Kit Kat

Search This thread

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks. So simply all i have is Playstore as an app and other stuff. The rest i will have to download right ? What about Google Experience Launcher (which replaces stock launcher) and other stuff like Google Keyboard ? In the official build will i be able to have the full G-apps ? Just a little clarification needed ? :silly:
Right, core gapps just gets Play Store working. Space is extremely tight on the /system partition of the Inc trying to run kitkat. It may be possible to get Google Keyboard and Launcher working but it will take some creativity. If there ever is an 'official build', it will definitely not be able to use the full gapps. There will probably be ways to hack them in there though.

So this is not the official release right ? I am really excited about this !! I just tried it out, it is damn snappy and super fast ! Great jobs devs !!
A few small probs i found are the videos are being recorded but is not shown in the gallery, And the external sd card is not shown (and cant access it)
By the way, dont think i am always complaining, i just saw some errors thats it, i hope they will be fixed on the official release..
Job well done Devs !! You gave a new life to my old play around device :highfive:
There are problems, that is partially why I wasn't exactly advertising these builds. The biggest problem is that data isn't working. Video recording hasn't worked right ever since we moved on from ICS, and even there it is flaky. Both sdcard and emmc should work fine on the phone, I don't think you can mount the sdcard to a computer just yet but I know the emmc mounts properly.

Reactions: Small_Bear

Small_Bear

Dec 10, 2013
Right, core gapps just gets Play Store working. Space is extremely tight on the /system partition of the Inc trying to run kitkat. It may be possible to get Google Keyboard and Launcher working but it will take some creativity. If there ever is an 'official build', it will definitely not be able to use the full gapps. There will probably be ways to hack them in there though.

There are problems, that is partially why I wasn't exactly advertising these builds. The biggest problem is that data isn't working. Video recording hasn't worked right ever since we moved on from ICS, and even there it is flaky. Both sdcard and emmc should work fine on the phone, I don't think you can mount the sdcard to a computer just yet but I know the emmc mounts properly.

Thanks, i found a way to add Google keyboard and launcher because i had a copy of Paranoid Androids full G-apps. I installed all the stuff that i might need from there.Just asking, will there be an official build form Evervolv :confused: By the way thanks for the advice.:good:

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy

Thank you for the build. I was waiting for this build for a long time. I use the phone with wifi for playing around. So are you guys planning to have an official build on this ? just curious !

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
Thank you for the build. I was waiting for this build for a long time. I use the phone with wifi for playing around. So are you guys planning to have an official build on this ? just curious !

That would be up to preludedrew and the Evervolv team. Considering that there was never an official build of Jelly Bean 4.3, I have my doubts.

donjohnson2

May 7, 2011
inc reborn

kitkat works like a charm on this old phone and i like the go to sleep button (widget), it was a very good idea.

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy
Evervolv 4.0 is really awesome !! Its really snappy and i'm loving it. I would like to see someone trying to make a build of CM 11. Because i have missed a lot CM goodies like adding and changing widgets in Toggle area. Anyway I love this rom ! I hope someone can build CM 11 or Omnirom for this golden device ! Go developers !!

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Cm 11 and/or Omni should be possible. No guarantees. There is the issue of limited system space for the ROM, and Evervolv barely fits. There are workarounds but all are considered hacks.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Reactions: jayanak69

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
I hope someone can build CM 11 or Omnirom for this golden device ! Go developers !!

As already stated, I'll try OmniROM first, then CM11 second, but that's towards the bottom of my to do list. And there's that other person who said they'd try (I forget their handle, and I'm mobile and can't switch back and forth easily on Tapatalk).

Anyways, I'm trying to get my daily device (m7vzw) up on OmniROM, as well as the other m7 variants, etc in perfect working order first. And tiny is right. System is very small, and I personally hate using hacks to accomplish something, so I'll probably have to fork the omni vendor tree and pair it down. I'll get to it, but not sure when.

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy
As already stated, I'll try OmniROM first, then CM11 second, but that's towards the bottom of my to do list. And there's that other person who said they'd try (I forget their handle, and I'm mobile and can't switch back and forth easily on Tapatalk).

Anyways, I'm trying to get my daily device (m7vzw) up on OmniROM, as well as the other m7 variants, etc in perfect working order first. And tiny is right. System is very small, and I personally hate using hacks to accomplish something, so I'll probably have to fork the omni vendor tree and pair it down. I'll get to it, but not sure when.

