Quote:
Originally Posted by perspex View Post
Hey guys,
I have little knowledge about phones, rooting, custom firmwares, roms and stuff. So help me out here please. I recently updated my xperia Z to the official 4.3 update and my phone was rooted at this time.

So i updated my phone without any hassle, my phone got unrooted and a whole bunch of problems started happening. After the update half my apps don't work anymore especially the stock apps, whenever i open album,movies it closes the app and says "unfortuantely album/movies has stopped".

It's even happening with games liek subway surfers stopped working, the games that require me to connect to google games or something doesn't connect. It's a really frustrating problem, but other stock apps like walkman and camera are working fine. Track Id is having the same problem. It's really weird and annoying.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this.
I think the only thing to fix this is to do a fresh install. you will have to reinstall everything and likely hope you have save files etc for important stuff. Either use flashtool or a repair is PC companion
Phones:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (Broken)
Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 (broken USB connector)
running FreeX10 2.2.1
HTC Inspire 4G (Has weird sim card reader issue)
running Sabsa Prime ICS 4.0.3
Motorola Atrix 4G
running CM10 JB
Sony Xperia Ion
Running Stock ROM
Sony Xperia Z (purple ;])
Running Stock Rom

Tablet:
ASUS Eee Pad transformer
Running Team EOS Nightlies JB 4.1.2