HTC One X Now with Android 4.4 KitKat

Search This thread

parkentosh

Feb 18, 2012
Tartu
I think we can all agree on that's not the solution.

Better spend energy in hacking new rom :)

I know. I just don't understand the logic behind not releasing source. It's not like they can keep it closed source. Close competitors like Sony and Samsung release kernel source at OTA time or sometimes even before.

I've been a fan of HTC since WinMo days but I guess my next phone will be from Sony or Motorola...

nikola016

Apr 4, 2013
www.cardoorlight.com
Haha ok man as you can see im now importing the cm11 files :)
2rw3xpf.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Atleast I am trying to make it work for you guys!

Newermind, i just don't want from you to do the same thing as you did on Sensation forum...

anks257

Sep 16, 2012
Thane
HTC one dev edition and unlocked version in US receiving 4.2.2 and sense 5 from tomorrow. So I think HTC is taking updates seriously :)
Can practically hope for an update for HOX now :)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Well the dev edition got kitkat but the normal one got sense 5.5 with 4.3. 4.4 for it will be released in late january. But keep in mind a new phone is being developed which will replace the one and delay the updates even more then for kitkat

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 4

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Shame did you have any luck yesterday with the kernel source not pestering honest just interested as your the only person so far to say that they'll have a go at it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

dodjob

Jan 25, 2008
Maxhütte-Haidhof
Wrong...it's still alive... We will get 4.4 with cm11 and aosp..

gesendet von meinem HTC One X via Tapatalk

Hi there,
Just wanted to know as I have seen that the source for 4.2.2 have been released if it somehow would mean that we will see a real camera (with burst/hdr) on CM or any other non sense ROM in the future (sorry for the n00b question though)

kbal

Jun 28, 2011
Devs abandoned a shinking ship named One X :(

I don't have much hopes. Too late HTC.

kbal

Jun 28, 2011
Whining, yes. But it is true that HTC does not like us. Even my old i9000 has 4.4.
Won´t be getting HTC phones anymore.
For me personally, modding, tweaking, personalising... is part of the why I bought this. Otherweise I´d just get an Xbox/PS and an Iphone.

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
Whining, yes. But it is true that HTC does not like us. Even my old i9000 has 4.4.
Won´t be getting HTC phones anymore.
For me personally, modding, tweaking, personalising... is part of the why I bought this. Otherweise I´d just get an Xbox/PS and an Iphone.

well htc has already released the kernel source, now we're just need to wait for the new custom rom to be released
sure your i9000 is getting 4.4, but it is a custom rom one, so we can't really blame the manufacturer for that
at least if the manufacturer has released the kernel source right now and you just need to stay still waiting for the new rom to be cooked

so, why don't just stop whining about that ?
by means the current developers are leaving us doesn't mean hox is dead, the new developers gonna replace the old developers and so you will get a new things

Last edited:
Reactions: cutmylifein2

Forrestyilin

Jul 16, 2013
Singapore
well htc has already released the kernel source, now we're just need to wait for the new custom rom to be released
sure your i9000 is getting 4.4, but it is a custom rom one, so we can't really blame the manufacturer for that
at least if the manufacturer has released the kernel source right now and you just need to stay still waiting for the new rom to be cooked

so, why don't just stop whining about that ?
by means the current developers are leaving us doesn't mean hox is dead, the new developers gonna replace the old developers and so you will get a new things
i hope so...

adroid671

Dec 23, 2013
It's been more than a month that Kit Kat's been out, and so far there's been nothing. I've heard that a new source would help, but honestly, even without it, an older source would have worked fine. There are other devices that have KitKat using older kernel sources. By the looks of it, there are no more dedicated only to the One X AOSP devs.

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
It's been more than a month that Kit Kat's been out, and so far there's been nothing. I've heard that a new source would help, but honestly, even without it, an older source would have worked fine. There are other devices that have KitKat using older kernel sources. By the looks of it, there are no more dedicated only to the One X AOSP devs.

They want at first fully stable 4.3 ROMs..then kitkat will come! They are also already working on it...so just be patient

Gesendet von meinem EndeavorU mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Hawkw1nd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this thread is full of useless and whiny post, you should go out fishing so as to learn the meaning of patience..
    Yeah, you posted photo with broken Sensation, but you COULD give some source code, and you DIDN'T so you wanna fool around people here like you did with Sensation owners ?

Haha ok man as you can see im now importing the cm11 files :)
    2rw3xpf.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Atleast I am trying to make it work for you guys!
    Today I read: HTC One X Now with Android 4.4 KitKat and this.

Unfortunately I have no more htc one x to try, but still send news for those who want to try :)
    it's not for hox if you would click on the download link to see the zip...it's for hox+ ...
    Or just port from HTC One X+

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I dont am not saying it is going to work etc. But im trying to make kitkat from the AOSP 4.4_r1.2

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ha ha, like you made one for sensation?
    After mods closed all your threads until you prove that you really work on 4.4 (to leave your git link) you left that forum, so please go somewhere else and repeat it again, but not here!!!