[ROM][ICS][All MDPI] Fluorescent Feather ROM_Luminosity 3 [12.09.2013][Both BL]

Search This thread

grailwt19i

Jun 2, 2013
Hi Guys.

My bootloader is currently locked. And I'm planning to unlock it and flash kappa 1.6

Is it ok if I do it while I'm on Fluorescent rom? or do I need to go back to stock ics .587
Do I need to do anything else before/after I unlock my bootloader?
I've read that unlocking bootloader will wipe /data partition, meaning i have to backup personal data before unlocking?

Sorry for the noobish questions. I just want to do it correctly and not mess anything up.

Thank you so much.

slim_thumb

Mar 19, 2011
the problem is with your baseband, you probably weren't in 587 with baseband 77 before flashing this rom, so flash stock 587 ftf then make a full wipe to install this rom again if you want everything fixed

Thanks for your tip. My phone came with 587 firmware but I dunno what baseband it had. Will check this weekend.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Hi Guys.

My bootloader is currently locked. And I'm planning to unlock it and flash kappa 1.6

Is it ok if I do it while I'm on Fluorescent rom? or do I need to go back to stock ics .587
Do I need to do anything else before/after I unlock my bootloader?
I've read that unlocking bootloader will wipe /data partition, meaning i have to backup personal data before unlocking?

Sorry for the noobish questions. I just want to do it correctly and not mess anything up.

Thank you so much.

I used the Flourescent ROM for about a week before flashing the Kappa kernel. No problem whatsoever.

Reactions: grailwt19i

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Wow, this ROM is great! It's easy and it's fast.

I only noticed one bug: when phone is connected to computer and I try to unlock the phone, sometimes there appear slide lock (I use pattern lock) and then phone freezes and the only way out is to pull battery out.

slim_thumb

Mar 19, 2011
Did you came from a locked bootloader before flashing kappa?

thanks.

My st15i came with 587 firmware. I first rooted it and installed CWM. Then I unlocked it by sending IMEI to Sony for unlock code. Then I installed Fluorescent ROM and ran it for a week. Then I installed Kappa kernel. OC to a modest 1.2 GHz so that battery does not suffer too much. No problem so far (apart from Google Play store problem - will look into this)

-----------------------

P.S. Wifi problem disappeared after I bought a new router. It has nothing to do with the ROM or kernel.

Last edited:

grailwt19i

Jun 2, 2013
Anyone who wants to get an transparent systemui bar, you can use Xposed Tweaked. Get the module here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350986

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

I have followed the instructions there on the link that you have given. I just installed the xposed installer and tweakbox. click on install/update then made changes to the tweakbox statusbar (but didn't change clock color). but after reboot, It doesn't change anything.

Was it working for you on this rom? (fluorescent)
Did you do anything else beside the instructions that came with the link that you have given?

Thanks

EDIT: Finally got it working. When I first installed it, Ive installed on sd card which is why it didnt work. Reinstalled on the phone then it work flawlessly. Thanks :)

Last edited:

grailwt19i

Jun 2, 2013
Hi guys!

I have made a new systemui to the likeness of the new Android kitkat.

ge5EG0Y.png

If you like it, you can get it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46910069&postcount=268

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: Saqib Nazm

wutzin

Feb 27, 2012
Bug report, missing features

Hi,

I just installed your ROM and I'm liking it so far (coming from MB66s CM 10.1 extended).

I think I found a few bugs:

-I cannot use the menu key while in the launcher (I chose the Xperia Z launcher in Aroma). There is simply no response at all. That means in order to change any system settings, I need to go to the launcher, then to the app drawer, then scroll to the settings app and launch it... There's no point in disabling the menu key in launcher as far as I can tell (it's not being used for anything else) - so it just makes the user's life unnecessarily complicated.

-I cannot long-press the menu key to show/hide the keyboard - and there seems to be no option to change that behavior.

