[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qcom Intl Galaxy S4 (jflte)

Search This thread

zeus85

Nov 6, 2013
Cool thanks, the last one I tried it was still doing it so I've avoided updating for a while LOL

Yeah it got me the only time I forgot to make a backup now I make sure iv always got a backup to avoid doing a full clean install

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thomasskals

Mar 12, 2007
google search bar

Hi !
I just installed CM11 ..... is there at way to uninstall the google search bar, and use the space.

Thanks

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
BUMP

I have made some testing regarding Mail App and server settings, showing that
POP3 Incoming Server setting "Never delete on server" isn't respected!

Every mail I delete using CM11 stock mail app, is deleted on server as well :eek:

Simple test to reproduce:
  • In Mail Settings --> account --> Incoming Server --> Delete from Server ... set it to "Never".
  • Send a mail from whatever account.
  • Open in CM11 Mail client and delete the mail.
  • Open primary Mail client on PC ... and mail will never show up because it's deleted from server.

This IS NOT what I expected!

Found this from another thread confirming my finding: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48886867&postcount=1526

This from my Mailserver log:
"POP3D" 1684 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:13.106" "SENT: +OK mittaa.dk. Welcome"
"POP3D" 1652 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:13.586" "RECEIVED: CAPA"
"POP3D" 1652 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:13.596" "SENT: +OK CAPA list follows[nl]USER[nl]UIDL[nl]TOP[nl]."
"POP3D" 2032 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:13.906" "RECEIVED: USER (my email adresse)"
"POP3D" 2032 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:13.906" "SENT: +OK Send your password"
"POP3D" 1672 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.276" "RECEIVED: PASS ***"
"POP3D" 1672 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.286" "SENT: +OK Mailbox locked and ready"
"POP3D" 1856 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.616" "RECEIVED: STAT"
"POP3D" 1856 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.626" "SENT: +OK 1 2751"
"POP3D" 304 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.966" "RECEIVED: UIDL"
"POP3D" 304 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:14.976" "SENT: +OK 1 messages (2751 octets)[nl]1 14181[nl]."
"POP3D" 416 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:15.366" "RECEIVED: DELE 1"
"POP3D" 416 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:15.376" "SENT: +OK msg deleted"
"POP3D" 1784 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:15.716" "RECEIVED: UIDL"
"POP3D" 1784 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:15.716" "SENT: +OK 0 messages (0 octets)[nl]."
"POP3D" 2032 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:16.076" "RECEIVED: QUIT"
"POP3D" 2032 2973 "2014-02-07 14:32:16.086" "SENT: +OK POP3 server saying goodbye..."

Last edited:

SP33DY89

Jul 18, 2012
Still getting random freezes....

Anyone been able to work out what is causing the random freezes??? I tried KT kernal and that didn't solve the issue. I tried a full wipe and re-flash. Still same problem. Didn't seem happen with blank ROM. Seems to start when you start adding personal widgets and apps. I have had random freezes in the following places.
3D games
Notification bar pull down
Home screen (previews)
Facebook app ( scrolling up/down)

Also randomly when my screen is off my notification tone sounds laggy. This is very rare and only happens say... Once a week? I can't login to my Google calendar (so I can get all my calendar events added) it just won't work??

Reactions: iamnotkurtcobain
D

Deleted member 5638945

will just ask, do i really need to update to new version everyday? and is it required to wipe data every new version? its nightly and i dont want to wipe everyday :(

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Anyone been able to work out what is causing the random freezes??? I tried KT kernal and that didn't solve the issue. I tried a full wipe and re-flash. Still same problem. Didn't seem happen with blank ROM. Seems to start when you start adding personal widgets and apps. I have had random freezes in the following places.
3D games
Home screen (previews)

Also randomly when my screen is off my notification tone sounds laggy. This is very rare and only happens say... Once a week? I can't login to my Google calendar (so I can get all my calendar events added) it just won't work??

+1
I'm sure it's gpu/adreno and or hw composer related. I hope they fix this...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

trixnix

Mar 22, 2010
Quezon City
im not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, im sorry. cant helped it.

how can i disable the hardware keys (back/home/menu) buttons?

im planning to use navigation bars bcoz i miss them, via Gravitybox KK Xposed Module.

i've search thru google and manually disable in keylayout in root explorer but without any luck it seems i cant disable them?

