Plug Note 3 is "not supported" by Kies 3

EDIT: At this point, I'm just trying to flash official firmware via ODIN but every attempt is ending with ODIN: Invalid ext4 image on various firmwares and via various USB ports

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a Galaxy Note 3 which I soon realized was a parallel import and so I decided to flash firmware from my country with Odin. It failed (I soon realized I had forgotten to enable USB debugging) and my phone currently displays "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I have tried reinstalling Kies, different USB ports (USB 2.0 & 3.0) after turning off USB 3.0 charging too, reseating the battery etc but each time, Kies tells me "The connected device is not supported by Kies 3. Check which devices are supported and try again." except Kies 3 is what the Note 3 uses...

Reinstalling the driver as well doesn't appear to do anything either. The Note 3 shows up in device manager as SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem so it's detected but I can't exactly say if that is correct?

Anyway, any help is appreciated! I'll see when Samsung's contact centre is open next being Christmas and all and since I was only flashing official firmware, my Knox counter is still at 0x0 so my warranty is still in place should the need to use it arise.