Search This thread

GizmoTheGreen

Jun 13, 2010
Ouya
Google Nexus 5
Framebuffer subsystem isn't some small driver that I can modify to dynamically switch depending on the panel; framebuffer subsystem is huge and would require 2 different kernels in order to have 2 different framebuffer drivers, which I'm not going to do. AUO problems are probably easy to fix, but I don't have an AUO panel so I can't test it.

Hmm, thought so. oh well :p

XbadaxeX

Nov 30, 2013
Chennai
My battery status is not accurate.:(

issues which i have

1.Battery drains very fast while the screen is on .Within 10 mins Battery reduced from 90% to 70%.
But after immediate restart Battery shows 87%.

2.When charging Green Led glows @ 92 % .

...... tried deleting the battery stats in settings ,wiped battery stats in recovery.

i have this issue in all the build from Nov to Jan.:confused:

I have CWM recovery and S off.

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
My battery status is not accurate.:(

issues which i have

1.Battery drains very fast while the screen is on .Within 10 mins Battery reduced from 90% to 70%.
But after immediate restart Battery shows 87%.

2.When charging Green Led glows @ 92 % .

...... tried deleting the battery stats in settings ,wiped battery stats in recovery.

i have this issue in all the build from Nov to Jan.:confused:

I have CWM recovery and S off.

3. Do you also face unexpected shut off and/or reboot?

Have you bought a new battery? if not then now its the time to bring one. Your present battery life has ended.

Otherwise if its a new battery, check batterbatterystatus or wakelock detector app for any apps that are draining the battery.

Green led that glows after 90% is normal. I think all ROMs except HTC's do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: XbadaxeX

DobbyDook

Oct 23, 2010

Have you bought a new battery? if not then now its the time to bring one. Your present battery life has ended.

Otherwise if its a new battery, check batterbatterystatus or wakelock detector app for any apps that are draining the battery.

Green led that glows after 90% is normal. I think all ROMs except HTC's do that.

I have same problem on screen on, with new battery (no have problem with other ROM)
wakelock is ok. No draining apps
12/01 with 52. But i've try 12/30 with 51 and 51.5 and the problem is same

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

No issues with battery here.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Sorry, i've seen your post too late.

XbadaxeX

Nov 30, 2013
Chennai

Still using my stock Battery and the health is good and was working fine with other JB roms and stock ROM (checked last week)
I have whatapp,viber,mobilevoip,Linephone,Kakao ,no other apps installed.

No restarting issues or unexpected shutdo. But some times the screen goes black ,after screen time out(15 sec) the display is active.

And my other bugs as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvtf89vNH4g ( after reboot cant lock immediately..... not necessary but i hope it is a bug)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2r9jjgmQ4 ( lock screen freezes)

and more often i have white noise when switching the display on and off ( for eg pls check the attachment).

Attachments

• white-noise2.jpg
    white-noise2.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Still using my stock Battery and the health is good and was working fine with other JB roms and stock ROM (checked last week)
I have whatapp,viber,mobilevoip,Linephone,Kakao ,no other apps installed.

And my other bugs as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvtf89vNH4g ( after reboot cant lock immediately..... not necessary but i hope it is a bug)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2r9jjgmQ4 ( lock screen freezes)

and more often i have white noise when switching the display on and off ( for eg pls check the attachment).

The simplest solution for me is to rebuild the ROM and bake r52 in it... That white noise is from an old kernel. The first video you posted is due to lag; this device is 3 years old and you just turned it on. The 2nd video (lock screen freeze) could be caused by an old delay hack in the kernel designed to make the CRT animation work 100% of the time on Android 4.1. I'll remove it.

XbadaxeX

Nov 30, 2013
Chennai
The simplest solution for me is to rebuild the ROM and bake r52 in it... That white noise is from an old kernel. The first video you posted is due to lag; this device is 3 years old and you just turned it on. The 2nd video (lock screen freeze) could be caused by an old delay hack in the kernel designed to make the CRT animation work 100% of the time on Android 4.1. I'll remove it.

Thank you.:)

Just now i installed R52 .so far i didnt see that white noise.:good:

martix90

Jul 10, 2013
Stuttgart
I have a question regarding VoIP.
I have tested it with my router (fritzBox... I don't know if they are known outside of germany) an the native SIP-Client of android.
When I call a number, it beeps until the callee answers. But then he can't hear me and I can't hear him. I don't know if this is a problem of the fritzBox or the ROM. Does VoIP work for you?

