Galaxy SII GT-I9100 G Q&A

Search This thread

sifat004

Apr 10, 2011
my s2 bricked...pls help

Dear all my phone is not entering download mode, not entering recovery..when attaching usb cable to pc then it shows yellow triangle with galaxy s2 logo...

Nothing is working..plz help

saurabhsaurabhrai

Apr 4, 2013
You have GT-I9100 G
If yes then pick ROM and kernel for same device
Then flash it
In 9100G section you will find everything for your device

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Yes Sir....I have GT-I9100 G.....I have downloaded this I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF (JB) ROM....I didn't find any kernel(s)....Am I good to go...??

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Thanks. That's exactly what I meant. Be sure that the ROM is for your device. Because many break their phone by flashing ROM for i9100 on i9100g or vice versa. If you're sure everything is ok then fire up Odin load the ROM as PDA. Hold your breath, cross your fingers and pray when clicking on ok. You will never forget this feeling even though everything will be allright ;)
Welcome to the flash addicts :D

Sent from my GT-i9100G using xda app-developers app

Yes Sir....I have GT-I9100 G.....I have downloaded this I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF (JB) ROM....I didn't find any kernel(s)....Am I good to go...?? :fingers-crossed:

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
Yes Sir....I have GT-I9100 G.....I have downloaded this I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF (JB) ROM....I didn't find any kernel(s)....Am I good to go...?? :fingers-crossed:

So you downloaded I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF.zip? If yes, then check if md5sum is ok. It should be 06b5fcaacc05472b674eea8de16953f7 from what I read. You can check with md5sum tool under linux or get this http://www.winmd5.com/ for Windows.

If checksum is ok then you can proceed to unpack the zip file. Do not use the zip file itself with Odin! The extracted files should have .tar or .tar.md5 extension. This is what goes into Odin. If it contains just one file then you just load this as PDA. More information with screenshots here: http://www.samsungupdate.com/android-how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin

Hope this answers all your questions. If not feel free to ask again.

Reactions: saurabhsaurabhrai

saurabhsaurabhrai

Apr 4, 2013
So you downloaded I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF.zip? If yes, then check if md5sum is ok. It should be 06b5fcaacc05472b674eea8de16953f7 from what I read. You can check with md5sum tool under linux or get this http://www.winmd5.com/ for Windows.

If checksum is ok then you can proceed to unpack the zip file. Do not use the zip file itself with Odin! The extracted files should have .tar or .tar.md5 extension. This is what goes into Odin. If it contains just one file then you just load this as PDA. More information with screenshots here: http://www.samsungupdate.com/android-how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin

Hope this answers all your questions. If not feel free to ask again.

After unzipping i have two file inside the folder...[ I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF ]

1. I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXXLSP_I9100GXEFLSR_HOME.tar.md5
2. SS_DL.dll

What to do with SS_DL.dll file..???

darkluna

Sep 19, 2012
OMNI City
After unzipping i have two file inside the folder...[ I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF ]

1. I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXXLSP_I9100GXEFLSR_HOME.tar.md5
2. SS_DL.dll

What to do with SS_DL.dll file..???

Nothing! Use the tar.md5, flash it via Odin. Make sure u tick use debugged in the developer option. On Odin only the auto reboot and F. reset time are tick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

saurabhsaurabhrai

Apr 4, 2013
Nothing! Use the tar.md5, flash it via Odin. Make sure u tick use debugged in the developer option. On Odin only the auto reboot and F. reset time are tick.

I have checked 'I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF.zip' file in md5sum tool giving value 06b5fcaacc05472b674eea8de16953f7 which is promming enough to let go on flashing/Upgrading...What is the next thing i'll have to do if i want CM 10.2/CM11 ROM....?
Also there is any other custom ROM you can suggest with a lot of free RAM and nice feature...???

darkluna

Sep 19, 2012
OMNI City
I have checked 'I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF.zip' file in md5sum tool giving value 06b5fcaacc05472b674eea8de16953f7 which is promming enough to let go on flashing/Upgrading...What is the next thing i'll have to do if i want CM 10.2/CM11 ROM....?
Also there is any other custom ROM you can suggest with a lot of free RAM and nice feature...???

You need to flash CWM via Odin also. You can get the CWM tar file from the OP of Cm 10.2 gt-i9100g or you can just Google it.
After you have a custom recovery you are ready to flash any custom rom available to your device. Just read the OP first before flashing. OP contains all the instructions on how to flash the rom.

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
When having cwm available I would suggest http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368869 Nice and smooth.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Dear all my phone is not entering download mode, not entering recovery..when attaching usb cable to pc then it shows yellow triangle with galaxy s2 logo...

Nothing is working..plz help
What Phone do you have and what ROM did you flash. I suspect You have I9100G and flashed a ROM for I9100 or maybe the other way round. Am I right?
If so the get the right ROM file and try this.
Hope this helps. If not feel free to ask again.
Edit: Found this and it seems a better guide. So try it first...