-The ROM doesn't back up my system settings (like e.g. WLAN keys etc) to my google account like other ROMs do - if I check under settings/backup and restore, the target for the backup is not my google account, but merely the local "debug-only private cache".

-some games appear with a super-low resolution (for instance Great Boulder of Death). They start with normal resolution, then switch to some super-low resolution (like a quarter of the native resolution of my St15i). This hasn't happened on the CM10.1 edition (which offered faster gaming too). No idea what the problem is...

I have also a few suggestions for future versions:

-the notification entries are separated by some very "fat" lines - I think it would look much better if these lines were either removed altogether or much smaller

-include some screenshots of the offered Aroma options so ppl know better what variant suits them better.

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
Hi guys!
I have made a new systemui to the likeness of the new Android kitkat.
If you like it, you can get it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46910069&postcount=268
Enjoy! :)

That looks too good :cool:

Hi,
I just installed your ROM and I'm liking it so far (coming from MB66s CM 10.1 extended).
I think I found a few bugs:

-I cannot use the menu key while in the launcher (I chose the Xperia Z launcher in Aroma). There is simply no response at all. That means in order to change any system settings, I need to go to the launcher, then to the app drawer, then scroll to the settings app and launch it... There's no point in disabling the menu key in launcher as far as I can tell (it's not being used for anything else) - so it just makes the user's life unnecessarily complicated.

-I cannot long-press the menu key to show/hide the keyboard - and there seems to be no option to change that behavior.

-The ROM doesn't back up my system settings (like e.g. WLAN keys etc) to my google account like other ROMs do - if I check under settings/backup and restore, the target for the backup is not my google account, but merely the local "debug-only private cache".

-some games appear with a super-low resolution (for instance Great Boulder of Death). They start with normal resolution, then switch to some super-low resolution (like a quarter of the native resolution of my St15i). This hasn't happened on the CM10.1 edition (which offered faster gaming too). No idea what the problem is...

I have also a few suggestions for future versions:

-the notification entries are separated by some very "fat" lines - I think it would look much better if these lines were either removed altogether or much smaller

-include some screenshots of the offered Aroma options so ppl know better what variant suits them better.

thanks

- Z launcher has no option when pressing the option key. that's why it doesn't work there
- there is no option like that in stock to hide/show keyboard with menu key long press
- for the last two problems, flash stock ftf 587 then this rom. cause thos rom doesn't got any resolution problem. but as you came straight from cm 10.1 those problem are occuring

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
honest review

I've used the latest version of ROM for about two weeks and noticed some bugs (I hope they will be removed in next version, IF...)

1. After some time (sometimes longer, sometimes less) of using wifi, my router wifi gets stopped. I cant get to connect to wifi with my laptop, and I have to restart my router. This have never EVER happened with any ROM, so I am pretty much convinced this has something to do with the ROM.
  2. When Youtube is paused and left or pic in Quicpick is left in fullscreen and the screen gets locked, then screen shows slide lock and (since I use pattern lock) I cant unlock my phone and the only way out is, as you might guess, to pull battery out.
  3. This one is minor. There is white text in market search field is white, some framework need to be changed.
  4. Few times happened to me, that when I take my phone from the pocket and try to turn on screen nothing happens except soft buttons gets lighted up.

I REALLY like this ROM so I hope OP will make it bug-less.

MaurixMystic

Jun 15, 2012
Concepcion
I've used the latest version of ROM for about two weeks and noticed some bugs (I hope they will be removed in next version, IF...)