Thanks

martix90

Jul 10, 2013
Stuttgart
Did you try Fritz!App Fon oder Zoiper? The native android voip client is not the best.
Is your phone registered over internet or in your lan? Have you installed the newest firmware in your Fritz!Box? (FRITZ!OS 06.01?)

I have tried the native voip android client, because some time ago in this Thread is was said to be fixed, so I wanted to try it.
My phone was in my LAN and yes, I have the latest firmware. The call got throug. The phone of the calle rung. But we couldn't hear each other.

Gruß aus Stuttgart ;)

Nasheich Xfiles

Aug 13, 2012
Free York
www.nasheich-xfiles.blogspot.com
great work Sultan, so far so good, no big bugs
just a little problem maybe, the busybox doesn't exist or too old version, cuz i can't do some rooting access like deleting system app, but after install the bustbox, i can do that, but after reboot reboot, the busybox likely gone again n i nust reinstall it again

corumuk

Dec 24, 2011
Tried kernel 52 today, over the latest build. Refused to boot past the HTC logo in ART mode. Restored a backup, switched to dalvik, reflashed ROM and kernel and now it boots ok. Bizarrely under phone info it shows the kernel version as 50.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011
Bug update ( in bold)

On 4.jan build with kernel 51 with SHARP panel:

1. 3/10 times when waking device either with vol button or power button the capacitative buttons light up - but the screen remains black pressing again wakes the screen and quickly turns it off again.
  2. Experienced a frozen device with screen on where pulling battery was only options (4 times)
  3. ROM not appearing in Goo Managers search for updates - only through manual search
  4. When using the keyboard in apps like Messaging af an other places where there is text input: Using the delete button will make the whole word flicker for a split second when the curser reaches the word
  5. When using inbuilt torch one of the LED is much brighter than the other
  6. Video not working in SnapChat
  7. Autofocus is very bad - it often takes 5 + shots to get useful autofocus when taking pcs in dark places and closeup.
  8. Stock AOSP keyboard and Messaging app does not translate textual smiley like :) and :( and :eek: to graphical smileys like on CM 10.2 - however emojis are working fine

Any way om having static wallpaper with no wallpaper scroll on the default "launcher3" ?

What is the default setting for MPdecision when manually installing kernel in recovery ?

ivanich

Nov 6, 2011
Odessa, Kyiv
@android1234567

Is there any progress with 3.4 kernel or you abandoned it? I broke my MicroSD card, so can't even reflash rom or change build.brop settings :(

EDIT:
Disabling this two values fixes flickering, seems automatic clock and rate calculation make it correct
//pinfo.clk_rate = 454000000;
//pinfo.lcd.refx100 = 6200;

Now need to fix this, happens after display ON/OFF and all became sluggish
Code:
W/SurfaceFlinger(  149): Ignoring duplicate VSYNC event from HWC (t=4)

EDIT2:
Seems it happens only when usb connected with adb shell, so for now it pretty stable and fast only thing is missing - camera hal.

Last edited:

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011
With newer framebuffer, included in older build, phone seemed smoother though.

I also found the never framebuffer more smooth - I have a Sharp panel s phone bootet without problems.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

R52 kernal is fine. I uv screen with 700mv and uv the cpu with 50mv, I don't have any problems yet. Let's see how long I can do with a single charge ;p.

How do you uv the CPU ?

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011
Kernel version r52 uploaded with display voltage control :) I have given up on the new framebuffer drivers (read the changelog in the 2nd post), so r52 will work for everyone. Also, if you're a power-user and you're interested in fine-tuning your display voltage even more than what's available in the Aroma, you can choose an undervolt value that's a multiple of 25mV. You can see more info about my display voltage control implementation here: https://github.com/sultanxda/sultan-kernel-pyramid/commit/8a7ff1030ed3fa708663c7834498c030c5a04a92

Enjoy!

When I try to save the sysfs file with another uv than the stock 400 I get an "operation failed"

The access paramteters are rw-rw-r

Reactions: hardball 45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android1-7_CM11_Header_Img1.png

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki

Notable features:
    • Kernel is based off of vanilla CAF jb_1.9.6 source
    • 618MB of usable RAM
    • Self-powered USB OTG
    • Uses Ion memory allocator for everything: audio, display, video playback, camera, etc. (big thanks to shantur, Flemmard, and SebastiaFM for Ion camera)
    • CAF KitKat Ion, framebuffer, video controller drivers, media HAL, and display HAL
    • CAF Jelly Bean GPU drivers (from CAF branch jb_2.5)
    • Hardware vsync
    • No Maps 7 glitches, Google Chrome glitches, Browser glitches, Gmail glitches, etc.
    • SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled and set to Enforcing for better security
    • MTP
    • Newer Adreno graphics libraries (smoother graphics): AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.5.04.02.02.092.059
    • 4.0.0056HMQ RIL

Major bugs:
    • No major bugs :)

Minor bugs:
    • Some issues with VoIP reported (this happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
    • Shortcuts for apps stored on SD card disappear from the launcher homescreen after a reboot (also happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
    • MHL (HDMI) is broken

Video (thanks to @EZY-E!)

