[Recovery] CDMA Sprint [07-Mar-2010] RA-heroc-v1.6.2
This recovery is NOT yet fully compatible with the new apps2sd method! (as implemented in CM5.0.7)
This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's v1.4 recovery.
The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
This recovery if for the HTC Sprint Hero only
, if you have an :
- HTC Hero you should go here
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here
This recovery is for the CDMA based Hero from Sprint only!
Ext4 is NOT supported because we don't have the kernel Source of the HTC Sprint Hero yet... Sorry
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).
Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
Please make sure that your ROM supports apps2sd if you plan to use the ext-features! (/system/sd MUST be available in the ROM)
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Awesome Care-Bear version! (Blame packetlss for talking me into it )
- Busybox v1.15.3
- HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
- Extended menu :
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
- BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
- Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext
- Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
- Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
- Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move apps+dalv to SD :: Moves all apps and Dalvik-cache to sdcard (This will NOT enable apps2sd!)
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available from console :
There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
via adb -> Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys)
via fastboot + adb -> In case you don't have a custom recovery, so when you get signature fail errors
Copy recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img to the root of your sdcard
Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
Connect your Hero via usb to your pc/mac/...
$su (not required if you have root already)
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
Old versions :
adb shell reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
adb shell mount /sdcard
adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
adb shell reboot
Special thanks to :
- Added power off menu item
- New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore
- New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue.
(This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)
- New mkyaffs2image binary
- New flash_image binary
- Updated busybox to v1.5.3
- Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues)
- Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present
- Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss
- Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
- http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
- http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
- Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.