1. After some time (sometimes longer, sometimes less) of using wifi, my router wifi gets stopped. I cant get to connect to wifi with my laptop, and I have to restart my router. This have never EVER happened with any ROM, so I am pretty much convinced this has something to do with the ROM.
  2. When Youtube is paused and left or pic in Quicpick is left in fullscreen and the screen gets locked, then screen shows slide lock and (since I use pattern lock) I cant unlock my phone and the only way out is, as you might guess, to pull battery out.
  3. This one is minor. There is white text in market search field is white, some framework need to be changed.
  4. Few times happened to me, that when I take my phone from the pocket and try to turn on screen nothing happens except soft buttons gets lighted up.

why I happens in Real Ics rom, so use pin code to unlock the smarphone, I hope you find the solution to unlock pattern

grailwt19i

Jun 2, 2013

1. Does the phone still has wifi when the laptop cant get it? Routers tend to do that so you might wanna check, maybe it's your router that having problems. Try another router and see if it has that same problem.

Reason I'm asking is because I haven't encountered that bug.

MaurixMystic

Jun 15, 2012
Concepcion
excellent performance (bootloader locked)

this rom is genal, beautiful, and excellent performance, very good job, the best ics rom of all time

Fluorescent Feather + Seeder + Tweeaks Pim my Rom = maximum performance (gingerbread level xD)

In bootloader Locked

I imagine that having open bootloader must have a divine performance :p

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
1. Does the phone still has wifi when the laptop cant get it? Routers tend to do that so you might wanna check, maybe it's your router that having problems. Try another router and see if it has that same problem.

Reason I'm asking is because I haven't encountered that bug.
No, wifi does not work on phone either (wifi actually works, I can see another wifi available to connect). Anyway it doesn't matter whether laptop is connected or no, whether computer is connected through LAN or whether the one is the only device. I am pretty sure there is some reason in phone.
I'll try to check it with different kernel also.

grailwt19i

Jun 2, 2013
Hi Saqib, hi everyone.

I have just unlocked my bootloader and flashed kappa kernel 1.6. Im new to custom kernels so I'm asking if ever you might recommend me what CPU governor should I use and what is the min and max frequency that is safe for our devices?

Im kinda looking for a balance in stability, performance and battery life. Whichever works best for fluorescent rom.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Bitterballen

Oct 27, 2013
Bogor, My Old-Skool Home
Hi Saqib, hi everyone.

I have just unlocked my bootloader and flashed kappa kernel 1.6. Im new to custom kernels so I'm asking if ever you might recommend me what CPU governor should I use and what is the min and max frequency that is safe for our devices?

Im kinda looking for a balance in stability, performance and battery life. Whichever works best for fluorescent rom.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Head over to this website CPU Governors Explained

ÆzZ

Feb 27, 2012
mumbai
i dont knw what **** happened but last night i kept my phone for charging discharged in 1 hr and after that in morning m watching my phone its showing 100% battery then in evening its showing 100% battery at 11 pm i was playing game and it suddenly switched off directly showed 0 % :crying::crying:and got switched off i kept for charging and saw the phone after 2 min it showed 100 % battery i really don't know what problem is there but now m pissed off i changed kernel too but nothing help :mad::mad:

If any1 here can help or do have any suggestion plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About ROM

After Successfully developing & porting so many ROMS many respective members of this forum always requested to make a lite version of a ROM. But I always overlooked your request not to avoid your request guys, it is because I have to give you this surprise as a gift. And hence, Fluorescent Feather ICS ROM is Born. This ROM is completely based on stock ICS for our devices so no NXT/JB Libs or frameworks will be found here. It is highly themed to give the best look & some features of Xperia 2012 & 2013 were added later. Thus, makes this ROM a complete ROM with the stability & performance of original Stock ROM.

Features

• Completely based on Stock 4.1.B.0.587
    • Perfectly made for MPDI devices,no HDPI stuffs will be found in this ROM
    • Aroma based installer
    • For both unlocked & locked bootloader
    • 100% bloatware free ROM
    • Around 140 MB of free system partition after 1st boot
    • Init.d support for locked bootloader also
    • 100% Xloud working, no sound reduce problem
    • Download music info working for unlocked bootloader also
    • Great sound quality, if you don't feel the difference change your ears :)p I mean earphones)
    • NXT Lockscreen enable
    • Small Apps supported
    • Extended & advanced power menu with all options
    • Skip tracks via long press volume key
    • Kill App back button
    • 30-step volume for media
    • Beautiful white themed unique framework
    • GSM/WCDMA bug fixed
    • Notification LED perfectly working
    • Mobile Bravia Engine 2
    • Project Butter implemented
    • Great Gaming Performance
    • Very Fluidic UI
    • Die-hard battery life

aroma.png

Aroma Features: Aroma installer is beautifully themed by me & touch is also working perfectly. Though it is a lite ROM so not many things were included in Aroma. Here are the options for now-

