[Q] Defy Jellybean 4.3 + Bluetooth Headset

Search This thread

90Ninety

Dec 14, 2013
Hey guys

How brilliant it was to update my laggy gingerbread Defy +, to 4.3 JB (CM10) i=.It was a massive breath of fresh air, phone seemed amazing until ... I found out the hard way that Bluetooth headsets didn't work correctly - I was absolutely heartbroken , while my manager's speech was reduced to mere fuzz as I was driving to work .

In the UK it is a legal requirement to have a Bluetooth headset or receiver if driving , the current job requires use of phone and van so keeping the 4.3 rom was illogical

What is the chances there will be a fix for the handset in newer roms , or should I cut my losses and just wait for a better smart/toughphone with jelly pre-installed?

Your thoughts

Reactions: Proverbs2

Proverbs2

Feb 1, 2012
Hey guys

How brilliant it was to update my laggy gingerbread Defy +, to 4.3 JB (CM10) i=.It was a massive breath of fresh air, phone seemed amazing until ... I found out the hard way that Bluetooth headsets didn't work correctly - I was absolutely heartbroken , while my manager's speech was reduced to mere fuzz as I was driving to work .

In the UK it is a legal requirement to have a Bluetooth headset or receiver if driving , the current job requires use of phone and van so keeping the 4.3 rom was illogical

What is the chances there will be a fix for the handset in newer roms , or should I cut my losses and just wait for a better smart/toughphone with jelly pre-installed?

Your thoughts

Bluetooth works on CM10 (not on CM10.1 or CM10.2), so you could switch to that for now, while we wait for it to be fixed in the newer roms.

Hang on to that Defy! If you thought JB 4.3 was amazing, wait until you try KitKat!

90Ninety

Dec 14, 2013
4.3 on-words BT compatibility

Bluetooth works on CM10 (not on CM10.1 or CM10.2), so you could switch to that for now, while we wait for it to be fixed in the newer roms.

Hang on to that Defy! If you thought JB 4.3 was amazing, wait until you try KitKat!

I tried CM10 and CM9 , various builds and found them buggy for whatever reason . 4.3 seemed fine apart from BT , So reverted back to 2.3.6 GB

Does the community feel confident a fix for the BT will come around ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys

Your thoughts