Windows phone / google sync solved

Search This thread

bluerichblue

Dec 29, 2011
my apologies if this is already solved, i couldn't find this info !

I have solved why google contacts will not sync properly with windows phone !

symptom:

You set up a google account and only some names actually have numbers, the rest are only names !

You set up google account and none of the numbers show for people from the account !

reason:

Windows phone does not recognize certain phone types from google ( other, voice, etc )

cure:

go to contacts
in contacts you will see a list of people that are synced with your google account
click a name
to the side of the number is a box which shows phone type ( other, voice, mobile, home etc )
select one of the 3 , home, work or mobile only
go back to contacts and do this for each contact ( sorry there is no shorter way )
now re-sync your windows phone
you should see all the numbers for missing contacts !!

to prevent this happening in the future:

When you save a new contact in google, make sure you use one of the 3 types of phone number ( mobile, work or home only ) and then save your contact !!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my apologies if this is already solved, i couldn't find this info !

I have solved why google contacts will not sync properly with windows phone !

symptom:

You set up a google account and only some names actually have numbers, the rest are only names !

You set up google account and none of the numbers show for people from the account !

reason:

Windows phone does not recognize certain phone types from google ( other, voice, etc )

cure:

go to contacts
    in contacts you will see a list of people that are synced with your google account
    click a name
    to the side of the number is a box which shows phone type ( other, voice, mobile, home etc )
    select one of the 3 , home, work or mobile only
    go back to contacts and do this for each contact ( sorry there is no shorter way )
    now re-sync your windows phone
    you should see all the numbers for missing contacts !!

to prevent this happening in the future:

When you save a new contact in google, make sure you use one of the 3 types of phone number ( mobile, work or home only ) and then save your contact !!!