[Root] Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.1.0 [CLOSING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thejvicari

Jun 21, 2012
I have been all over the internet to try and figure this out, and continue to come up short. I have a KFHD 7 running 11.3.1. I can not get it to connect to adb at all. I've downloaded the kindle fire hd adb drivers and they won't install properly. My computer only recognizes it as a Kindle. Nothing more. I feel like I've tried everything...... can anyone help?

Chevalierr

Dec 25, 2013
I have been all over the internet to try and figure this out, and continue to come up short. I have a KFHD 7 running 11.3.1. I can not get it to connect to adb at all. I've downloaded the kindle fire hd adb drivers and they won't install properly. My computer only recognizes it as a Kindle. Nothing more. I feel like I've tried everything...... can anyone help?

I have the same version Kindle and I had the same problem, did you try doing what I explained in my previous post? I just googled and found a guide on it but when I got to the part where I manually choose the folder I clicked the button below the path.

Look at my earlier posts, you will see where I said I finally got it to work and try doing it that way.

Reactions: thejvicari

thejvicari

Jun 21, 2012
I have the same version Kindle and I had the same problem, did you try doing what I explained in my previous post? I just googled and found a guide on it but when I got to the part where I manually choose the folder I clicked the button below the path.

Look at my earlier posts, you will see where I said I finally got it to work and try doing it that way.

Holy crap!! I've been messing with it since I got your reply, and finally.... SUCCESS!!! Thank you and everyone else who has put time and energy into making Android the best damn OS out there!

Reactions: Sefirosu

Sefirosu

May 12, 2013
AHA! I got it to work! Anyone having the same problem pay attention.

all I did was follow this guide (Remove the spaces in the link it won't allow me to post links yet...):

ht tp: //www .jayceooi. com/2011/12/13/how-to-install-kindle-fire-adb-usb-driver/

Except at the part where you are supposed to choose the usb_driver folder I clicked "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" then scrolled down and selected Kindle Fire, it notified me that my pc might become unstable but I told it to install anyways and then after that my device was detected and the rooting process now works.

Also idk if it makes a difference but the path it tells you to choose, it was not there for me so I copied the folder from sdk\extras\google\usb_driver in the SDK bundle and created the path myself.

And also when it tells you to add the 3 lines in the android_winusb.inf It would not let me save it in the same location so I saved it to the desktop then just copied it back in the folder and it asks for admin permission and all that.

Thanks, I'm having the same exact problem. I'm still having some issues... for instance, I can't seem to find the android folder on C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver folder. I'll keep trying until I get this right.

Chevalierr

Dec 25, 2013
Thanks, I'm having the same exact problem. I'm still having some issues... for instance, I can't seem to find the android folder on C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver folder. I'll keep trying until I get this right.

Yeah that's the path that I said I had to create myself and then copy the usb_driver folder from the sdk package and paste it into the path I created.

If you haven't downloaded the sdk package download it then open the sdk package folder and locate the sdk\extras\google\usb_driver path and copy the whole usb_driver folder.

Then create the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\ by right clicking and creating new folders while giving them the correct names and paste the usb_driver folder in there.

thejvicari

Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, it will not work unless you right click on the file, then paste it in the "disk" area. Then when you restart the "runme" batch it'll look like it's not gonna work because one of the exploits doesn't work. Once you get that driver successfully installed and the batch ran, you should be good to go :)

kingsugar

Apr 17, 2013
ROMs?

I am curious if there are any ROMs out for the KFSOWI out yet? Is there anyone that might need some testers on the device?

Sefirosu

May 12, 2013
Yeah that's the path that I said I had to create myself and then copy the usb_driver folder from the sdk package and paste it into the path I created.

If you haven't downloaded the sdk package download it then open the sdk package folder and locate the sdk\extras\google\usb_driver path and copy the whole usb_driver folder.

Then create the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\ by right clicking and creating new folders while giving them the correct names and paste the usb_driver folder in there.

Thanks, That is what I didn't do, so I'm going to do that now when I get the chance.
Man, this is probably the most complicated device I ever tried to root. Thanks Amazon...

CrackMonkey91

Apr 5, 2010
does anyone know how to turn off ota on the kindle fire hd 2013? i have only seen scripts for it and im sure they are from the last year model dont really want to run a script that i have no clue what it does or how to fix it if something goes wrong cause its not meant for the new one

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
So and how we can use non market apps? Or how i can use Google Play? Have we a costum rom?
There is a way to sideload google play apps from your pc to the tablet. Go here. Then go to the Google Play link of the app which you want to download on your pc. Copy the product id(like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkxda.activity). Copy that part and paste it in the bar of the website mentioned above. Hit generate download link and download it. This method will only work on free apps and games.
As of now, no custom ROMS are available for the 2013 KFHD 7".

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

does anyone know how to turn off ota on the kindle fire hd 2013? i have only seen scripts for it and im sure they are from the last year model dont really want to run a script that i have no clue what it does or how to fix it if something goes wrong cause its not meant for the new one
Here.

cruzersteve

Dec 29, 2013
Disabling ads KFHD 7''

For anybody trying to disable those ads:

DON'T DELETE the "dtcp_apk_release-***** if you're looking to get rid of those ads.
I followed the suggestion of some user in here saying to just delete those files....doing that actually got me my Kindle bricked.

Just posting this to prevent more people of doing the same mistake I did.

CrackMonkey91

Apr 5, 2010

DON'T DELETE the "dtcp_apk_release-***** if you're looking to get rid of those ads.
I followed the suggestion of some user in here saying to just delete those files....doing that actually got me my Kindle bricked.

