Samsung galaxy grand GT-I9082 HUB

Search This thread

Obsessed_69

Sep 22, 2013
Yea.. that would do it.. thanks bro

And guys any way possible for grand to be able to browse and transfer media from extrnal hard drive? I got 3tb with external power supply

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
Yea.. that would do it.. thanks bro

And guys any way possible for grand to be able to browse and transfer media from extrnal hard drive? I got 3tb with external power supply

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

I don't think its possible for that to happen you need USB otg working and for that to work you need compatible kernel which is not yet available for our grand

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Obsessed_69

Sep 22, 2013
galaxy grand root

Guys need little help.. I wana root my phone now.. wanted to confirm on the CWM. I found for my phone CWM is I9000 or something is that true? Or is there any avilable CWM for this model grand duos I9082

Obsessed_69

Sep 22, 2013
Ok... can get the philz recovery downloaded directly on phone?
Bro,to be honest,I have this ROM manager which automatically asked to download CWM and said that there is no CWM for I9082 and only compatible CWM is I9000. . That confused me.. please if u can suggest me something.. and if there is a way to get .philz recovery directly onto the phone I would really appreciate it.

skpadhi79

Nov 21, 2013
Bhubaneswar
Last edited:

adityab721

Jan 3, 2013
Mumbai
Developers please help me here!!! I am trying to make a ROM for galaxy grand so i thought of using android kitchen. But in its thread i did not find galaxy grand in its compatible devices list? So is it okay if i still use the kitchen or is there some other method???
The thread is located here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Last edited:

mypandora11.0

Jul 28, 2013
CRITICAL PROBLEM : Wrong md5

My Phone is just damaged due to some rooting apps. I am using cwm touch recovery. Now i have backup of i9082 from cwm recovery mode of another galaxy grand i9082. i tried to recover my phone from that back up but it shows wrong md5.
please suggest how to restore from another i9082 cwm touch recovery backup.

Thank you

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai

pritesh barot

May 10, 2013
Hi every one I flashed with latest firmware INU UBNB2 but there are more laggy never before so I back on last firmware INU UBMK3 and factory reset and wipe data catch and dalvik catch but still my phone feel very laggy as compare to older one when I don't flash with this very bad latest update any solution? Plz

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

manthan29jamdagni

Sep 29, 2013
Dehradun
Hi everyone...
I am using cm 11 latest build in my grand...
Can anyone pls tell me how can i get more than 3 quicktiles in a row...like i used to get in slimkat...
I mean these..

Attachments

• 1392717009522.jpg
    1392717009522.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 129

IdenTT

Oct 19, 2012
I want to ask one quetion.
I am using stock 4.1.2 rooted. Now i want to upgrade to 4.2.2. Can i upgrade using odin by downloading the latest firmware from samfirmware?? or do i need to use some precautions??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anything related to Samsung galaxy grand can be discussed here !!!!
    Full list of safe to remove apks+some basic tweaks