• Device selection
    • Bootloader selection
    • Lockscreen options (Xperia Z or Xperia S)
    • Small Apps
    • Fonts
    • Xperia V/ Xperia Live's default Walkman
    • Semc Email
    • Google Talk & Gmail
    Hall of Credits

@neroyoung - for Helping me with so many Things
    @iONEx - for being their always for me
    @sadique_shiblee - for always helping me with editing pngs
    @Till-Kruspe - for the White Framework concept & Walkman
    @Ayush Singh - for being the Man
    @Aneel - for some i1 Stuffs & Banners
    @sandy7 - for his Awesome Guides
    @Pranav Pandey - for NXT Lockscreens
    @serajr - for SystemUI & GX Launcher
    @jerrytan93 - for Download Music Info Fix
    @Rizal Lovins - Cybershot Camera
    @totiadrenalin - for Project Butter
    @amarullz - for Aroma Installer
    @rahimali - for the Help & Motivation
    @ivica122 - for the Support He always provides
    @puppet13th - for init.d for Locked Bootloaders
    @trojan01 - for GSM/WCDMA bug fix

- I may have forgotten you, please remind me via PM

**Note to all respective members: If you want to include my framework in your ROM or make a ROM using Fluorescent Feather as base which will be used in contribution purpose then I really welcome you, but please do take permissions/let me know via PM & respect my decision**
    Instrcutions | Download Link

Intructions to Install

• You have to be in the same stock 4.1.B.0.587 before installing this ROM
    • If you are not in the same base then flash stock ftf of 4.1.B.0.587,can be found here
    • Copy Fluorescent Feather.zip to your SD card
    • Reboot into CWM (locked bootloader make sure you have rooted on 4.1.B.0.587 with CWM installed)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Go to Mounts & Storage
    • Format Data
    • Format Cache
    • Format System
    • Install zip from sd card
    • Choose your Bootloader, device & other options in Aroma
    • Reboot your device from CWM when Installation Finishes
    • 1st boot needs atleast 2 mins
    • When ROM boots up Finish setup wizard & give your phone full charge
    • Don't use your phone for 30 mins & the reboot device & enjoy
    * In setup wizard & in keyboard setup the radio buttons are over texts that is just a Small Glitch

Download LINK

Fluorescent Feather_Luminosity 3 ROM - Link

Notes to keep in Mind

• If you find camera is inverted then flash fix from Addon section
    • SystemUI has 15 toggles it may not show all the toggles after the 1st boot. Go to quick panel Settings & tick/untick the toggles you want them to be shown
    • If download music info doesn't get downloaded altogether, there's might be a corrupt music info in your list. So, download one by one.
    • Reboot your device once in a day to keep the performance better.
    • Before reporting about any bug or problem make sure you have followed proper steps.

Addons for Fluorescent Feather ROM

Camera Fix for Mini Pro - http://d-h.st/wmo
    Camera Fix for Mini - http://d-h.st/fV1
    Camera Fix for Active
    Facebook Integration - http://d-h.st/jft
    Xperia V Walkman - http://d-h.st/Zb1
    Colored SystemUI
    Help & Support

If you like my ROM & want to support then you can use this banner as your signature. Just copy this code & paste it in your signature.

