Or Continue to Thread: Android 4.4.x Kit Kat Discussi…
Find Your Device:
22nd November 2013, 08:33 AM   |  #1859  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Donate to Me
Please help

So I downloaded the 4.4 KRT16S from JWR66Y OTA update and installed it properly. I wiped the dalvik cache after and then it rebooted. After rebooting, used fastboot to sideload CWM recovery. I also installed SuperSU binaries after another reboot.

Now my problem is, when I click and hold the home button, Google Now does not appear. I am using Apex Launcher, and I also set a quick tap of the home button to shift it to the home screen. And it does not do that too. It seems that the home button is not working. It does glow and vibrate on tap when you click it though.

Another problem I have is that notification icons on the left side of the notification bar does not appear now. A new email icon should appear there whenever you get a new email, and also the current temperature. Now it does not. The WiFi and cellphone signal icons do appear on the right though. And when I pull down the notification bar, it is empty. That "settings" button on the notification bar pull down on the top right does not work either.

What did I do wrong?

I also tried installing the factory image without wipe but it still acts the same way.

Please help.