Default Sensation 4g stuck in 2g

I have a HTC Sensation 4g that i got and repaired and switched over to it from my inspire 4g. My inspire would hit 3g great where i am and beyond it at times. So i thought the Sensation 4g would be the same but so far all it will do is 2g for some reason. Have checked APN, making sure WCDMA preferred is set and nothing still 2g but can take my sim stick back in the inspire and bam 3g and more....Not really sure what is going on here...Have searched alot but have not found any real answers yet and hoping perhaps somebody here might know something...So far i have learned a great deal about the android system from here and hoping there is something that can be done. Really like the sensation so far except for the fact its only got a 2g connection...Thought it could be the sim card but then it would not work in my inspire then, so that is ruled out....also went as far as trying different roms thinking maybe different firmware maybe, but nope nothing so far at all. It is rooted and S-off if that matters. Currently has 3.32 firmware and unlocked. Currently running Revalation. If anymore information is needed let me know.....