HTML:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MeInE6W.jpg[/IMG]
    MeInE6W.jpg

If you really love my work then you can also buy me a cup of coffee to energize me to keep myself occupied with my work by donating some $ :fingers-crossed:

Donation Quote

Screenshots | Feedbacks | Changelog

Screenshots from Flourescent Feather ROM:

Initial Log from The Build

• JB V3 Adreno Drivers
    • Xperia S Tablet Keyboard + Stock for Mini Pro
    • Honami System Sounds
    • Honami Bootanimation
    • Xperia T ICS Small Apps
    • Playstore 4.1.10
    • NXT 2013/2012/Stock Font
    • Xperia GX Launcher
    • White Themed Tabbed SystemUI
    • Honami Default Theme
    • All in one APN-config
    • Quickpic as default Album
    • Es Explorer as default file browser
    • Advanced Settings with Location-based wifi,CPU Control & Quick Panel
    • Beautiful Collection of Wallpapers
    • NXT Semc Clock
    • NXT Calculator
    • Xperia V Walkman with Clear Bass
    • Xperia V Phonebook
    • Location-based wifi from Xperia SP

Changelog from Luminosity

• Made the ROM Lighter (Now only 213 MB zip)
    • Fixed Google Play Services Problem
    • Fixed Google Talk Force Close
    • Added Xperia Live Walkman's Default Walkman in Aroma
    • Added Cybershot as Default Camera
    • Updated Es File Explorer
    • Added X-Booster to free up RAM
    • Fixed Status 0 error in installation finish (touch Aroma not working)

Changelog from Luminosity 3

Click Here

**Note- You may find that this ROM lacks in feature in terms of Apps, I didn't include many features because the main purpose of this ROM is keeping it lite but in a way so that it can be used as a daily driver. So please think before you suggest me something to be added whether it will make the ROM heavier or you can simply add it later from various threads**

User Feedbacks about the ROM

* ivica122 - This rom is fantastic! Couple of days ago i said i'm sticking with Revolution 8 cause is very good and stable rom, and very good looking, but this looks almost as good, and performances are way better! So, now i must say it again - i'm sticking with this rom
    * officiallysonyrebel - If anyone say It Lag's I would definitely say LOL
    * Dammer Martins - Nice ROM,very smooth and xLoud works perfectly
    * sykes133 - you rock! bro good work is very smooth! i'm so happy
    * rahimali - Thank you for this! Awetastic ROM (awesome+fantastic) super lightweight, got all the features you might need on a daily basis, great battery life and super performance! All in all, a keeper!
    * iONEx - I think this ROM should stay as is. Barebones and fast. No extra features
    * kast - Saqib, there's one exam you passed since a long time: best ROMs around! I'm really liking this rom, a lot. So, hope all the best for your exam and I'm pretty sure your next update will rock! Getting pretty good battery life with SmartassH3 and Row. Quite pleased with the results.
    * davidben73 - hey saqib.first, I want to say that this rom is EXCELLENT. I like the performance in my LWW. It's like a brand new phone
    * prototype1 - ROM is very great smooth and stable Thanks for good work
    * Jonas38 - To me this rom is absolute perfection! This rom is exactly what many users have been asking and waiting for a looong time now
    Fluorescent Feather_Luminosity 3

Download Link

Dev Host
    Google Drive

Enjoy & please leave feedback :highfive:
    Fluorescent Feather_Luminosity 3

So after almost 2 months I am bringing an update to this Rom. This update has fixed every issues that the earlier build has got. So I hope this release will be the perfect one. Here is the chagelog from new release---

- Based on Latest Aroma wit 100% working touch
    - Disable Data Traffic Notification
    - Added JB 4.2.2 Small Apps (optional)
    - Updated Gmail & Playstore
    - Updated ES Explorer,xBooster & Quickpic
    - Task Manager with Close All Button
    - Fixed Framework Text Color in Some Places
    - Added Sim Tool Kit in Aroma
    - Added Xperia Z Launcher in Aroma
    - Disabled Signature Verification
    - Fixed Password Lock Security
    - Fixed PIN Lock Security