Canadian Galaxy Note 3 Users

Search This thread

Girn

Dec 20, 2009
I haven't been in the loop for a while. Is 4.4.2 out for NA yet? Or are ppl flashing leaked builds

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sepehr70

Jan 26, 2014
how to work with SM-N9005 on Wind???

i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada (Wind mobile) , and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Wind sim card???

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

The take home message from these posts (links below) is that theoretically, an unlocked T-Mobile version will work with all 3 major and 2 minor Canadian carriers' 2G, 3G and 4G frequencies including AWS (1700/2100 Mhz) and LTE 2600 MHz.

[Q] Which USA Note 3 Variant to get?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45794297#post45794297
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45807074#post45807074

Galaxy Note 3 AWS 1700/2100 Users Thread (T-mobile, Windmobile, Mobilicity)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46032280#post46032280

Differences in GN3 by Carriers
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45917884#post45917884

Robellus should get the AT&T version and Windilicity should get T-Mobile. That's what they have traditionally done. Canadian carriers will most likely SIM-lock and have their own distinct retail packaging.

An unlocked T Mobile version is completely compatible with AT&T 2G/3G/4G (but not the other way around) for all you roamers. The T Mobile version is significantly compatible with Verizion and Sprint as well (see details in the first 3 links). In the fourth link, you can also see why the International Version N9005 will not work on the more desirable 3G/4G frequencies in North America, so caution getting that one. OTOH, because all North American versions support Band 1 2100 Mhz, you will get at least 3G in most parts of the world.

In many other threads, there is mention of Negri Electronics out of Las Vegas. Apparently, they sell unlocked T Mobile models for $689 USD. I have no vested interest in Negri Electronics nor have I any dealings with them; they just seem to be mentioned quite frequently on this forum. I signed up for newsletters from Negri recently and got a $10 off coupon. I'm uncertain what is their policy regarding shipping to Canada. Current exchange rate makes it competitively priced or better for the product per se.

i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada ( on Wind) , and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Wind sim card???
it's already region Unlocked and I get the network bars, but it's not working with wind. what can I do?

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
are you sure that the model that you have supports WIND frequencies?
typically you would need a penta-band phone to run on WIND/mobilicity

i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada (Wind mobile) , and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Wind sim card???

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada ( on Wind) , and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Wind sim card???
it's already region Unlocked and I get the network bars, but it's not working with wind. what can I do?

ytwytw

Nov 15, 2008
Toronto, ON
i need some advice.

i need some advice.

N9005 wont work on Wind or Mobilicity, It doesnt have AWS support

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Last edited:

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Where did you read about the ability to install a kernel while keeping KNOX at 0?

Because I did so myself.

3KrZtMZ.jpg

dgRT8FY.jpg

Xou8rWA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hogins

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Whats the best method to root without tripping knox?

I used the first link and followed it all the way to the end. Make sure you flash CF-AutoRoot first in AP, reboot, then flash CWM in AP again (it doesn't specify, so I just might as well tell you)

hey, is the 4.4.2 rom for mexico, official one, or leak one?

For Mexico should be the leak firmware. BUT! If you are replacing the ROM (Flashing in CWM) it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you have the leaked BOOTLOADER, which allows you to downgrade/flash CWM without tripping KNOX, as shown in my previous post with the 3 pictures.

Reactions: redz1234

LimitsX

Nov 14, 2010
I used the first link and followed it all the way to the end. Make sure you flash CF-AutoRoot first in AP, reboot, then flash CWM in AP again (it doesn't specify, so I just might as well tell you)

For Mexico should be the leak firmware. BUT! If you are replacing the ROM (Flashing in CWM) it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you have the leaked BOOTLOADER, which allows you to downgrade/flash CWM without tripping KNOX, as shown in my previous post with the 3 pictures.

Oh

I don't have Galaxy Note 3...yet, so i was debating to get it or nexus 5. im coming from S4.

So you can flash custom roms/kernel/and recovery and won't trip the Knox??

Also, does Rogers/bell Galaxy Note 3 (unlocked) will work on Wind-mobile?? it is penta-band plus LTE?

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Oh

I don't have Galaxy Note 3...yet, so i was debating to get it or nexus 5. im coming from S4.

So you can flash custom roms/kernel/and recovery and won't trip the Knox??

Also, does Rogers/bell Galaxy Note 3 (unlocked) will work on Wind-mobile?? it is penta-band plus LTE?

If you want to get the Note 3 and root it without tripping KNOX, you have to get it before 4.4 officially releases in Canada.

Yes, they will work on Wind Mobile. Not sure about the last questions, search in the thread.

LimitsX

Nov 14, 2010
If you want to get the Note 3 and root it without tripping KNOX, you have to get it before 4.4 officially releases in Canada.

Yes, they will work on Wind Mobile. Not sure about the last questions, search in the thread.

So I can flash custom recovery, kernel, and roms without tripping KNOX for sure?

and thank you! btw, is there any Rogers logo on the front of Note 3 and back cover? Also, is it possible to easily debloat of rogers junk, samsung, and some of google apps?

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
So I can flash custom recovery, kernel, and roms without tripping KNOX for sure?

and thank you! btw, is there any Rogers logo on the front of Note 3 and back cover? Also, is it possible to easily debloat of rogers junk, samsung, and some of google apps?

In the case that you follow the instructions in the first link of my sig's link, everything should go fine.

There's no Rogers logo anywhere, the only difference between our phones and the SM-N9005 is that you don't get the model number on the boot screen when you turn on your phone, which I think, looks waaaaaaay better than the international version.

To debloat, you can use the debloat script, but you wouldn't need to because there aren't many/any Rogers bloat anyways.

Reactions: LimitsX

redz1234

Jul 16, 2007
Manitoba
In the case that you follow the instructions in the first link of my sig's link, everything should go fine.

There's no Rogers logo anywhere, the only difference between our phones and the SM-N9005 is that you don't get the model number on the boot screen when you turn on your phone, which I think, looks waaaaaaay better than the international version.

To debloat, you can use the debloat script, but you wouldn't need to because there aren't many/any Rogers bloat anyways.

Just to confirm.. Are you using the following..

Rom- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472301
X-Note_Aroma_Build_8.0_NA6_KitKat_Public.zip

Kernel- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2613305
CivZ-KatTurbine-Rev1.0-sm_n9005-4.4.2.zip

Just wanna make sure I'm flashing the right files... Thx!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts