Storage Official Nexus 5 Wireless Charger, First Impressions.

I had the tilted wireless charger already (link bellow) but decided to get the official wireless charger as well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611246

Of course its a lot better made then the Chinese charger but is it better in usability and charging speed?

With the Chinese charger I was using the stock nexus charger and cable because they are much better then the cables that came with the charger, more detail in the link bellow
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116

The info you need to know is that the OEM nexus charger and cable put out about 1000-1100mA while the same cable paired with a samsung 2a block was able to push past 1600mA but not keep it there, leveling out at 1200mA. The OEM block and cable with Chinese charger puts out between 650mA and 730mA

So how does the official Nexus charger compare?
Well to start I tested the new cable with the OEM block and it was putting out just over 1100mA, so we know the cable is better then the OEM cable. Then I tested the new cable with the block that comes with it and got a steady 1600mA and it didnt drop. Now the block itself doesn't say anything on it as to what it puts out, but the charger base says 1.8a, is that what the block puts out? Regardless the block is much better then the Samsung 2a block.
I don't use a case so the phone on the charger itself puts out only a little bit more then Chinese charger keeping a steady 768mA. Now it can drop below and above that number but it really likes 768mA. So while it does have a great cable and block, if all you care about is speed then charger itself is a little faster but not by much compared to the Chinese charger.

As far as usability, I cant get the nexus charger to miss. I can throw it on and it connects every time. With the Chinese one it didn't always connect and i had to make sure i got it in the right spot and make sure, even if I heard the noise, that it didn't disconnect and was actually charging. With the nexus charger I feel confident that the magnets are lining it up and it gets a good connection every time.

As and added bonus, I have heard a lot about how you could possibly charge while vertical attached to a wall. I decided to try this and I can attest that the weak link will be the charger holding the wall not the charger holding the phone, as long as you don't use a case like me. The magnets are more then strong enough to hold the phone vertically, in fact they are more then strong enough to hold it upside down, I tried! The pad that sticks to the surface is just as strong as I've been hearing as well. I literately just slapped it on the wall and then threw the phone up and its holding thus far. I have it only a few inches above my night stand and will update if it falls, but so far it has held up to me taking the phone off and on about 50 times with no issue. I'm not sure how it would hold up as a car mount, only because I don't know how the sticky part of the base would hold up to extreme hot and cold. I image it would probably fall, especially if completely vertical.

I would definitely recommend the Nexus charger over a Chinese one. I you have the $50 then its a no brainier, it was even a couple bucks cheaper then that on amazon and my prime membership got it here on Monday when i ordered on Saturday afternoon. If you only have $13 bucks and don't mind waiting 3 or more weeks then Chinese one charges almost as fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00016.jpg
Views:	1501
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	2587515  
HTC HD2 --- UD rom --- Cracked screen still works, don't use.
HTC Amaze 4g --- CM10.1 JB nightly.
LG Nexus 5 --- Stock