Who will be jumping off the nexus bandwagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dicecuber

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver
I will. Anyone else? In a couple months can't wait!

The overall specifications of the Galaxy S5 are: a 64-bit Exynos or a Snapdragon processor, it will pack 3 GB of RAM, a 16 MP camera, a 4,000 mAh battery, and it will run on Android 4.4 Kitkat.
This source claims that there will be a “Premium” model sporting a metal case, and a flexible OLED and one “normal” version sporting a normal OLED and a plastic chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Samsung would need to do a lot more than that for me even to consider going back to them. Any closed-source exynos based device is off my radar immediately after the experience of my s3. Nah, even if the specs don't agree, nexus is a much better device for me.

Besides, any performance benefits of hardware are immediately lost when dropping touchwiz on a device.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
When it comes to android I don't even consider anything other than a nexus as an option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: k0lega

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
after what theyre pulling with knox im never going back. sold my s4 to get the n5 and i love it in every way. the camera might only be 8mp but im able to take pics that are on par with the s4, some even better with OIS.
and i heard that the s5 is going to be unibody, which to my understanding means no removable battery. (may be wrong)
Yes technically the nexus 5 also doesnt have a removeable battery, but its so easy to take it apart without any real tools that i consider the battery to be removeable.

Though im not saying im going to stay with nexus. LG looks promising and so does sony. so my next phone may be from one of them if they are able to wow me and they are lax with rooting n such.

Reactions: maxpower7 and bblzd

Lawlbringer

Dec 2, 2012
I can't do AMOLED screens. They strain my eyes like the crappy screens Apple is starting to use in their new products. Even with glasses, I get a dull headache after about 15 minutes.

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
well i was with htc for a while.. evo 4g.. evo 3d.. evo 4g LTE.. then i traded my evo lte for the S3.. then got the S4 when it dropped.. got bored with the S4 then traded my S4 for the HTC ONE.. didnt like the HTC ONE much besides the speakers.. so i sold the HTC ONE and got another S4.. Never liked stock android on any of them devices.. then i heard the N5 was coming out figured i would give Nexus a try.. so i orderd my N5 oct 31 from the play store.. got it a few days later.. and i have to say that i LOVE my N5 more then any phone.. wish i would have went with Nexus years ago.. now i love stock android.. so smooth/fast.. and i love flashing rom/kernels so the nexus is perfect for me.. so much development.. I would Never get another phone.. thats why i pray google dont do away with Nexus anytime soon.. i just got here and i love it!!:good: if i didnt like this Nexus so much i would prob get the S5.. cause notes are to big in my eyes and im so done with HTC taking 6 months to release kernel source.. Nexus FTW

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California
Personally, I don't see myself buying another Non-Nexus device ever again (unless they stop making them). I've played with the HTC One, S4, and IP5s quite a bit (friends' devices) and wouldn't consider trading my N5 for any of those. I love vanilla Android and staying off of a cellular contract is nice as well.

third son

May 1, 2011
Kzoo
Time for a change

Personally, I don't see myself buying another Non-Nexus device ever again (unless they stop making them). I've played with the HTC One, S4, and IP5s quite a bit (friends' devices) and wouldn't consider trading my N5 for any of those. I love vanilla Android and staying off of a cellular contract is nice as well.

I am considering going to the N5 since my Sprint contract is up tomorrow. I currently have the Epic 4G touch....4G...yeah right....I would love to get a phone that actually has 4G service.......

Mozziliac

Mar 15, 2013
I will. Anyone else? In a couple months can't wait!

The overall specifications of the Galaxy S5 are: a 64-bit Exynos or a Snapdragon processor, it will pack 3 GB of RAM, a 16 MP camera, a 4,000 mAh battery, and it will run on Android 4.4 Kitkat.

Sent from **Nexus 5 sucks**

You're comparing a phone thats standardly $350-400 Unlocked to a premium phone that would well be over $800.
My nexus is going to stick with me for a few years.
I'll be laughing becuase you'll be stuck on a contract/tab, and i've already payed out my phone.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I'm the kind of guy who has absolutely ZERO brand loyalty. I don't care who makes it, if it's cool I'll likely buy it. I have a MacBook Pro, Surface Pro, iPad Mini, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Moto X, and I've had a couple iPhones. I'm also a Ford truck guy but currently drive a Dodge Challenger. The point I'm trying to make is whatever the next great smartphone is, regardless of brand or manufacturer, I WILL buy it. So that means I am going to have the HTC One + or whatever it will be called, I'll also likely get the GS5 as long as there's a metal one like the rumors state. The Nexus 5 has been great to me, but it's just a phone. I get that it's a Nexus and everyone here are Nexus die hards, but there is nothing about it that screams "these are the only phones I will ever buy from this point forward." That said, I will also likely buy the Nexus 6, so long as it's cool. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: aooga

mortenmhp

Jul 23, 2008
Hedensted
64 bit processor is CRAP marketing that apple pushed and as everything apple does, Samsung will as well. The different is hardly measurable.

More than 2 GB on a phone is waste in my opinion, I never get much past 1gb anyway.

4000 mah battery is just CRAP except if the device is as huge as the note, it is not like Samsung invented some new super dense battery.

Not much of an upgrade apart from camera.

MOD EDIT: Profanity replaced...please read rule 2.1

Last edited by a moderator:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'm the kind of guy who has absolutely ZERO brand loyalty. I don't care who makes it, if it's cool I'll likely buy it. I have a MacBook Pro, Surface Pro, iPad Mini, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Moto X, and I've had a couple iPhones. I'm also a Ford truck guy but currently drive a Dodge Challenger. The point I'm trying to make is whatever the next great smartphone is, regardless of brand or manufacturer, I WILL buy it. So that means I am going to have the HTC One + or whatever it will be called, I'll also likely get the GS5 as long as there's a metal one like the rumors state. The Nexus 5 has been great to me, but it's just a phone. I get that it's a Nexus and everyone here are Nexus die hards, but there is nothing about it that screams "these are the only phones I will ever buy from this point forward." That said, I will also likely buy the Nexus 6, so long as it's cool. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah I'm like this too, it's just that I don't have that kind of money to keep buying every phone that comes out ;)

I have all 3 major ecosystems, and I really don't care which one I use. They all work great for certain things, and not so great for others.

mlcgruhlke

Dec 11, 2011
Post Falls
No way I'll ever use Samsung phones again; bloatware, ridiculous software add-ons, flimsy designs, gimmicks, touch wiz and way too expensive. I'll stick with nexus until it isn't around anymore and go with anything BUT Samsung... overrated and overpriced. BTW I owned several Samsung's including the S4 and returned them all...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung would need to do a lot more than that for me even to consider going back to them. Any closed-source exynos based device is off my radar immediately after the experience of my s3. Nah, even if the specs don't agree, nexus is a much better device for me.

Besides, any performance benefits of hardware are immediately lost when dropping touchwiz on a device.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
    It's a shame to be stuck with a phone you do not like.
    It's a even worse travesty that we have to be stuck with you until you get a new phone.
    You should be removed from forum imo, having a nexus is one thing, but it is not a guarantee that we should have to tolerate you here.

WR

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Plainly said. This is a developers forum and I have allowed this long enough.

Bat cave One
    So one more month until we don't see dicecuber on the nexus 5 forums anymore? I am not sad.

Sent from The Deathstar
    I have left the Nexus line before and keep coming back - I'm pretty certain I'm gonna stick with the N5 until the next Nexus is launched