WM6.5.5|101m|6.5 kernel|Full Roms By jjblaster3|upd 23529|translatable|16/Feb/2010

Search This thread

mnstr

try the following(on the phone) :
first go to connection settings, open usb to pc and then uncheck the last option starting with "ask me first about usb...."
then re-boot, but do not connect the cable until the phone fully loads up (ie untill manila executes properly)
then try connecting to the pc, i think that will solve. (sometimes if u connect the cable before the phone completely boots up it freezes, therefore nt allowing syncronization)

hope this helps :)

oh btw, as a last resort (if the above didnt work) flash to stock rom and then to my rom again, then perform the above steps.

Alas, first tried your first suggestion (without falling back to stock rom), but that didn't do the trick. I am now installing a stock rom and will find out in a few minutes whether the pda and pc can sync once again on this stock rom. Keepin'my fingers crossed :)

Now I have the 6.1 stock-rom back on the phone. It's been a while since I saw that interface and althought the phone is very fast now, I still want to go back to Manilla 2D and all the goodies JBlaster3's ROM is providing us. So am gonna try the 28004 (or maybe 28005 again) full version and see if synchronising is working this time....

Last edited:

Iced Coffee

May 24, 2007
Download:
28005 full

-XDA_UC included in rom, read here to see how it works and other stuff updated here

I don't know why XDA_UC does not work this time though I have HR several times to try to get it run. I did load stock rom before flashing this 28005, and XDA_UC did work well for me with earlier jj roms.:confused::confused:

Last edited:

jjblaster3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Alas, first tried your first suggestion (without falling back to stock rom), but that didn't do the trick. I am now installing a stock rom and will find out in a few minutes whether the pda and pc can sync once again on this stock rom. Keepin'my fingers crossed :)

Now I have the 6.1 stock-rom back on the phone. It's been a while since I saw that interface and althought the phone is very fast now, I still want to go back to Manilla 2D and all the goodies JBlaster3's ROM is providing us. So am gonna try the 28004 (or maybe 28005 again) full version and see if synchronising is working this time....

alright, if it doesnt work out let me know.

I don't know why XDA_UC does not work this time though I have HR several times to try to get it run. I did load stock rom before flashing this 28005, and XDA_UC did work well for me with earlier jj roms.:confused::confused:

im sure u kno tht it runs on 2nd boot (since u used it be4) so make sure u dnt perform any softresets that can interrupt the procedure.
as the phone fully loads it might have launched but maybe got stuck in the background, try checking with the taskmanager (sometimes it is hidden behind manila so its very hard to notice)
the last option would be to navigate to windows/startup (on 2nd boot that is) and check if it is present there, then maybe you can try launching it from there.

-I always use xda_uc to install tilt keyboard fix + esmertec jbed (sd version(i flash alot so that helps avoiding losing the java applets)) so if it didnt work for me i would've been the first to notice ;)

jjblaster3

Jan 4, 2009
JJblaster3 may I ask which base kitchen you cook with? I've gone through plenty of kitchen tutorials on older kitchens and the wm6.5 kitchen from >here< but they all seem to be quite outdated.
I've been trying to find the latest 6.5 or 6.5.3 if there is such a thing. Or is there a way to edit other people's cooked roms, and that's how people do them? Any help is appreciated.

the base kitchen is tpc kitchen (a bit of modifications in oem to get d3d working), the best place to get a basic idea of cooking is from the link u posted.
as for getting updated builds, first u gotta learn how to add them to the kitchen (also found within the linked thread) and you can get them from da_g's big thread here (some updates which da_g does not release are found within the posts thanks to others).

-editing roms cooked by people might not be possible (since most of them are protected) but you can edit a stock rom (for eg mega official rom if u wanna get the ext packages) and the only way to do that is by dumping it and then rebuilding (just like building a new rom)

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
the base kitchen is tpc kitchen (a bit of modifications in oem to get d3d working), the best place to get a basic idea of cooking is from the link u posted.
as for getting updated builds, first u gotta learn how to add them to the kitchen (also found within the linked thread) and you can get them from da_g's big thread here (some updates which da_g does not release are found within the posts thanks to others).

