Default [APKs] The KitKat we didn't get

Nothing special here, just a couple of apks to get us closer to the correct KitKat look.

There is an updated MotLauncher2.apk that has the transparent status bar enabled. In addition, it was modified to remove the dock divider, and use the KitKat apps icon. Also, a 5th icon row was added, but over(under)laps the QSB making it unusable. I only made the change to fix the uneven spacing of the stock 4 row launcher.

There is also an updated SystemUI.apk that replaces the awful signal icons VZW stuffs down our throats with the stock icons from KitKat. All of the other status bar changes were accomplished with Xposed and GravityBox. It should be noted, stock only uses a 4 bar signal, so technically I cheated and used the 4bar for both level 4 and 5.

I am not responsible if you can't follow instructions and brick or otherwise render your phone inoperable!

You must be rooted and on KitKat.

How to install:
  1. Download files
  2. Reboot into Safestrap
  3. Make a backup (just in case)
  4. Select Mount and check System
  5. Open a command prompt (terminal) and navigate to location of downloaded files
  6. Code:
    adb shell

rm /system/priv-app/MotLauncher2.apk

rm /system/priv-app/MotLauncher2.odex

rm /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk

rm /system/priv-app/SystemUI.odex

adb push MotLauncher2.apk /system/priv-app

adb push SystemUI.apk /system/priv-app

adb shell chmod 644 /system/priv-app/MotLauncher2.apk

adb shell chmod 644 /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk
  7. Reboot

This was something I did for myself. I will not be making any other modifications or make any custom versions of these so please don't ask. I will attempt to assist anyone having trouble getting it on their system, but it's pretty straight forward and I'm not in the habit of hand-holding.

Enjoy!

MotLauncher2.apk

SystemUI.apk
Droid Eris --> Droid X --> Moto Atrix (I hate you AT&T) -->HTC Thunderbolt --> HTC Rezound --> Galaxy Nexus