version of Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) - TWRP XDA Thread

Download and install the Scott's TF700T Recovery Install Tool. Once downloaded, extract the files on your Windows PC, connect your tablet to the computer and run the Recovery Install Tool.bat file.

3. Skip Scenario Two and Jump to the Installing CROMi-X section.

Scenario Two

Custom recovery such as TWRP or Clockworkmod installed with a Custom ROM package

Steps

1. Update your bootloader to the latest one for your device by flashing from your existing custom recovery and then choose reboot from the menu.
    Please don't flash these at the same time as a ROM package as the latter will cancel the bootloader/TWRP flash.

TF700 World Wide WW SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.10 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.10 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 2

10.6.1.14.10 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 3

md5: ef765b8aec5f28cdea3d0c1381ee573f

TF700 North American US SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.10 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.10 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 2

10.6.1.14.10 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 3

md5: 3032bebe982920208eea4c4893ab01cd

TF700 Taiwanese TW SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.10 TW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.10 TW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 2

10.6.1.14.10 TW Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 3

md5: 2555a7b2071ba89a2d64c25ac31b5cbb

TF700 Japanese JP SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.10 JP Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.10 JP Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 2

10.6.1.14.10 JP Bootloader and TWRP 2.6.1.0 DOWNLOAD 3

md5: 9e2b696fab3c3d1b96374290195d9da2

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO MOVE THE BLUE BAR TO FULL. DON'T PANIC AND DON'T INTERRUPT IT!

After the blue bar fills your device will reboot back into your normal ROM but you will be on the new bootloader and have TWRP installed

2. Next Step, please go to the Installing CROMi-X section.

Scenario Three

I'm upgrading from CROMi-X 4.x.

Steps

1. Congratulations. Jump directly to the Installing CROMi-X section.

INSTALLING CROMi-X
    If you followed the appropriate steps for your scenario above, you now have a compatible bootloader installed and a custom recovery such as TWRP.

Steps

1. Download the appropriate ROM package below and save to your internal or external SD Card. Do not unzip the file. Join the debate about which manner of packaging files is better (ODEX or DEODEX) or just use DEODEX since it allows for a bit more customization possibilities. ODEX may boot slightly faster but then again, it may only boot slightly faster the first time. Google ODEX vs DEODEX if you really want to understand.

DEODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 DEODEX Full Mirror 1

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 DEODEX Full Mirror 2

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 DEODEX Full Mirror 3

MD5 Sum: ead2750ffb5110ae022e971811a08151

ODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 ODEX Full Mirror 1

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 ODEX Full Mirror 2

CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 ODEX Full Mirror 3

MD5 Sum: 69451bc3bb546238520d9412b9c574ff

Browser Key on Keyboard fix DOWNLOAD

Click here!

If you want to back up a ROM2SD installation or flash a different ROM onto your micro SD then please see instructions here. Thanks _that!

ROM2SD Thread

2. Boot to recovery – Either choose Boot to Recovery from the Power Menu - Restart in CROMi-X or from a tablet power off hold the volume down button and press the power button. Once your see the flashing RCK icon, press volume up to select. If another icon is flashing use volume down to move between icons.

3. Using your recovery make a Nandroid Back up of your current setup

4. Select install and navigate to where you saved your ROM zip file.

5. Choose the CROMi-Xenogensis zip file and follow the on screen prompts to customize your installation.

6. Reboot and enjoy.

About Fsync

Explanation by _that:

About the Experimental Features

During the install some features are listed as EXPERIMENTAL. I have left them as an option so you can play and enjoy debugging :) Please let me know if you used the experimental features like Extreme Tweaks, Cache2SD, Overvolting, Undervolting. if you want a stable smooth experience flash _that's kernel, with fsync disabled and one of the normal WW or US editions.

If you are a speed freak and don't mind the odd bug go for hunds with experimental tweaks, software rendering disabled and GPU OC, CPU OV and GPU UV.

Cache2SD is very experimental and may cause other issues so I'll leave that one up to you :)

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars
    Care to support the development of this and future ROMS? Please click the Donate to Me button on the left side of the screen under my user name
    Add Ons

CROMi-X Add Ons

Kernel & Tweaks Installer - DOWNLOAD

Kernel & Tweaks Installer v5.2 - Updated Jan 06, 2014
    For those who want to switch Kernels quickly, enable data2sd, rom2sd, cache2sd, change DPI, change res, disable / enable fsync and other tweaks

Note for Data2SD and Rom2SD you must have the correct ext partitions on your external sd card. See instructions here

Kernels:

TF700T : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel by sbdags

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
    You will have 3 options for Kernel CPU Speeds, all with GPU at 650MHz:
    1518 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.5GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
    1315 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.5GHz
    1318 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.8GHz

