Increase RAM Size by swapping your s6810 :) !
By default, Galaxy Fame only comes with 100MB for RAM swapping (545MB total RAM)... now it's time to change that
Note: I installed PurePerformancesX on the phone, but you can try without installing that.
Changing RAM Swap size on s6810:
from the store, open it and press Ads Off
Press Left touch button on the phone to show Settings
tab and change next options:
- Run Swapper at Startup > must be turned on.
- Swappiness > User preference (I set 100 and everything is going smooth & faster!)
Now choose only one of the following methods:
METHOD 1: Simple File Usage:
METHOD 2: External SD Partition Usage:
- Type in Swap place: /storage/extSdCard/swapfile.swp (this will make a swap file on external SD Card).
- Swap Size > User preference (I set 196MB, so my total RAM will be around 735MB... you can set more size!)
- Safe Unmount > turn on.
- Safe Remount > turn on.
You must have 2 primary partitions
on your SD Card: [FAT][Linux Swap]
where [Linux Swap]
partition will be your swap partition.
Go to Advanced Preferences
and change next options:
- Use Swap Partition: must be turned on.
- Type in Swap Partition: /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
- Recreate Swap: turn off
- Reformat Swap: turn off
After finishing any method, go back to main screen and press ON
button. Wait a few seconds to finish... magic is done!!!
If none of both methods worked for you, then try this method:
METHOD 3: Full ZRAM Usage & Swap Partition:
This method doesn't require Swapper2, but it requires both primary partitions [FAT]+[Linux Swap]
on your SD Card.
It uses an advanced script to improve your Zram usage from 100MB to 140MB
Personally, I use this method since it looks like it's the best one in terms of performance & speed.
- Uninstall Swapper2 (if you already installed it) and reboot your phone.
- Download & install SManager app.
- Download the attached script from below or just press [HERE] and unzip it.
- Open SManager and choose that script.
- On script settings activate Android Pirate (SU) and Gear (Boot) icons & press Save.
- Reboot, wait for boot changes & enjoy more RAM !
PS. Press "Thanks
" button if you find this very useful