Cm 11 and/or Omni should be possible. No guarantees. There is the issue of limited system space for the ROM, and Evervolv barely fits. There are workarounds but all are considered hacks.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Thanks guys !! You guys always make this device feel valuable !!:victory:

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville

I got CM11 booting yesterday =) seems that the UI sounds are not getting called for inc during the compile tho so I have to look into that because the rest of the audio works

coltstrgj

Aug 24, 2012
Hey guys, sorry to be that guy, but I don't want to clog your forum with a new thread for just a quick question.
My dad washed his incredible the other day and "lost" a lot of files. The screen no longer works(Touch input may, but I can't be sure), but the phone does. It still boots and the lights and everything still work (still connects to the Bluetooth in his car) Plugging it in to the computer doesn't bring up the files so I assume that like many other devices you have to select an option to mount it as a media device. ADB seems to be off, and I'm not sure that fastboot is working either because when I (think that I have) booted into recovery there were no devices connected. Is there a way to get this devices files without replacing the screen? Can I enable adb or fastboot somehow? Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. The pictures are all that he really wants, and they were evidently not stored on the sd card. Thanks for your help.

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy
I gotta say I'm loving CM11 and Evervolv on my incs ! I tried out ART on Evervolv but it resulted a bootloop i guess ! So i had to restore my inc. But i have to admit, you devs are awesome !!

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
wow good to see that this phone still has a strong following. This is one of my favorite devices

Hope that 4.4 will be made available to this phone too

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy

Vernox701

May 14, 2008
Nevada
Hey guys, sorry to be that guy, but I don't want to clog your forum with a new thread for just a quick question.
My dad washed his incredible the other day and "lost" a lot of files. The screen no longer works(Touch input may, but I can't be sure), but the phone does. It still boots and the lights and everything still work (still connects to the Bluetooth in his car) Plugging it in to the computer doesn't bring up the files so I assume that like many other devices you have to select an option to mount it as a media device. ADB seems to be off, and I'm not sure that fastboot is working either because when I (think that I have) booted into recovery there were no devices connected. Is there a way to get this devices files without replacing the screen? Can I enable adb or fastboot somehow? Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. The pictures are all that he really wants, and they were evidently not stored on the sd card. Thanks for your help.
if your are running stock the maybe the HTC Sync software could find the files

jayanak69

Nov 14, 2013
Kandy
Just wanted to know whether both Evervolv and Cyanogenmod can or cant access the external sd card. I tried both but i couldn't access the sd-card. Musical_chairs has stated that both sd card and emmc can be mounted as usb mass storage. But no luck here. Can someone help me to clear out this !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure we'll see kitkat eventually for the inc. I've been tinkering with it just a bit myself. At this point Evervolv has a kitkat branch for the inc, but it is not in a buildable state. Stuff is still changing so fast that there's not a lot of point in digging into it real deep just yet.
    wow good to see that this phone still has a strong following. This is one of my favorite devices

Hope that 4.4 will be made available to this phone too

Hey buddy, we already have Android Kitkat 4.4 for our golden device. There are two unofficial roms from Musical_Chairs ( Evervolv ) and by zachf714 ( CM 11 ) Check it out !

Evervolv -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49445806

CM 11 -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2607025
    I hope someone can build CM 11 or Omnirom for this golden device ! Go developers !!

HTC Incredible "S" have got an unofficial build of CM 11 which gives Android Kitkat ahead of CyanogenMod's official release. Incredible "S" got just a little bit of RAM more than the dinc.. I really hope that some creates a rom for dinc soon... Come on !!

They're not the same SOC so they're not that similar.

Also, this point sounds like begging or on the borderline of demanding. This device is nearly dead. There are nowhere near the resources there used to be.

With that said, the evervolv team is working on KitKat for similar devices. Inc support will probably be added once we can get it building.
    Just a heads up. I hope the developers will pay more attention towards the glitchy video Camera and the battery life.. I really hope Kitkat will be out soon..

Be glad the developers want to still work on ROMs. You could just buy a new phone if you want to not deal with bugs. Battery life is going to be best on this phone on CM7 or Sense. That's how it's going to be. The newer OS'es are a lot more resources intensive just to run things.