[GAME][3.0+] Dots: Chain Reaction 1.0

Search This thread

lee boze

Oct 31, 2013
Dots: Chain Reaction. Tap the screen to start a chain reaction which consumes all the dots that touch it. With 48 levels over 3 stages there is hours of fun to be had. Each stage has new types of dots and a distinct aim for your chain reaction which provides varied gameplay. After you create the required chain reaction you will achieve a 1, 2 or 3 star rating depending on how many dots you caused to react.

Can you create a chain reaction that consumes all the dots?

FREE to download at google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dots.chainreaction

Or download APK directly:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p42zm3mf8aqac9/Dots_Chain_Reaction_v10.apk

Or download $0.99 paid version from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dots.chainreactionpro

zofgua.png
m9pwye.png
2v9vfr5.png

2ue7ac8.png
rcvitc.png
2144h8h.png

Last edited:

ph37rd

Oct 6, 2012
Reminds me of a game that is a chrome app on windows. Wasted time playing that so see much the same with this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Dots: Chain Reaction. Tap the screen to start a chain reaction which consumes all the dots that touch it. With 48 levels over 3 stages there is hours of fun to be had. Each stage has new types of dots and a distinct aim for your chain reaction which provides varied gameplay. After you create the required chain reaction you will achieve a 1, 2 or 3 star rating depending on how many dots you caused to react.

Thank you for sharing the game. Would you please add the apk to the first post so that people without access to the Play Store can download it as well? Thank you.

Reactions: jufofu

egzthunder1

Thanks. I have now added a direct download for the APK to the original post as well.

Thank you. I have been playing it a bit and I gotta say it is quite good. The only thing I would add would be an option to retry the level regardless of outcome. There are people out there who don't like anything less than 3 stars ;)

It will be featured in the portal soon :)

I am the one who knocks...

Reactions: Publiuss

dany.bony

Feb 1, 2012
Very nice and addictive game! ;)

Just a few remarks:
- I don't see the purpose of the "Exit" item on the main screen. Is this a porting from an iOS version?
- You should remove the black menu bar shown on devices without a physical menu button

Reactions: lee boze

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Super game, how would you feel about it being included in a rom? and is there a donate version to remove the ads?

Last edited:

bljarv

Sep 24, 2008
Thank you. I have been playing it a bit and I gotta say it is quite good. The only thing I would add would be an option to retry the level regardless of outcome. There are people out there who don't like anything less than 3 stars ;)

It will be featured in the portal soon :)

I am the one who knocks...

I'm one of those sickos who keeps trying for the 3 stars, so I would agree. I would also like the ability to pay you a few dollars to remove the ads.

One other suggestion might be another way to indicate the goal/target without having to tap the screen to start the level (maybe something in the header).

egzthunder1

I'm one of those sickos who keeps trying for the 3 stars, so I would agree. I would also like the ability to pay you a few dollars to remove the ads.

One other suggestion might be another way to indicate the goal/target without having to tap the screen to start the level (maybe something in the header).

Heh... levels 6 and 16 are the bane of my existence at this point (both of them on 2 stars and everything else on 3).

One last suggestion to add even more realistic physics to this... make the balls solid so that they can collide against each other instead of going through like ghosts. Collisions would add a huge amount of entropy in the system which will make it even better imho.

lee boze

Oct 31, 2013
Wow, thanks to everyone for trying the game and leaving feedback.

Super game, how would you feel about it being included in a rom? and is there a donate version to remove the ads?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a rom. Do you mean being packaged with other games and offered as a download? If that is what you mean, I don't mind at all, feel free to upload it.

There isn't currently an ad-free version but it's something I am looking in to. I've never released a paid app before so I need to get up to speed on how to go about it but I will post back here when it is available.

Why 3.0+? The post says 2.2+...

Sorry about that, I have edited the thread title so it is no longer misleading. I had to upgrade the android version because it was taking a long time (up to 10 seconds on older phones) for the app to reload after switching to another app or homescreen and then back to my app (during this time there was only a black screen). The only resolution I could find was to preserve the OpenGL context which I think is only available on 3.0+.

In terms of how many dots you need to complete the level, this is displayed on the top left of the screen, how many dots you currently have made react is displayed on the top right. Although for an explanation of what the exact aim is (each stage has slightly different gameplay) it is true you can't see this after the level has started. In a future update, I might show more detail about the current level on the pause screen, which would help, I think.

One last suggestion to add even more realistic physics to this... make the balls solid so that they can collide against each other instead of going through like ghosts. Collisions would add a huge amount of entropy in the system which will make it even better imho.

That's an interesting idea. I'll try and see if I can implement this and see what effect it has on the game. I think it would add quite a lot more realism. Thanks!

Last edited:

jufofu

Jan 27, 2009
The game is very good. Here are the few problems/ideas:
Turning the screen off hangs the game. To unfreeze it I have to minimize it and then switch back to it.
There is no "retry" option if I get 2 or 3 stars, though it would be much more useful than "back".
It would be nice to swipe areas instead of clicking "Next".

lee boze

Oct 31, 2013
The game is very good. Here are the few problems/ideas:
Turning the screen off hangs the game. To unfreeze it I have to minimize it and then switch back to it.
There is no "retry" option if I get 2 or 3 stars, though it would be much more useful than "back".
It would be nice to swipe areas instead of clicking "Next".

Hmm, the freezing issue has me slightly baffled. Have you tried waiting a short time to see if the game might be loading in the background? I have had issues with the app being minimised and loaded again in the past (although I thought I had fixed it before release) so I will see if I can recreate this bug.

I agree with the retry button for those rating-addicts so this will be coming in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Or download APK directly:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p42zm3mf8aqac9/Dots_Chain_Reaction_v10.apk

Or download $0.99 paid version from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dots.chainreactionpro

zofgua.png
    m9pwye.png
    2v9vfr5.png

2ue7ac8.png
    rcvitc.png
    2144h8h.png
    Wow, thanks to everyone for trying the game and leaving feedback.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a rom. Do you mean being packaged with other games and offered as a download? If that is what you mean, I don't mind at all, feel free to upload it.

There isn't currently an ad-free version but it's something I am looking in to. I've never released a paid app before so I need to get up to speed on how to go about it but I will post back here when it is available.

Why 3.0+? The post says 2.2+...

Sorry about that, I have edited the thread title so it is no longer misleading. I had to upgrade the android version because it was taking a long time (up to 10 seconds on older phones) for the app to reload after switching to another app or homescreen and then back to my app (during this time there was only a black screen). The only resolution I could find was to preserve the OpenGL context which I think is only available on 3.0+.

In terms of how many dots you need to complete the level, this is displayed on the top left of the screen, how many dots you currently have made react is displayed on the top right. Although for an explanation of what the exact aim is (each stage has slightly different gameplay) it is true you can't see this after the level has started. In a future update, I might show more detail about the current level on the pause screen, which would help, I think.

That's an interesting idea. I'll try and see if I can implement this and see what effect it has on the game. I think it would add quite a lot more realism. Thanks!

Heh... levels 6 and 16 are the bane of my existence at this point (both of them on 2 stars and everything else on 3).

Version 1.1 of Dots: Chain Reaction now requires Android 3.0+ and is also available on:

SlideMe.org

and

Amazon App Store
    @lee boze
    Just one little suggestion, could be possible to make the game work that way that when I press play after game start it will go directly to the page/stage with the last round accomplished?

Otherwise nice game! :good:

P.

Thank you :)

FYI, I've updated the app so that when you click play, you can then choose which stage to go to. This avoids press next lots of times to get to Stage 4.