FOR ROOT USERS ONLY

I removed more than 100 system apks and my SGG works like a charm. Rather than giving a list of the removed apks I will list here the apks I didn t remove so that you can assume that any apk that is not on the list is safe to remove. I do so because it s faster to list the remaining apks than the removed ones:p
    You will notice that the google apks are missing, and that the video player, music player, file manager etc. are missing as well, I removed them because I don t like the way they spy on us and suck our personal data. No worries, just keep on reading for some alternative apks, and some ways to prevent spying...
    IMPORTANT:
    1-Before deleting any apk do a Nandroid back up, and do a back up of your system/app folder (where all the system apks are) in case you want to reinstall a specific apk later.
    2-If you decide to uninstall the filemanager apk, install first an alternative file manager, like let s say ghost commander, because if you don t then you won t be ale to navigate to your files after having uninstalled the file manager, pretty obvious:silly:
    Same story with the launcher, or you will get a bootloop.
    3-After you uninstalled all the apks do a dalvik cache wipe.
    4-Reboot and enjoy full speed and no lags (only 160 mb of used RAM when the phone starts) :cowboy:
    One thing:
    do not play with system apks if you don t know what you are doing and if you don t know how to get back to the beginning in case things go wrong, I won t be responsible for any damage caused to your phone. All what I mention below has worked for me but once more, do not mess with your system if you are a complete noob.
    Ok so now let s start, here are the apks I kept (I have to admit that it s a bit extreme, and you are of course not obliged to keep so few apks, but at least you ll know which ones are safe to remove):
    csc
    defaultcontainerservice
    flashbarservice (removable if you don't want to have the multi windows function)
    jobmanager
    logsprovider
    packageinstaller
    samsungcamera (removable)
    seccontacts
    seccontactsprovider
    sechtmlviewer (removable and can be replaced by an alternative html viewer, but since it doesn t spy and since it works well I kept it)
    secmmsmultisim
    secphonemultisim
    secsettings
    secsettingsprovider
    sectelephonyprovider
    stk
    stk2
    systemui
    vpndialogs (removable, but then no more vpn)
    wlantest
    Note that if you delete mediaprovider you won t be able to change your ringtone and your notifications tone anymore (not a big deal for me but I don t know for you), you will be stucked with the default tones. I still have to find where they are stocked in the system and how to change them manually, as soon as I find I ll update it in this post (you can change them in the build.prop file but it doesn t work, you are still stucked with the default tones).
    Now the alternative apks...
    Launcher:
    holo launcher hd, or whatever launcher you like, but install it before you uninstall touch wiz!
    Keyboard (Samsung ime):
    I use the modded Xperia keyboard but there are many others.
    Bluetooth:
    if you use it for speakers or headphones keep it, but if you use it to transfer files then uninstall it and use fastfiletransfer and/or any ftp app (like swiftp for example) instead.
    Video:
    mx player or bs player (the 2 best ones to my opinion) + floating player (basic video player but it boasts a resizable floating window, handy if you want to watch something while doing something else)
    File manager:
    ghostcommander (dual panel mode, root browser, customisable toolbar) or totalcommander.
    Music player:
    poweramp (the best to my opinion and believe me, I ve tried many music players).
    Browser:
    opera mini for speed, mozilla firefox for full desktop experience.
    Gallery:
    quickpic.
    Polaris (pdf reader):
    moon reader or mantano.
    Edit documents (doc., docx. etc.):
    office suite or kingsoft office.
    Alarm:
    any alarm clock apk will do, there are 1 zillion free ones...
    Google talk:
    lillypad hd.
    Gmail:
    nothing, but anyway the gmail apk is slow as hell, I rather access gmail from opera mini browser, it s faster.
    Android market:
    aptoide (there are others, see which one fits you the best).
    Google now:
    actually you can keep this one if you like it, it s a stand alone apk which means that unlike gmail or gtalk apks it doesn t need the full google framework to work.
    Google maps: maverick (but there are others), google earth (stand alone apk, and not too much on the spy side).
    Clipboard:
    clipboard contents.
    Calculator:
    aircalc (floating calc).
    Notes:
    floating stickies.
    Bonus:
    greenify (try it, it hybernates apks and saves juice).
    That s all what I can think of for now, you are of course free to ask if you need anything but remember, most apks are replaceable and a quick google search will show you alternative apks.
    Last part, how not to be spied...
    Some of the alternative apks I listed above do have abusive permissions, and so have the remaining system apks. To prevent your personal data to be sucked and sent who knows where you need 3 apks, namely:
    1-rom toolbox pro,
    2-privacy blocker,
    3-permissions denied pro.
    First open privacy blocker. Scan all your apks one by one and see their dirty little secrets. Then mod the ones you don t like, it s easy, just follow the instructions.
    Second, open rom toolbox pro. Block adds, prevent any apk from auto starting, disable any transmitter you don t like, and try some build.prop and kernel tweaks if you feel like it (but be careful and do so at your own risks).
    Third, the ultimate protection, open permissions denied pro and block all the permissions you don t like. You have to do it carefully and selectively because blocking too many permissions will make some apks force close. The same for the system apks, start with blocking internet, read phone state and access location permissions, and if you want to block more permissions just ask me and I will tell you which ones are OK to block. When you are done do a back up of your configuration, lock the perms and reboot.
    The cherry on the cake, how to enable multi windows mode for most apks, just follow the instructions here (I did it, it works great. But don t thank me for it, all credits go to xperiacle):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2068796"
    Or even better, if you re rooted and use Xposed installer, check this all apps multi windows mode:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2048668

That s all for now...
    Ok guys so i promised you that i will help you to get your own forum ......And i PMed user experience admin - svetius who is responsible for new forum and he has shown keen interest to my PM and he will most probably make us a new forum.We will get a new forum 99% by today or in a few days time.....

Enjoy and Cheers....

Sent from my Typewriter
    hey any one finished with downloading??coz i am stuck at 17.8%....by the way chotu222 thanks for your efforts..
    rooted firmware i will upload tommorow bro !!!

You have ported SGS3 CWM...if yes...then it has touch compatible CWM.....does touch work...because if it works then no need of buttons
    Actually the CWM image searches for touch configure file in system/bin so even though you port it its not a big deal !!!!!

GUYS GO TO THE LINK HERE -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38325084#post38325084
    AND JOIN OUR REVOLUTION LOL !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :victory: :good: :highfive:
    guys i am currently uploading the firmware 4th time ...just came from college so chill guys !!!

Rooted firmware works perfect
    Screenshot_2013-02-21-18-20-26.png