Bejda

Feb 12, 2011
i dont understand you. does it mean i can ignore update if i dont like? oh well. the 06 build is stable, i think i wont update for a while ;)
You can flash every new nightly without wiping anything.
You can wipe stuffs if you feel the need.
You can skip a new nightly if you don't feel like flashing,are happy with what you have and/or changelog doesn't interest you.

Matt-24

Jan 4, 2014
How many hours of screen on time are you getting with the stock kernel?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
im not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, im sorry. cant helped it.

how can i disable the hardware keys (back/home/menu) buttons?

im planning to use navigation bars bcoz i miss them, via Gravitybox KK Xposed Module.

i've search thru google and manually disable in keylayout in root explorer but without any luck it seems i cant disable them?

Here's a zip file I use to do it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9hr7w0tbjbrns6/Navigation_keys.zip
Just flash it. You can extract it if you want see how it's done.

Sent from my GT-I9505

fjuniper

Dec 19, 2010
Bristol
Just got my new i9505 yesterday and am wondering which ROM to try. Is there a feature list for CM11? Like the Feature Highlight for GravityBox. I have been very pleased with PURITY on my Galaxy Nexus and would be happy with its features.

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
3D games
Home screen (previews)

I have no idea what is causing them, but I do not have that problem any more. I was switching kernels and parameters for all possible tunables, from entropy, file system writ back delay, GPU OC, changing default value, to mostly tweaking interactive, what CPU considers and more. Aand I was not able to identify the issue. But I think the freezes were happening more with default CM kernel, and Chronic, then with KT.

Try playing with entropy (with KT default values are too high, CM ones maybe too low. You can do this with Android tuner free app.) , disabling hardware overlays in developer options, setting GPU default (When idle.) frequency to at least 200 and lower timer rate of your CPU governor to 20000, if you use interactive, or another governor where default is higher.

As I said, I hadn't a freeze for a while now, but have really no idea about the real cause, and if any of my settings have anything to do with it...
I have also swtiched to noop scheduler, and I'm mentioning that only for the sake of completeness. Maybe the mixture of all parameter values is the result for why I'm getting no more freezes... Don't know. Anyway I'm really glad it is not happening any more. I was thinking about switching to GE ROM, but give up on that, since it looks like the issue has fixed it self...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

gadgetuk99

Oct 29, 2007
Any one notice in last couple nightlies that viper4 android has to have driver reinstalled when crashing in a video ?
Btw I don't change anything and use the same kernel that's it's got built in

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?
    Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    I want to request to become the new maintainer but still don't know how, who I should contact...
    @invisiblek can you give me some straight?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    I'm confident we have a winner here.
    All changes have been pushed.
    Next nightly will have the goods.
    Thanks for all the help testing everyone!
    @invisiblek,
    I wonder if currently the developer or rom mainteiner for S4 need people to test the nightly to report about the random reboots issue or sending logs or they know already the basic information to investigate. I suppose should be possible to indentify which day the issue has started and which commit is the "guilty". Just to know. Sorry if I miss some information on this thread.
    Thanks

If anyone can give me a consistent way to reproduce it, that's about the best information I can hope for right now. The reboots are so random and spaced apart that anything we try to do to fix it, can't be proven right or wrong for at minimum a day. This, as you can imagine, is incredibly time-consuming.

Little background. It's not just a matter of reverting one commit, this particular issue is a side effect of the new kernel base we switched to shortly after the M9 release. We had two reboot bugs (at the time we thought only one). We fixed one (the one that was reproducable within 10-15 minutes), and didn't have reboots for a day or two and said "ok, shipit!". Later we learned we had this other one and its quite a bit tougher to nail down, because we can't make it happen very often. Logs are all the same, its always failing at the same spot, so none of that's really of much help to us.

Rest assured its being worked on. I have some ideas too, but as I said testing is slow because of the nature of this bug.

If you want it stable, stick the M9 (or whatever nightly people are saying works).