Default Tarball for easy rooting with Linux

First of all, many thanks for your great work!

I created a collection of files that should make rooting the Nook with Linux a breeze. It contains the files needed to boot cwm using the x-loader-usb method provided by straygecko and a couple of scripts I mostly took from NookManager and modified according to my needs, plus (also from NookManager) the binary files to be installed on the Nook.

There are scripts to boot cwm, patch the uRamdisk for ADB, install busybox, su, ReLaunch, enable non-market apps, disable and re-enable all B&N apps, and some more.

There is also a script that patches the uRamdisk to make /sdcard a symlink to /data/media, since some apps (notably recent versions of CoolReader) need an SD card present to work properly and there is enough space at /data. I haven't encountered any problems with this approach yet. Comments are very much appreciated.

Last but not least there is a detailed README file. Make sure to read it carefully. It contains (among others) a section on how to setup ADB on Linux and, most importantly, tells you what the scripts do, how to use them, and whether they have any additional dependencies you need to install on your computer.

I used these scripts several times successfully to root my Nook and I hope they will be helpful for other people as well.

Edit 2014-02-04:
  • Add a script to check for necessary tools and libraries and document in the README
  • Add note about yiselieren's problems with USB 3.0 to the README
  • Add note about the libusb-0.1 dependency

Edit 2014-02-02: Update README: At one point it said "hyphens" where it should have said "quotes"
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 ng2-root-2014-02-04.tar.bz2 - [Click for QR Code] (6.74 MB, 244 views)