Installation:

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to do a standard full wipe (factory reset: wipe /cache and /data) if you are coming from a different ROM, then install the ROM and gapps for Android 4.4. If you're coming from a CM10.2 ROM then it is possible to dirty flash this ROM over your current setup and install gapps for 4.4 without wiping anything; HOWEVER, if you encounter ANY issues with this setup then I will not help you fix them. I will only listen to your issues if you perform a full wipe before installing this ROM for the first time. When there is an update available it is OK to dirty-flash the update, but don't forget to wipe /cache and Dalvik cache.

Detailed installation steps:
    1. Download and install the latest 4ext recovery from HERE (you must have v1.0.0.6 RC2 or newer installed)
    2. Download the ROM and Gapps (Google apps)
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Perform a full wipe (you should only need to do this if this is your first time installing the ROM)
    5. Flash the ROM zip
    6. Flash the gapps zip
    7. OPTIONAL: Flash the kernel Aroma installer if you want to customize the kernel's settings
    8. Reboot
    9. ???
    10. Profit
    11. Move profits to Swiss banks to evade taxes

Source code:
    Kernel (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/sultan-kernel-pyramid
    Device tree (cm-11.0_3.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_device_htc_pyramid
    Vendor binaries (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_vendor_htc
    My manifest (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/Android

Credits (in no particular order):

The CyanogenMod team
    All CyanogenMod contributors
    CAF (Code Aurora Forum, these are Qualcomm engineers)
    HTCZ715E
    johnnyslt
    Blefish
    professorpasta
    CRACING (for the banner on top of the thread)
    paulb-nl
    bilalliberty
    SebastianFM
    Flemmard
    shantur
    ivanich
    PA for the gapps
    bastei
    liquid64
    Mark376
    me :cowboy:

If I forgot you then slap me and force me to use an iPhone 4 running iOS8

Downloads:
    Please read through the OP before posting in the thread.
    You must have 4ext recovery v1.0.0.6 RC2 or newer in order to install this ROM. Otherwise you will get a status 0 error upon installation.

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16126&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
    Gapps: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15801
    Kernel-only updates/kernel standalone installer: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22313&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 with CAF 3.0.31 kernel, ROM for the HTC Sensation

Contributors
    Sultanxda
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-12
    Last Updated 2015-02-19
    Kernel features and details:
    This is a 3.0.31 kernel based off of vanilla CAF jb_1.9.6 kernel source with these features:
    • Full Ion
    • Self-powered USB OTG
    • Sweep2Wake
    • More accurate battery percentage readings
    • AC charge speed over USB (fastcharge)
    • 618MB of usable RAM
    • CPU Input Boost (boosts the CPU when the screen is touched)
    • Ion camera drivers backported from SebastianFM's 3.4 kernel
    • Ion audio drivers backported from SebastianFM's 3.4 kernel
    • Latest CAF KitKat Ion drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • CAF Jelly Bean GPU drivers (KGSL) (from the CAF jb_2.5 branch)
    • Latest CAF KitKat framebuffer drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • Latest CAF KitKat video controller (vidc) drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • CAF jb_chocolate power-management (PM) architecture
    • CAF jb_chocolate USB gadget drivers
    • Newer WiFi drivers from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Newer wireless stack from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Newer Android drivers (such as lowmemorykiller) from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Display undervolting by up to 700mV
    • Kernel-based thermald
    • Basic display color control (choose between regular and cooler colors)
    • Lots of debugging garbage removed
    • No kernel modules (greater security)
    • SELinux
    • CPU overclockable up to 1.944GHz
    • GPU overclockable up to 320MHz
    New build uploaded. Thanks to some help from johnnyslt and paulb-nl, I have fixed video playback without breaking the camcorder :) There's a huge kernel changelog to read, so grab a snack, sit back, relax, and go through it all.

Happy holidays!
    Thanks for your answer :) , is video playback gonna be fixed soon u think?

After about of week of working on this, I have fixed video playback without breaking camcorder :victory:

Just need to tie up a few loose ends