Thread off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

air001

Jun 5, 2012
Purely theoretical, if someone made something from these sources, and he make an announcement in the forum about this something, and we get the download possibilities and instructions in PM with this does he made it public or not? Does it legal or illegal?

Last edited:

king960

Feb 4, 2013
Warsaw
I can't see any sense in producing something, saying it's working and deleting it from hdd.... It's simply making people struggling with locked bootloaders for almost 2 years, more mad than they used be... You almost have bugless roms, but locked bootloaders are still standing, locked permanently!!
Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Goldrake1

Jan 2, 2013
Santena TO italy
Why the thread off? The sony ericson died and xu whit here ! Cmon stop discussion whit are legal or not and build a rom for reanimate di xu (as a phoenix) !

Inviato dal mio Xperia U utilizzando Tapatalk

matood

Oct 8, 2009
If there will be really a problem, I am sure moderators will remove download links. It does not heppened till now, so why don't use it?

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: akkufix

Rodger_Rulez

Oct 1, 2012
All files have discription in which we can found information about the licence. It is Apache 2.
Read this:
2. Grant of Copyright License.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
What the problem?!

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Ok, about the legal issue, here is another point of view for the separation of ST and Ericsson.

Your parrents got married, build a house and after building the house, they get divorced.
Is the house automatically burnt down? Do they both lose the right to own that house?
If they separated, that doesn't mean they don't have the right to the things they built together. Same goes for ST and Ericssson. They both have rights to certain parts of the sources, products. That's why they had a settlement.

And none of you guys asked if the guy who shared the sources is ok. I mean I wonder if his job position is in danger or what will happen if they find out who shared the sources...

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I think its ilegal! I have deleted everything which I have downloaded yesterday. Good luck guys with development! Bye!

Last edited:

mirhl

Oct 15, 2012
for god sake, stop this
Code:
                                 Apache License
                           Version 2.0, January 2004
                        [url]http://www.apache.org/licenses/[/url]
Code:
Copyright (C) 2010, ST-Ericsson SA
Licence terms: 3-clause BSD
Code:
/*
 * Copyright (C) ST-Ericsson SA 2010. All rights reserved.
 * This code is ST-Ericsson proprietary and confidential.
 * Any use of the code for whatever purpose is subject to
 * specific written permission of ST-Ericsson SA.
 */
Every file is covered by one of those licenses

The first 2 are easily understandable
The last one is the one we should care of

Ericsson should be responsible of the modem/radio parts of the phone
Contact media.relations *@* ericsson.com (Ericsson Corporate Communications)

STMicroelectronics instead should be the owner of the remaining phone components
Contact nelly.dimey *@* st.com (STMicroelectronics Media Relations)

STM twitter.
STM press contacts.
STM Investor contact information
write them and post here only when you'll have news

monioo

Dec 31, 2012
Stop the mouning please!!
If there will be really some issues do you think xda will let this thread here with all download links?
2nd point, do you think st and ericsson don't know about this? They will take the action already.
I'm just kidding. This is "thread off" topic, haha... OP has removed all links already, his CEO changed mind or what?
If ST or Ericsson already knows about this, will it be a motivation to release missing sources officially?:good:

Last edited:

matood

Oct 8, 2009
I'm just kidding. This is "thread off" topic, haha... OP has removed all links already, his CEO changed mind or what?
If ST or Ericsson already knows about this, will it be a motivation to release missing sources?:good:

Links are still in thread, so only op removed them, he wrote dont upload just donwload, but everybody did something else, so he removed them I believe.

sharonliu

Dec 15, 2012
Taipei
xx214718247 was developing an smartphone OS in China . He can take STE-U8500 sourec codes from his team. xx214718247 says he would be willing to help all dev have the opportunity of taking any of these sourec codes. If most people think its ilegal, he will be closed thread and deleted latter. He did it all out of kindness. So, keep a low profile. You can pm him(his english is pretty limited,maybe you didn't get any response from him) or me, I will be sure to pass the message to him.

Links are still in thread, so only op removed them, he wrote dont upload just donwload, but everybody did something else, so he removed them I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    214718247@qq.com
    Download, please do not upload!

We know! Keep a low profile
    Guys, I am so sorry for my language yesterday, had a bad day, sorry! :good:
    I know that you are excited about this leak, but every leak, especially directly from manufacturer should be used wisely as nonchalant usage can bring some legal trouble and we all should avoid legal issues.

I'm closing this thread as there is no point in spreading misleading information. You should be very careful with leaks.

Thank you.

FSM Edit: I have deleted a few argumentative posts after it was closed
    Toledo_JAB
    XDA FSM
    Wau wau wau :) there is LK bootloader (litle kernel bootloader) for our device wau :victory: We have all low level things and probably we can hack our phone or at least we can create dedicated partition for recovery :cyclops:
    Sorry, I also recently from our Chinese manufacturers get! After obtain, share!