Or Continue to Thread: Working US Internet Tethering
Find Your Device:
30th December 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

17 posts
More
I used EasyTether for this as I had purchased it awhile ago and they had a bluetooth tablet app that I could use. I have not tried this with PDANet/FoxFi but I am pretty sure it should work as it is a similar setup.

-- Setting Up
0. Plug your galaxy gear into the cradle and you should be running Null rom and have usb debugging/unknown sources enabled...

1. Start by downloading the reverse usb tethering app from xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1371345

2. Use WonderShare or adb push to install
HackConnectivityService.apk
installed.apk

3. Open the newly installed "USB Tunnel" app on your galaxy gear

4. Start up AndroidTool.exe on your pc and hit the connect button

5. After about 20 seconds your gear should prompt for a superuser access screen. Go ahead and hit ok or grant access

6. After the connection is made you should now be able to open the google play store and sign into your gmail account. If google account manager crashes, continue on to the next step and try again after step 11.

7. On your galaxy gear goto the regular android settings screen and click on the Xposed section. Click on framework and go ahead and update/install the framework and reboot the galaxy gear.

8. With the galaxy gear now rebooted, go into the android settings -> xposed -> and this time hit the modules button. Scroll down and click on the hackconnectivity application. With that app now enabled go ahead and reboot the galaxy gear again. (not sure if necessary but I think I recall it saying it has to be rebooted)

9. With the gear now properly setup return to the android settings -> xposed -> modules -> hackconnectivity and click on the WIFI button.

10. Your galaxy gear will now assume its internet connection will always be wifi even if connected via usb or bluetooth

11. You should be now able to sign into your gmail account by click on the playstore icon if you were not able to before.

-- Getting Tethering Working

12. Using either the PlayStore or sideloading the Amazon Appstore - download Easytether on your phone - and on your galaxy gear install the Easytether Tablet application.

13. Open the Easytether application on your phone and and select Bluetooth Tethering

14. On your galaxy gear open the EasyTether Tablet app and select your phone from the list of devices on the bottom of the screen. After the connection is established your galaxy gear should now be online with bluetooth and feel free to remove it from the charing cradle.

15. I was able to install Netflix on my watch, login, and start an episode of Star Trek while I was writing this for you guys. I hope this gets you guys online with your watches! =)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sting0387 For This Useful Post: [ View ]