[ROM][4.4.2]UNOFFICIAL OmniROM Dec-24-2013
UNOFFICIAL OmniROM for KindleFire2
Originally Posted by OmniROM
The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.
Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap. What’s the point in giving you a ROM, and forcing you to not tell us about any bugs you find?
We also recognise how people use Custom ROMs – we’re all custom ROM users and developers ourselves – the argument that “nightlies are not for end users” is over-used, and no longer valid. We’ve found that the vast majority of users want to get nightly updates to their ROM. For that reason, nightlies aren’t a playground – nightlies are for new features that are finished. You should be able to expect the same stability and reliability from a nightly as you would from a “release” ROM, and can report any bugs that prevent this from happening.
We know not everyone wants to update their ROM daily, and you are free to update as frequently or infrequently as you like. Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.
I am in no way part of OmniROM thus take no credit for their source code.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices.
* Please do some research if you have any
* concerns about features included in this ROM
* BEFORE FLASHING IT!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
I have just compiled from their source for the KindleFire2
**Working on that**
You must have second bootloader & TWRP 126.96.36.199 or this ain't gonna work
- Download latest release
- Download GAPPS (I don't recommend the PA-GAPPS they don't work well for some strange reason)
- Wipe data/cache
- Flash ROM
- Flash GAPPS
- Wipe cache/dalvic
- You may need to format data for ROM to boot.
- **By formatting you will delete TWRP backups. So backup your media because you will loose it.
- No screenshots as of yet "couldn't capture screenshot. storage may be in use." error.
- You will loose Root go here (chainfire's SuperSU) for flashable zip.
- For their source
- Without him this ROM wouldn't be possible
~If I forgot you please let me know!
Phone: LG G2X - CM 7.2 - Man I need to get a new phone
Tablet: KF2 - UNOFFICIAL Carbon 4.4.2 for KindleFire2