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.10 Modded Kernel v3.4.4 BETA - Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF700T : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 Stock Kernel By sbdags

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.10 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v7 Rom2SD, Data2SD Compatible, Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v11 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF201 : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v3.3.2 - Data2SD Compatible, Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC2 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF201 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

Tweaks:

Data2sd enabling / disabling (only works with _that's and hunds kernels)

DPI Change

Resolution Change (TF700 Only : 1920 x 1200 or 1280 x 800)

Fsync Disabled / Enabled

GPU rendering or CPU software rendering

CPU Over-Volt by 50mV

CPU Under-Volt by 50mV

GPU Under-Volt (hunds only)

Cache2SD (Experimental)

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 1

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.2 Mirror 2

MD5: ae34db3e891f5b96c82a5f124ddf6dc8

==================================================================================================

Various Kernel Benchmarks

Right benchmarks with various kernel options:

All were taken on CROMi-X 5.1 Odex with default options at 240dpi unless otherwise stated (fsync off / on). I've used quadrant as most people understand the results - I know it's not the best and I did 3 tests each time and took the 3rd result.

Stock - fsync on - 5672
    36lLrlI.jpg

_that v4 - fsync off - 5981
    EZW240w.jpg

_that v4 - fsync on + data2sd - 5745
    19iv7fd.jpg

_thatv5 - fsync on - 6267
    QFhXhjl.jpg

_that v5 - fsync off - 6414
    OAZDezM.jpg

_that v5 - fsync on + data2sd - 6143
    OGbOUjA.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on - 6684
    hyiyFZL.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync off - 7245
    yWx7v7G.jpg

Hunds + ET - fsync on + data2sd - 6725
    Utll82Y.jpg

Hunds - fsync off - 6805
    Lul8QTl.jpg

Hunds - fsync on +data2sd - 6597
    TqPlv18.jpg

So data2sd doesn't really offer that much if you keep fsync on. It does feel faster when loading large games and files. The issue is it is a bit more unstable and easier to corrupt the data partition if you have fsync off. Same risk with normal data I suppose but less likely to corrupt due to less sponteneous reboots.

Is data2sd worth it? Only if you want to use your tablet whilst downloading large files or play store updates or you are prone to corruption with fsync off. Otherwise you can achieve at least the same speed with fsync off although with a risk to corrupt your data partition eventually.

==================================================================================================

Using GParted to setup a micro SD for ROM2SD support

First and foremost - DO NOT USE MINI TOOL!

Formatting a micro sd card for ROM2SD

We will be using a GParted Live boot USB and a FAST good quality micro sd like a Sandisk or Samsung Class 10 - SDHC/SDXC UHS-1 card with read speed of at least 20MB/S. If you have a cheap chinese eBay card don't bother - they are not good enough.

You will also need a USB Stick with at least 1GB size. Note this process formats the USB disk so don't keep any important files on it. It will also wipe your micro sd so make sure you are prepared.

1. Go to the link below and download the GParted Live CD/USB/HD/PXE Bootable Image and save it somewhere you remember
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php
    2. Download Linux Live USB Creator and install it
    http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

3. Fire up LiLi USB Creator:
    a. Choose your USB key - I,e, the drive letter for your USB (not sd card)
    b. Choose your GParted iso image for the source
    c. Choose the check box to Format Key in FAT32 and hide files
    d. Click the lightning bolt to create
    OZHOmQn.png

4. Now you have a bootable disk you need to boot from it. You may need to alter you BIOS Settings on your PC to boot from a USB Stick but mine did it without messing.
    5. Insert your micro SD card into an SD Card adapter and insert into PC
    6. Boot into GParted ;)
    3FFqWmn.png

7. Choose Gparted Live <Enter>
    8. Don’t touch keymap <Enter>
    9. Languge <Enter>
    10. Start Gparted Automatically
    11. Change device to your micro sd )it will default to you hard disk - hda– mine is /dev/sdc

gsiR9qR.png

12. Delete all existing partitions

For a 64GB card: (resize as needed but /system doesn't need to be bigger than 1GB)
    13. Create new, always select primary: do this 3 times.
    14. FAT 32 : Size 16GB – this will be /dev/sdc1 in gparted and will be your sdcard for storage in Android
    15. EXT4 : Size 42GB – this will be /dev/sdc2 in gparted and will be your /data partition in Android
    16. EXT4 : Size 1GB – this will be /dev/sdc3 in gparted and will be your /system partition in Android

eXFznzI.png

Apply, wait until it finishes and then reboot. Remember to remove the usb stick ;)

