[ROM] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for Nook Color
The NookieDevs are pleased to announce CyanogenMod 11 nightly builds for the Nook Color!
builds contain the latest changes to CyanogenMod and to hardware support for the Nook Color. As the name suggests, new builds are made and posted (roughly) every day; these builds are fully automatic, with no testing done before posting. As CyanogenMod 11 is still under active development, regressions and general breakage are to be expected
in nightly builds!
- Linux kernel 3.0.101, plus hardware support from TI OmapZoom's android-omap3-3.0 branch and board support forward-ported from BN kernel releases.
- All of the features of CyanogenMod 11, based on Android 4.4. For Nook Color, this brings a reduced memory footprint, which leads to a better all-around user experience.
- Full 2D and 3D graphics acceleration using both the GPU and the display subsystem's hardware overlay acceleration (hwcomposer).
- Video playback is slower than on previous releases -- this is most noticeable when playing HD 720p video.
- Bluetooth is broken at the moment after changes for Qualcomm Bluetooth chipsets were merged into CyanogenMod.
- Current releases of Netflix do not work with CM10.2 -- version 1.8.1 is the last version known to work. If you want/need a newer release of Netflix, look into the Xposed mod, which provides a workaround for Netflix -- pastordl has done a nice writeup of the process here.
- ART (the experimental Android runtime introduced in 4.4) is not supported -- if you enable it, your system will not boot. (Workarounds may exist, but they are not going to be officially supported either -- use them at your own risk.)
Note that an updated recovery is required to install CM11
. ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52 and newer versions should work, as should other recoveries provided the required changes are included. (Ask the maintainer of the recovery if you're not sure.) NOTE: Do not use ClockworkMod 6.0.3.x builds older than 184.108.40.206, as they contain a bug which may brick your device!
(manifest for the rest of the CyanogenMod source)
(discussion of build issues belongs in the development thread
This release is the product of much effort by many people over a considerable period: many thanks to fattire, keyodi, eyeballer, krylon360, dalingrin, verygreen, iomonster, nemith, cicadaman, deeper-blue, thedude, mad-murdock, j4mm3r, unforgiven512, scepterr, rebellos, ryands, kmobs, tonsofquestions, hashcode, arcee, hacdan, drmarble, mateor, dhiru1602 and many more. Thanks are also due to the CyanogenMod project, upon which we are building, and Texas Instruments, which historically provided excellent support for its embedded platforms to the open-source hacking community.
CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds, ROM for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color
, The CyanogenMod Project, NookieDevs, many others (see post)
ROM OS Version: