Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Just completed the 4.3 download, been playing around in the new environment for about an hour now. Running stock 4.3 on my TMOS Note II. Let me state first that I'm a novice to the Android environment, the Note II being my first Android phone. Nonetheless, my initial impressions are:
1. Webpages are loading a lot faster now; not sure if due to cache, quicker LTE, or what.
2. Applications also appear to be loading a bit faster.
3. I like the slightly different presentation of the Notification Bar at the top of the page.
4. Under my Task Manager, there's a new option in the toolbar called "Clear default / Launch by default" which apparently let's you designate and control which default apps to use when performing certain actions (eg. when making a phone call, you can establish the standard Phone app to do so, versus, say, Skype; or the standard Internet browser versus Chrome).
1. According to my Task Manager app, SOMETHING or things are now taking up a bigger chunk of my onboard System Storage. System storage usage went from around 2.5 to 3GB to 7.10GB (out of 16.00GB). When I checked with File Manager, I noticed under /storage a new folder called "emulated", with two subfolders called "/storage/emulated/0" and "/storage/emulated/legacy" that appear to be some type of backups of my previous Android environment.
2. Android 4.3 appears to be taking about 250MB more RAM space on my Note II, as compared to the previous version
What are other people out there experiencing?
Last edited by Asquared; 9th December 2013 at 06:36 PM.