Or Continue to Thread: [HOW-TO] extract kernel from s…
Find Your Device:
29th January 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 215

441 posts
If you are a v500 user and want to build your own kernel!

First, read the above post as you will be following the steps listed there.

There are just a couple of changes that you will need to do, and maybe a riddle to figure out as well. Read on.

You will need to download the v500 source from here: https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...&osCategoryId=

Look for the LGV500 kernel source.

Where it says "palman" for the defconfig items, you will want to replace that with the defconfig for the 500, so replace palman with awifi-perf,
like this:

Code:
export KERNEL_DEFCONFIG=awifi-perf_defconfig
Code:
make awifi-perf_defconfig
Important

Follow the guide and build with the Google Toolchain eabi4.6 first
LG compiled for the 500 and 510 using the eabi4.6. It works, and will give you a feel for the process, and allow you to use your kernel.

Note*
I use the google toolchain eabi-4.7 for the sleekai kernels as it changes the gamma to reasonable defaults on the 510 without further tweaking. After compiling a kernel or two to get a feel for it, you should try using the 4.7 toolchain. To do so, you will probably need the libglibc libraries from the "testing" branch. Look it up.

caveat: I recieved a compile error for the v500 when I used the eabi-4.7 . . . . . yeah. You'll have to work that out.

There is a modified anykernel script for emmc devices out there (Search Google or here in xda). You will have to use the anykernel script after making your boot.emmc.win image as fastboot won't work on the 500. There may be another way .... But I don't know what it is.

Edit* There are now two different kernels for the LG GPad 8.3 V500(awifi) located in the development section of the forum.

Best of luck! -sleekmason
Last edited by sleekmason; 18th March 2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: for the 500
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ View ]