-editing roms cooked by people might not be possible (since most of them are protected) but you can edit a stock rom (for eg mega official rom if u wanna get the ext packages) and the only way to do that is by dumping it and then rebuilding (just like building a new rom)

As always thanks for the info. I've cooked a few already, so steady progress. Just hope my phone doesn't end up as a smoking pile of molten plastic in a few days. :)

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina
28005...with no data, no calls, no weather, no anything but waking from sleep to check status and battery has dropped 17% in the past hour. Tried tweaks and cab, but something is just sucking the power out of this baby.

david2327

Jan 7, 2008
valdosta ga
NIIIIICE!

This rom so far seems to be really stable so I'm really digging that... but the battery life so far is pretty crappy. I've already set it up for the best battery life that I can but then again I've been playing with it for the past 2 hours (internet over edge, installing programs, ect...) and it's dropped to 60%.

I'm definetly following this one though... I think everything else is set up perfectly!

agagliar

Nov 2, 2008
Weather Patch from 1st Post

Where can I get the weather patch which used to be on the 1st post? Just put on 28005 ROM but weather will not show on Home Screen. Used to work in 28002. Any other suggestions other than patch?
Thanks

soulwarrior

May 8, 2009
Where can I get the weather patch which used to be on the 1st post? Just put on 28005 ROM but weather will not show on Home Screen. Used to work in 28002. Any other suggestions other than patch?
Thanks
Scroll down to the 5th post u'll find the patch there. The weather shows for me on home screen, did u follow instructions on the steps to installing the patch? You gotta update the weather first in the weather tab before installing the patch. I'm running 28005 runs very good! I likey. Fully charged phone at 10:01pm Pacific time and now is 11:50pm. Phone on standby with no use and bluetooth on and connected to my jawbone. Phone is 99%. I've installed that battery savings cab, latest version of s2u2 and tomtom6 and my contacts/appointments from outlook. Changed the s2u2 to animated wallpaper.. So far so good. no complaints happy yeaaaaaaaaaah! I'll update you on phone battery when I wakeup tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

Qlphn

Jul 4, 2007
Warsaw
as usually on weekend i couldn't resist and i've flashed one of Your great ROM-s - this time it was '28004 light'.

Initially power drain was too high (1%-2% per minute), but after some tweaking it's better (20% per hour of my standard activity - edge connection+IE/AS, changing cell tower, some short call)

some minor issues:

- Long press PTT not configured - can be done by using 'Long_PTT.lnk' or registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C7. Of course there is AEbutton included - but i personally prefer 'standart' method ;)

- Total commander included is last stable version - IMHO current beta is slightly better for 6.5 - icons in low part of the screen are placed correctly

- no 3G icon for CommManager... i've made them from 'phone', attached.

IE is rendering far better than in 23089 (of course it's only my opinion ;) ) - previows version got problem when there were very small and normal fonts on the same page.

Battery indicator on taskbar - heh... nice to see %, but this colours... not exactly matching my colour scheme ;)

Anyway - again very good work, cgtrl & thanx...
and now - going back to previous ROM ;(

Attachments

• Function_3G.png
    Function_3G.png
    741 bytes · Views: 341
  • Function_3G_Disable.png
    Function_3G_Disable.png
    750 bytes · Views: 340
Last edited:

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
28005 Full is WONDERFUL! Glad to see the TF Dialer gone, and the smart dial functions back...including being able to call by pressing the green button inside messaging. Bravo! Seems to be very stable. Battery may be ticking a bit faster than 28004...not sure yet. There something going on with waking the device.

BTW....I have to flash back to stock before every one of your roms. Not a huge deal, just an extra 15 minutes. I thought the new methods meant not having to do that.

Overall, I love this one.

N.Creep

Oct 19, 2009
Hmmm , this 28005 rom is a nice rom ..

But:

I can't set my volume button higher ( i get: Notifications) and than a list Battery and my provider.
But not my volume button. Maybe i have to do something ,so I can go to the volume (touch) button?

And the battery is fast empty.

