Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
Wow you guys are making me regret my purchase. Is the Z1S really that bad?

I'm keeping my Z1S only because after rebates and t-mobile's $100 account credit my purchase price works out to be $323

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
don't regret your purchase, I haven't gotten mine yet, but the phone seems solid. Some people just have different wants/needs in their devices.
for me, personally, I can't/won't live without an sd card slot in my phones.
I bought the t-mobile variant of the xperia z when that released, but quickly returned it due to the locked bootloader (and also for having gone through 3 defective devices in 3 days),
I bought the international US variant with an unlockable bootloader, afterwards.

but I have lived without root and with a relocked LB for a solid 2 months, so having a locked bootloader doesn't bug me as much as it initially did.
sony's stock experience is solid, so I can deal with, and actually enjoy stock and the options it offers.
although, i can't say how long i can last without getting the itch to flash something AOSP based, but I digress...

also.
I have a slightly stupid question with a bit of background info...

with the t-mobile xperia z (C6606), one could flash the FTF files from other variants of the xperia z.
can that be done with flashing z1 FTFs to t-mobile's z1s? if they are the same hardware, shouldn't it not be that risky?

I'm getting the z1s, so I'll have unwanted carrier bloatware for the first time in awhile, and root seems like a necessity..

I know it's slightly off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread..
thanks for any advice with my question.