Now, for the camera comparison of the Xperia S and the Xperia Z1...
Disclaimer: the images were shot with Auto Mode on the Xperia S and Superior Auto Mode on the Z1. I basically compared them as point-and-shoot cameras.

Who would've thought the difference between the Xperia S and Z1 was this big? (zoomed in, that is)

Xperia S:

Screenshot_2014-02-21-16-16-19 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

Xperia Z1:

Screenshot_2014-02-21-16-16-22 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

Or let's try one without zooming:

Xperia S:

DSC_0019 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

Xperia Z1:

DSC_0143 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

I'm trying not to be biased, but the Xperia S suffers from much more lens flare than the Xperia Z1 for example I initially held the Z1 on the right next to the S, but after viewing the lens flare on the S I decided to swap the two, the Z1 now being right. Did it make a difference? Nope. Still the same lens flare on the S, still none on the Z1. When you're shooting in daylight, the Z1's camera really is amazing!
Once you take away the sun however, the Xperia Z1 is no longer amazing but just 'good' at best (I don't have examples just yet).

P.S. the full images of the first crop:

Xperia S:

DSC_0022 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

Xperia Z1:

DSC_0146 by HurrHurrHerman, on Flickr

The Xperia Z1 also has the advantage of having a wide-angle lens, as you can see in the pictures above.
If you want to see more, let me know. I'm here to help and answer any questions!
Hey, you there.
Yeah, you. Are you aimlessly browsing the web in search of something mildly interesting?
Why not check my blog for a minute :')