Thanx for making this rom any way ;)

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm form the Netherlands :p)

Last edited:

Kaiser32

Nov 27, 2009
I have just installed this ROM looks fine working fine but as my previouse poster said I cannot adjust system and ring volume :( and also could you give me a good link for AT&T Tilt Keyboard fix whichnis working 100% because I have tried some fixes but it still didn't working correctrly on my hardware qwerty keyboard

and also there are preinstalled softkey manager soft AE Button plus I have change my right soft key from Camera to Contacts but it still shows me and opens Camera I have tried three times with soft reset after but it still do not change the right key :(

jjblaster3

Jan 4, 2009
I have just installed this ROM looks fine working fine but as my previouse poster said I cannot adjust system and ring volume :( and also could you give me a good link for AT&T Tilt Keyboard fix whichnis working 100% because I have tried some fixes but it still didn't working correctrly on my hardware qwerty keyboard

and also there are preinstalled softkey manager soft AE Button plus I have change my right soft key from Camera to Contacts but it still shows me and opens Camera I have tried three times with soft reset after but it still do not change the right key :(

keyboard fix can be found here.

pressing on the left side of the title bar will bring a propdown menu providing access to the volume settings. u can also get it in manila settings.

one the AEbutton thing i cant help u there...

sry for not replying to others but i have read all issues posted and will work on them.

jjblaster3

Jan 4, 2009
hey guys, i've tried installing hardspl 3.56 and it seems to kinda improve battery life in some way. maybesome of u who were reporting drainage issues(with my latestt rom) can try it out n if tell me how itt goes

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
hey guys, i've tried installing hardspl 3.56 and it seems to kinda improve battery life in some way. maybesome of u who were reporting drainage issues(with my latestt rom) can try it out n if tell me how itt goes

While the battery doesnt last a long time, i've not had many issues with "severe" battery drain with the hardspl dave 3.34 but if there's another that you think is better with your rom i'll give it a go. Anything to squeeze more power out of it is good!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=498320

Jocky or Cmonex? :)

jjblaster3

Jan 4, 2009

daheufster

Mar 15, 2006
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Originally Posted by agagliar View Post
Thanks

and:
Scroll down to the 5th post u'll find the patch there. The weather shows for me on home screen, did u follow instructions on the steps to installing the patch? You gotta update the weather first in the weather tab before installing the patch. I'm running 28005 runs very good! I likey. Fully charged phone at 10:01pm Pacific time and now is 11:50pm. Phone on standby with no use and bluetooth on and connected to my jawbone. Phone is 99%. I've installed that battery savings cab, latest version of s2u2 and tomtom6 and my contacts/appointments from outlook. Changed the s2u2 to animated wallpaper.. So far so good. no complaints happy yeaaaaaaaaaah! I'll update you on phone battery when I wakeup tomorrow. :)

People, you don't need the weather patch on the 5th post. The thick 'automatically decline service' at the HTC location service is activated. Go to start, settings, location settings and remove the thick..

now weather update should work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i cant mind, in fact the only thing i can do is be really grateful for that...

Any way to send an attachment in a pm? Or do you want to give me your email address in a pm and I can send you a .txt file that way?
    ...major chnges for ....14?

no major changes, just a change in build and performance improvement
    Agree, it doesn't like to be moved around, because if I leave it where it is
    after flash and add the programs everything is fine, but as soon as I move it, then it happens,

I just tried to move it with your older release and it moved fine without getting messed up, Stylez, thinks it might be .xml file somewhere.

It's the HTCHomeSettings.xml that's in the windows directory i would expect to be messed up as that provides location of M2D items ;)

So if you get that off phone and look with notepad you will see the visible layout of M2D and can change the layout of tabs.. That's if my brain is working correct like said have spent all day in Touch Pro Kitchen and boxed :D
    From i can take SYS files for Kitchen?

Search the forums...."SYS" or "SYS for 6.5" or "Rollup 6.5 SYS" you should get something....:)
    I have installed this rom, and everything works perfect, except the sound. Phone wont ring, the songs are on mute too. everything in settings is set to max. but it still doesn't ring. When it's on ,,vibrate and ring,, mode it vibrates and doesn't even stop, it only works in vibrate mode. What's the problem, please help me?

try to update your Radio ROM such as Recommended as a radio rom on post # 3