Bluetooth issues

Search This thread

shinew

May 10, 2011
NYC
I have some really weird and annoying issues with bluetooth audio on my Note 3:
1 - Basically whenever the screen turns on or off, the blutooth audio will cut off for few seconds then come back.
2 - When I use it for google map turn by turn navigation, the first seconds of the voices always get cut off, so if the direction is long, I'll hear the end. And if it's short, I won't hear anything.

Anyone else has similar issues? If so any solutions? It's driving me nuts and I'm not even sure if it's the Note 3 issue or Android 4.3. My Note 2 has been working flawlessly with the same setup for the past year. My note 3 is running AT&T stock ROM, rooted and unlocked, froze some bloatware with TB, my bluetooth headset is Jaybird Bluebuds X. thanks for any suggestions!

ItsMeOk

Oct 11, 2013
I had this with my old HTC EVO 3D and my pluggin BT FM Radio device. I thought it was that but my Note 3 works perfect. Nothing like what you described for me.

shinew

May 10, 2011
NYC
I had this with my old HTC EVO 3D and my pluggin BT FM Radio device. I thought it was that but my Note 3 works perfect. Nothing like what you described for me.

Which version of the note 3 are you using? is it rooted with custom rom or everything stock?

I just deleted all system & user app cache from Titanium Backup, this seems to have solved the first issue. But I still miss first few seconds of spoken direction from google navigation with my bluetooth headset. I'm tempted to do a factory reset now...

UPDATE: I did more testing and have found out more. it seems to only occur during audio stream switching. If no music or audiobook(I use different apps for them) is playing, there is no sound cut off. but if either the music or audiobook is playing, first few seconds of audio from any notification or google voice navigation is cut off.

Last edited:

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
1 - Basically whenever the screen turns on or off, the blutooth audio will cut off for few seconds then come back.
2 - When I use it for google map turn by turn navigation, the first seconds of the voices always get cut off, so if the direction is long, I'll hear the end. And if it's short, I won't hear anything.

Anyone else has similar issues? If so any solutions? It's driving me nuts and I'm not even sure if it's the Note 3 issue or Android 4.3. My Note 2 has been working flawlessly with the same setup for the past year. My note 3 is running AT&T stock ROM, rooted and unlocked, froze some bloatware with TB, my bluetooth headset is Jaybird Bluebuds X. thanks for any suggestions!

Well, that's better than the Bluetooth on my Note 3 LoL. On my Note the voice on the other end is muted every now and then when calling with a Mercedes carkit. (Comander). And... when streaming music to a high end apt-x dongle (HTC car A100) I get some gaps in the music
Never ever had any problems with the same configuration with a gazillion other Android phones

Firmware: international J7

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
For my note too, MJ7 rom , I have BT- streaming music and sometimes is starts jitterining and cut outs some times, it note my bt car radio that was problem, cause my friends xperja j work flawlessly. Shame with mi6 rom too before it got updated.
This is very annoying for the most expensive and best phone available!
Same on you samsung!
please if you find a solution contact me!

Last edited:

Gadgety

May 13, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Thanks for this info. I'm choosing between the Note 2 and Note 3 and will go APTX exclusively. Worrying that it cuts out like that.

When it works, what about the actual audio quality with APTX? Have you listened to high resolution FLAC files, and can you tell a difference with the Note3 and APTX on?

yan1000

Feb 17, 2014
having the same problem, really sucks

hi, i having same problem where when i play native default music player and google map at the same time, first seconds of the voices always get cut off, here what i try using apps

music player
MX player, Poweramp player, and native default music player

map navigation
google map and waze

so if try it with native music player, or Poweramp, and google map or waze, first seconds of the voices gets cut off. all the combination would not work,

but if i try mx player and google map or waze, it works fine, but no songs information will display on the car screen, ie singer, alubm, etc wrong show on the car screen, and music control on forward and back etc, but it work, i don't know how to fix this? anyone have find solution ?

Reactions: dmxoneIuv

Dirtylarry11

Nov 27, 2012

I have the EXACT same problem...no solution yet unfortunately...Ive never had it not working on any other device...my Galaxy s3 it worked flawlessly!!!!!

shinew

May 10, 2011
NYC
hi, i having same problem where when i play native default music player and google map at the same time, first seconds of the voices always get cut off, here what i try using apps

music player

map navigation
google map and waze

so if try it with native music player, or Poweramp, and google map or waze, first seconds of the voices gets cut off. all the combination would not work,

but if i try mx player and google map or waze, it works fine, but no songs information will display on the car screen, ie singer, alubm, etc wrong show on the car screen, and music control on forward and back etc, but it work, i don't know how to fix this? anyone have find solution ?

I have the EXACT same problem...no solution yet unfortunately...Ive never had it not working on any other device...my Galaxy s3 it worked flawlessly!!!!!

I've tried both custom & stock rom based on several variant of the 4.3 roms, they all have this issue so eventually i just gave up.
The good news is that I'm running on Kitkat 4.4.2 now, both rooted and stock seem to have fixed the issue, bluetooth audio switching is extremely fast(along with everything else) and no cut off.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmxoneIuv

yan1000

Feb 17, 2014
hope the new kitkat will fix it

hope the new kitkat will fix it, i'm waiting for the t-mobile to release it, hopefully soon, also i tested on the samsung mega 4.2, it works perfectly, so it just 4.3 version :(, thanks for the information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    having the same problem, really sucks

music player

map navigation
    google map and waze

music player

map navigation
    google map and waze

I've tried both custom & stock rom based on several variant of the 4.3 roms, they all have this issue so eventually i just gave up.
    The good news is that I'm running on Kitkat 4.4.2 now, both rooted and stock seem to have fixed the issue, bluetooth audio switching is extremely fast(along with everything else) and no cut off.