[JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader

Search This thread

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Is there any way we can just flash the bootloader and boot.img using ODIN instead of flashing the entire Rom?

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Ia m trying to figure out how if flashing via ODIN different from flashing via CWM or TWRP.
I do know that ODIN directly dumps the raw images on to the device whereas CWM or TWRP have to use the existing kernel to flash.
The same package is working fine via PC ODIN but not via update.zip.
I was able to flash the flashable zip from post#2 using mobile ODIN.
If you have mobile odin pro you can try flashing the zip file and let me know if wifi still does not work.

Last edited:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
You mean the tz.img image and the kernel ? coz the idea is to exclude the newer bootloader.
If you want I can create an odin package with just these two components.

Yes thats what I meant. When I get my laptop back im gonna try and flash it via odin while on DN3. Maybe I'll hit up my moms house and use her outdated Windows Machine...

Reactions: ciphercodes

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Yes thats what I meant. When I get my laptop back im gonna try and flash it via odin while on DN3. Maybe I'll hit up my moms house and use her outdated Windows Machine...

Sorry, looks like you will have to use PC odin, If you are planning on PC odin then I would recommend you flash the file from post#1.
When I flashed the zip file from post#2 I noticed that the keyboard does not show the special characters along with regular characters, special characters are displayed only after pressing the SYM key, see attached images.

Attachments

• keyboard-odin.jpg
    keyboard-odin.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 297
  • keyboard-flashable-zip.jpg
    keyboard-flashable-zip.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 296

SKi4life

Oct 6, 2010
Flashed with pc Odin, works fine long with wifi out the gate. Debating on flashing the rom to remove the bloat. Do I need to pc Odin that also?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ciphercodes

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
This ROM is already debloated and the debloated apps are listed in the first post.
You do not have to flash anything else.

If you want to debloat or further you can manually remove apps from /system/app directory but just be careful on what you delete.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

susy1990

Sep 16, 2012
Miami, FL
Can't install :(

I tried installing this rom with PC Odin and it fails every time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :( I tried installing it with Odin v 3.09 and I left the Auto Reboot and F Reset time boxes checked. When I try to flash the rom, I click on AP and then click on the tar file and then click start but it keeps failing. Not sure if there is a step I'm missing...

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
What error message do you get ?

Try extracting the tar.md5 file, if it extracts then the file is good.

Try to flash with any older version of odin
or with a different USB cable.

JDM Civic EG8

Sep 16, 2010
Houston
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sorry if i'm asking a question thats already been answered. I just picked up this phone a few days ago and ready to root it. All I have to do is flash this in Pc Odin and when i boot into the rom flash a recovery via gooIM and i'll be good to go? My phone is still on 4.1.2

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Yes, you got it right.
Flashing TWRP via goo manager is optional and it's up to you to install it or not. It's always helpful to have a custom recovery.

Reactions: JDM Civic EG8

homerxd

Aug 18, 2011
I followed these steps when doing Odin flash.

1. Extract md5 file from tar.
2. Start Odin
3. Click on PDA button and select md5 file
4. Put phone in download mode
5. Connect USB
6. Start flash when I see a message that conveys phone is connected.

It worked fine for me. Wifi worked without any modifications. Thanks for this rom.

I had to do factory reset from recovery after flash.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Hi,
Just curious to know why you had to factory reset ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is 4.3 JB Stock ROM T889UVUCMK7 which is packed with T889TMBBMD1 bootloader.

Please Note: If you are already on 4.3 (T889UVUCMK7) with KNOX enabled bootloader.
    - DO NOT try to flash this ROM using odin from your pc, you will end up with an error.
    - If you are looking for stock rooted ROM then either flash the flashable zip from post# 2 or MrRobinson's ROM.

Please see below on how this differs from Stock T889UVUCMK7.
    Changes:
    1) Replaced the KNOX enabled bootloader (T889UVUCMK7) with a previous (T889TMBBMD1) bootloader.
    2) Manually rooted
    3) Removed any known KNOX applications and files (listed below)
    4) Debloated - (applications are listed below), almost all applications which are removed can be easily downloaded from the Google Play store. If it's not there let me know I can upload it here.

Questions:
    1) Who should/can install this ROM ?
    - Primarily, users who are still on 4.1.2 and would like to try the 4.3 without having to worry about the bootloader with KNOX. You can easily revert back to any previous ROM as this bootloader does not have any downgrading restrictions.
    - Users who do not have mobile odin and would like to update to 4.3 using PC odin and not worry about KNOX bootloader.
    - Users who still want to be on the old bootloader, stick to the Stock kernel and do not want to flash any patch.

2) How to install it ?
    - Download and extract the file, and flash the md5 file using ODIN.

3) Battery life ?
    - Same as stock as this is the Stock ROM.

4) Do I need to wipe/data ?
    - Not required but always recommended when switching ROM's.

5) Does Wifi work ? Do I have to flash any patch or custom kernel ?
    - Yes, Wifi works.
    - No, You do not have to flash any patch or any custom kernel.