Well for anyone else trying to get rid of ads I used the attached app on this post works like a charm but don't go around trying to use the other stuff besides the ad feature everything else just crashes the app

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48623841

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

refinition

Nov 9, 2013

Duly noted, thanks for the warning.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anton.m

Dec 29, 2013

I think I have stopped my ads on my lockscreen just by editing the permissions of the 2 dtcp_apk files if that's any use to anyone

123scooter

Dec 30, 2013
Does nothing when I try this method

This does nothing for me. The command window sits at "Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer!" and never responds to the connection.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

This method does nothing for me. It stops with the command prompt "Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer!" but never recognizes the connection.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
This does nothing for me. The command window sits at "Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer!" and never responds to the connection.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

This method does nothing for me. It stops with the command prompt "Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer!" but never recognizes the connection.

Then install the drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

boardopboy

Feb 16, 2011
Cleveland
Any suggestions on unrooting?

I am returning my Kindle (yellow display tint, the backside is getting hot and WiFi is flakey.) and while I am not really worried the minimum wage, 16 year old hipster behind the customer service counter at Best Buy is going to even check for root... I'd prefer to be better safe than sorry if at all possible.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Any suggestions on unrooting?

I am returning my Kindle (yellow display tint, the backside is getting hot and WiFi is flakey.) and while I am not really worried the minimum wage, 16 year old hipster behind the customer service counter at Best Buy is going to even check for root... I'd prefer to be better safe than sorry if at all possible.

You unroot by using a root tool to unroot. Then you have to get rid of SU still. read a bit here http://androidcowboy.com/2013/06/how-to-unroot-kindle-fire-hd/

Reactions: boardopboy

cjbeast98

Jan 1, 2014
Did any one figure this out?

2510 KB/s (89968 bytes in 0.035s)
Changing permissions...
Executing Exploit (could take some minutes, be patient!)
Hit ENTER to continue
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Device detected: KFSOWI (JDQ39)

Attempt acdb exploit...
KFSOWI (JDQ39) is not supported.

Attempt fj_hdcp exploit...

Attempt msm_cameraconfig exploit...
Detected kernel physical address at 0x80008000 form iomem

Attempt put_user exploit...
ioctl: Bad address

Attempt fb_mem exploit...
Detected kernel physical address at 0x80008000 form iomem

Attempt perf_swevent exploit...
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
"

I won't get root after either....i have try 'd doing everything, I reinstalled EVERYTHING and still won't get root I truly need someone's help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Straight copy of jcase's post here, with only modified binaries.

jcase's words:
    Please do not donate to me for this, it is not my original work. If you want to donate, I suggest finding a way to donate to fi01 (not aware of a way or if he accepts them) or donating to a charity. It is the holiday times, maybe a toys for tots or something similar. I know a lot of ppl dislike the salvation army, and I can't stand up with some of the things they do, but their toy donation program is good and they do get the toys to kids who really have no other option, maybe drop off some new toys? May be food to a food bank?

Source: https://github.com/hiikezoe/android_run_root_shell

Vuln:
    https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...-cve-2013-6282

Exploit Source:
    https://github.com/fi01/libput_user_exploit

Credits go to fi01 and jcase.

File kindlehd2013_root.zip contains 3 files, exploit, rootme.sh and su.
    The file root_script.zip contains the same 3 files, plus adb binaries for linux and windows, and a windows script.

adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
    adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the root_script.zip, and unzip it to a folder.
    2. If you are on windows, run the runme.bat file, and you should be done.
    3. On linux, navigate to the folder you unzipped the files in using the terminal, and run the commands above.
    4. You are rooted!
    5. If you want to control access to root, I reccomend you install supersu or superuser, just sideload the apk or install it from 1mobile market. On superuser you may need to update the su binary and restart your kindle. Otherwise every app that requests root will get it.
    Thanks to slayer615 for the script!
    Firerooter 0.2.2 released. It now uses the Nexus adb drivers since they suck less on Windows. It also has a new fancy icon (thanks fraubi89!!) and the code is less crappy. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.
    Yo yo yo here's the super early version of the restore tool I've been giving around: https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.1.zip

It's not really polished yet, but it definitely works to restore devices. You'll need to be able to boot to fastboot and you'll need the Windows drivers (link in the troubleshoot window)

Here's the sauce: https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh yeah -- feel free to email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if anything goes wrong.
    Created a small automated script:
    https://db.tt/zPGylWuQ
    How far up your ass did you have to go to pull that out?

First of all, when a Kindle is bricked you are correct in that it does not have adb. However we flash a system image that does enable adb. Your point is moot. The only problem with it is that Windows sucks at drivers.

Also, I didn't release the new system because I've obviously partnered with Amazon to ensure people are scared of rooting, duh! It's not because a tester told me it irreparably bricked their tablet, that's bull****. I'm just an evil developer.

As a final note, I would like to encourage you to return your Kindle. I'd rather not support dickwads like you.

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

Wow, all these posts are making me feel sorry for devs. I'm starting to think that the more you put forth to the community, the more people expect of you. I'm a lowly leech that has a passion for testing and a love for android, who occasionally can provide feedback or very minimal support. I rarely post, have never demanded anything and just love to read. I'm currently running ice and living the dream. But I bought my Kindle on a whim, and wasn't concerned about brick. Gran if you left the community today your contributions thus far are still awe inspiring. Its hard for me to even fathom how much time, effort and thought has went into your work (non paying hobby). I hope you're still feeling joy, happiness, and a sense of accomplishment from your contributions, not tired and burdened. Regardless big thanks to you!!! Final note - if a user gets that mad about waiting for a tested fix imagine how upset they'd be over a permabrick.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app