Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Some days ago I bought a new battery for my S3 (seller said to be genuine) and I am disappointed because its performance is almost the same as the one I was experiencing with my old battery (18 month-old battery). For this reason, I have been researching and I have done this until now:
*) Being honest, this comparison is somehow subjective since apart from the battery change, my S3 was officially updated from 4.1 to 4.3 almost at the same time I changed the battery. Then, I wonder whether this update may have affected my diagnosis on the battery duration.
1) According to the point * I decided to do a battery calibration "without root" consisting in draining the battery to 0% and charging until 100%. I haven't seen any improvement doing this.
2) As consequence I analyzed wakelocks. I have addressed two of them from the System:
- AudioOutLock. to fix this one I did as recommended: disabling sounds when typing and all of this.
- Backup. Fixed by disabling the backup from Google (I would like to have it enabled but if it is causing a battery drain...)
3) I let the phone the whole night turned on with the 3g connection on and I got a ratio of 2%/hour draining. I have read this is more or less under the normal parameters.
After doing all of this I'm still not happy with the performance. Usually, my mobile gets under 20% by the end of the day with the screen on in a range between 1h30m and 2h. If I remember well at the very begging (when I bought my phone), I was getting my phone at 20% by the end of the day but having the screen on for 4h or more. After buying a new battery, I was expecting to return to that situation.
Do you have any hint? As for example a better way to calibrate? Factory reset may help? Should I check a specific wakelock?
Thank you very much in advance!
Last edited by paco_ramirez; 11th January 2014 at 05:18 PM.