*Images stolen from elsewhere as I couldn’t get it to save mine :(

Now you are ready to install ROM2SD. Note if you want to use DATA2SD then only do 2 partitions 1x FAT32 and 1x larger EXT4

Then reinstall CROMi-X but this time choose the ROM2SD option (currently option 3 on the kernel page)

miniCROMi-X ROM - Lite version of CROMi-X with ROM2SD support

Now has it's own thread here ;)

CROMi-X Compatible Themes

pjc21’s Color Theme Mod

dan_joegibbsfan's DarkHorse Millennium Theme

Warhead_KAI's FlatDesignL Theme

TF701T Wallpapers

Extracted straight from the Asus Stock Rom and resized for our device. Extract to microsd and set wallpaper using gallery app :)

Download Mirror 1

Download Mirror 2

Download Mirror 3

VSa5Mnk.jpg

MpNL428.jpg

tbi94kl.jpg

s5woNJ4.jpg

J87X1sy.jpg

3sVW3Ab.jpg
    CROMi-X 5.2.4 Released!

Stealth Release - Happy New Year Everyone! :good: :laugh:

CHANGE LOG
    05/01/2014 CROMi-X v5.2.4 Full ROM
    o Fixed Adobe Flash Player so works with Amazon Prime. Now loaded to /data for compatibility
    o Updated Hosts file for adblocking option
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.9.0
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.5.2
    o Updated You Tube to version 5.3.28
    o Updated SuperUser and binary to version 1.86
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.12
    o Updated Google Play Store to version 4.5.10 for non TF700 users
    o Updated Gravity Box to version 2.8.5
    o Updated Hunds kernel to version 3.4.4 beta
    o Updated latest Lucius Tweaks for non ET versions. Thanks lucius.zen
    changed scheduler to SIO for Hunds based kernels and tcp congestion control to lp
    changed OV table values for CPU and GPU
    o Tweaked vm settings in init.d scripts to see if it eliminates some lag
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=22
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_background_ratio=4
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=3000
    o Moved UserDictionaryProvider back to /system/app to fix Thumb Keyboard issues - thanks meldrak
    o Updated libAppDataSearch.so and libgames_rtmp_jni.so in /system/lib to stop google play service redownloading. Thanks meldrak
    o Fixed Stock Browser with better compiled version - helps search bar consistency. Thanks meldrak
    o Replaced QuickSearch functionality with better version. Thanks meldrak
    o Recompiled the AsusReader.apk with Alice in Wonderland epub removed. :) Still creates a 0 byte stub :(
    o Updated cache2sd scripts to version 1.5. Thanks meldrak. Thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258050
    o Added Keyboard Dock remapping option to installer - LOCK key = DELETE and SEARCH key = LEFT ALT
    Cromi Control v1.0.2 Changelog 10-6-13:
    CROMI CONTROL:
    - Better kill option
    - Cromi control remembers settings on launch
    ROM FEATURES:
    - Dock browser button any browser
    - No safe media warning

****HOW TO UPDATE****

1. Download and place on sd card of choice.
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash update zip
    4. Wipe caches (cache/dalvik cache)
    5. Fix permissions
    6. Reboot, click thanks enjoy and give me more feature requests options :)

DOWNLOAD
    Kernel and Tweak Installer v5 released!

And you thought I was being idle! :D :angel:

CROMi-X Add Ons

Kernel & Tweaks Installer - DOWNLOAD

Kernel & Tweaks Installer v5.0 - Updated Sep 10, 2013
    For those who want to switch Kernels quickly, enable data2sd, cache2sd, change DPI, change res, disable / enable fsync and other tweaks

Note for Data2SD you must have an ext partition on your external sd card. See instructions here

Kernels:

TF700T : ASUS 10.6.1.27.1 Stock Kernel by sbdags

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Over Clocked Modded Stock Kernel v5 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
    You will have 3 options for Kernel CPU Speeds, all with GPU at 650MHz:
    1518 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.5GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
    1315 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.5GHz
    1318 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.8GHz

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.10 Modded Kernel v3.3.8 BETA - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF700T : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : ASUS 10.6.1.27.1 Stock Kernel By sbdags

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v11 - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF201 : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v1.0.1 - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC2 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF201 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

Tweaks:

Data2sd enabling / disabling (only works with _that's and hunds kernels)

DPI Change

Resolution Change (TF700 Only : 1920 x 1200 or 1280 x 800)

Fsync Disabled / Enabled

GPU rendering or CPU software rendering

CPU Over-Volt by 50mV

CPU Under-Volt by 50mV

GPU Under-Volt (hunds only)

Cache2SD (Experimental)

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.0 Mirror 1

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v5.0 Mirror 2

MD5: ef7a5c974498235ecbd192cc9ed30cc7