6) Are there any known issues, error's?
    - I flashed this using pc odin, manually cleared dalvik cache and so far I haven't noticed any issues.

7) Will there be any support for this ROM?
    - This is a stock ROM. I have simply assembled ROM components and packed them together with few changes which are listed above. I am not a developer but an android user just like you, If there are any issues I can try to work with you to get them resolved.

KNOX Files which have been removed:
    Code:
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStub.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.odex
    	/system/containers/ --> directory
    	/system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
    	/system/lib/libknoxdrawglfunction.so

Debloated: Applications which have been removed.
    Code:
    AccessTmobile_TMO.apk
    AmazonShopping_TMO.apk
    Books.apk
    ChatON_MARKET.apk
    com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
    ContainerAgent.apk
    ContainerAgent.odex
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex
    ECID-release_TMO.apk
    gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk
    Hangouts.apk -> Did not plan to but deleted by mistake. You can downlaod it from Google Play.
    HelpHub.apk
    HelpHub.odex
    Highlight_TMO.apk
    KLMSAgent.apk
    KLMSAgent.odex
    Magazines.apk
    NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk
    PlayGames.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungBooks_HD.apk
    SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk
    SamsungHub_land.apk
    SamsungHubUpdater.apk
    SamsungLink18.apk
    SamsungMusic10P.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungVideoLITE.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk
    TMServerApp.apk
    TMServerApp.odex
    Videos.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.odex
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.odex
    YahoostockDaemon.apk
    YahoostockDaemon.odex
    YahoostockWidget.apk
    YahoostockWidget.odex

See post# 2 for flashable zip.

Standard Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. even though it's hard to brick a Samsung phone it's still possible.

Credits:
    Chainfire - For SU application.
    MrRobinsons - Used the links from his S3 forum to learn how to manually root. Had to do it differently for 4.3 but that was still the starting point.
    XDA

Download Link - PC ODIN: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2zis2xac6dawaq/T889_MK7_Stock.tar.7z

Update: 11/30/2014 - Attached default music player apk files.
    T889UVUMK7 - Flashable ZIP

Update: 02/08/2014
    Its been reported that wifi does not work after flashing the zip. Please try the PC ODIN version from first post.

Update: 02/06/2014
    I was able to create this flashable zip!
    The zip file includes
    /system - Ofcourse,
    META-INF - It includes the update-binary, updater-script (which I had to learn and write) and default certs.
    boot.img - Latest(MK7) Kernel
    modem.bin - Latest(MK7) Modem
    tz.img - This was extracted from stock (MK7)ROM, without this the wifi will not work.
    flash-image - This is used to flash the modem

I flashed this using TWRP and mobile ODIN and so far everything looks good.
    It should work on CWM too.

To flash:
    1) Downlaod the zip file from this post.
    2) Copy the zip file on root folder of your sd-card(recommended).
    3) Reboot int to recovery (turn off phone then hold Vol up + home then press home).
    4) Select Install and then select the zip file.
    5) Flash and then reboot once done.
    6) Clearing dalvick cache is always recommended after you update or switch ROMS.

I have included status indicators to let you know what's happening.
    It takes less than two minutes (1min 55sec) to complete.

Please let me know if for some reason this does not work for you.

Credits:
    - Everyone who has written guides on Updater-Scripts, dsixda for Android Kitchen.
    - My phone, who did not complain even though I flashed it between 10-15 times within last 24 hours.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rukjgd5t3hlxvk2/T889UVUMK7_Flashable.zip
    Sorry for the double post but I have figured out the issue and decided it warrants the post by itself. I have cross checked several roms (tmobile/sprint/att) and noticed that it is not the ssuggest_j_deviceonly.apk that is responsible. The file needed for the for the spen (or S pen) lasso /grab/crop image functionality to work is the SuggestionService.apk

Paste it into /system/app and restart. done.

P.S.
    @ciphercodes

I am curious how did you make wifi / Kernel work with the older, non-knox bootloader? Is the kernel used in this build modified?

Thank you!
    Updated op with flashable zip.
    I used dsixda's Android Kitchen to create the flashable zip.
    I simply placed the system.img and boot.img in to the original folder then created a working folder.
    zipaligned all apk's and then signed and built ROM.

I tried flashing this via mobile odin but it failed, I then tried flashing this via TWRP and it worked fine.
    I only selected wipe cache and dalvick cache options.

Please note I did not format data and system before flashing this via TWRP.
    If for some reason this zip does not work for you then you will have to flash the tar.md5 file from OP.

It will be helpful if anyone with a full backup (so that you can revert if there are any issues) can try to flash and test this.
    Thank you.
    Finally took the plunge to move from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and also get LTE. Was pretty impressive to see almost 21 Mbps clocked in the boonies where 4 to 5 mbps was the norm.

Have few small issues like Playstore along with a few apps flubbing which is no biggie and can be fixed
    Thanks once again.