Last edited:

yu133

May 6, 2012
What did you done previously? Did you flash any custom rom?
If your odin able to detect your phone try flash any kernel and see whether it can reboot or not.

saurabhsaurabhrai

Apr 4, 2013
When having cwm available I would suggest http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368869 Nice and smooth.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

What Phone do you have and what ROM did you flash. I suspect You have I9100G and flashed a ROM for I9100 or maybe the other way round. Am I right?
If so the get the right ROM file and try this.
Hope this helps. If not feel free to ask again.
Edit: Found this and it seems a better guide. So try it first...
1st thing I'll do is that I'll update my phone on official/Stock JB.....Then how will I install that ROM you suggested sir......???

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
1st thing I'll do is that I'll update my phone on official/Stock JB.....Then how will I install that ROM you suggested sir......???

See quote below. After that go to thread and follow instructions there. But better do one step after another. First get your stock JB on. After that works you can try the next steps. Otherwise I would start quoting whole xda site :rolleyes:;)
You need to flash CWM via Odin also. You can get the CWM tar file from the OP of Cm 10.2 gt-i9100g or you can just Google it.
After you have a custom recovery you are ready to flash any custom rom available to your device. Just read the OP first before flashing. OP contains all the instructions on how to flash the rom.

Reactions: saurabhsaurabhrai

saurabhsaurabhrai

Apr 4, 2013
See quote below. After that go to thread and follow instructions there. But better do one step after another. First get your stock JB on. After that works you can try the next steps. Otherwise I would start quoting whole xda site :rolleyes:;)

Sir...I have updated my phone to stock JB 4.1.2...Now i need to install a custom recovery and Root my phone...How can i do this...???

phuongduy

Sep 6, 2009
Hi all,
Please suggest for me a rom for best stable and baterry life.
I just use the phone for general purpose and some small games.
Thanks!

Quality0528

Aug 24, 2012
Hong Kong
Do you know which baseband should I use? I am in HK now. I am using ZCLSG, a newer version of this series, ZCLSJ, has been released. Where could I find a flashable zip? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bigheart90

Dec 8, 2012
I experience a real bad behavior concerning memory consumption. Even with only 2 or 3 apps open the apps in the background get closed because there's not enough free memory. So this means apps have to reinitialize everytime I switch between them. This is a major impact on speed and usability.
What to do plz i need help?
Am on pacman room
Blazing kernal v16

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post all your general Q/A Here Dont spam the thread ;)
    Please Help,
    I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
    Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
    What is the solution?:(

have you flashed any rom??
    Actually if you used the app by Chainfire, it does report our chipset as faulty...but so far none bricked their phones because of this...and since codeworkx already disabled MMC cap erase in his CWM kernel (other devs did the same), so it is perfectly safe to factory reset using those kernels...but it is different for temporary CWM as the source is unknown...better to use permanent CWM...:)
    Sup guys
    Recently purchased galaxy s2 i9100g upgraded to jb n I have rooted it.
    No I just wanted to know which custom rom should I use n noob guide plz :)
    Fast n stable.
    Thanks in advance

xda rocks :p

Hey. It's really a matter of choice which ROM. You decide to go with. I can't tell you which would be the best for you, but I can tell you which ones I like.

First of all there is MIUI v5 android 4.1. It's polished and beautiful. And is based on stock samsung ROM. It's quite good but, in my experience' unfortunately less responsive than android 4.2 ROMs.

Secondly there is Cyanogenmod. it is Rock stable and very fast. Most of the other ROMs are either based on this ROM or at least use a part of it. It has the most number of users globally.

And finally there is PAC (parandroid - AOKP - Cyanogenmod). It's a mash up of all the best ROMs. It's fast and filled with more features than you can figure out in a day.

My opinion, keep things simple for the first time you flash aROM. Go with cyanogenmod. But don't install the new 4.3 ROMs. They are mostly in beta stages right now.

There are a lot more ROMs that i haven't tried. And these three are the ones i like.

Noob guide:
    1. Download the ROM u want.
    2. DOWNLOAD the Gapps (Google Apps)
    Put them into the sd cart of your phone.
    3. Turn your phone off.
    4. Boot into recovery mode.( hold volume up + home button and then power button for some seconds and then release)
    5. Take a back up (optional)
    6. Factory reset
    7 wipe cache
    8 go to advanced - wipe dalvik cache
    9 install zip from sd card - choose zip (it goes into a file system mod where you can see your files and find the zip you want to install)
    10 INstall the ROM
    11 install Gapps
    12 factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache
    13 reboot phone

Usually the first booting takes a little bit more time. Wait for it.

Note:
    First, make sure to read the installing instructions for each ROM at the first of the ROM thread. Read as many pages of the thread as you can to find everything you want to know.

P.s: there are hundreds of better guides on line. Next time you need something just simply google it. It's probably already out there. And remember, rom choosing is highly personal. So try the Rom, don't ask questions about it.

Good luck
    how can i open the lcd-menu?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

*#0*# for lcd menu ;-)