03:40:31 : Files were extracted.
03:40:31 : LGMobileDL Load.
03:40:31 : Port = -1
03:40:31 : Connecting to phone
03:40:44 : Check Phone mode = 2
03:40:44 : Phone type check.......
03:40:45 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
03:40:45 : _SetAuthMark Fail
03:40:45 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
03:40:45 : _DetachDLL Call
03:40:45 : _DetachDLL Call End
03:40:45 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\E97510H_00.dz
03:40:45 : Param : moduleDir =
03:40:45 : Param : waitTime = 0
03:40:45 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
03:40:45 : Param : PhoneMode = 2
03:40:45 : Param : BinVersion = E97510H_00
03:40:45 : Param : AuthMark = 65535
03:40:45 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

i flashed my recovery back and next time it was :

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

03:49:50 : Launching SW update
03:49:50 : Unpacking KDZ
03:51:03 : KDZ file extraced
03:53:00 : Files were extracted.
03:53:00 : LGMobileDL Load.
03:53:00 : Port = -1
03:53:00 : Connecting to phone
03:53:12 : Check Phone mode = 2
03:53:12 : Phone type check.......
03:53:13 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
03:53:13 : _SetAuthMark Fail
03:53:13 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
03:53:13 : _DetachDLL Call
03:53:13 : _DetachDLL Call End
03:53:13 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\E97510H_00.dz
03:53:13 : Param : moduleDir =
03:53:13 : Param : waitTime = 0
03:53:13 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
03:53:13 : Param : PhoneMode = 2
03:53:13 : Param : BinVersion = E97510H_00
03:53:13 : Param : AuthMark = 65535
03:53:13 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

any help?

hash.86

have you tried the kdz updater?

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda app-developers app

PHASE ONE (BACK UP PHASE)

1- made efs backup using "g tool pro"

2- downloaded "Android Terminal Emulator" from playstore
open emulator in phone wrote

su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/modem.img

after some seconds this came out :

131072+0 records in
131072+0 records out
67108864 bytes transferred in 15.229 secs

then :

exit
exit

after that i checked sdcard but there was no img file...
then i open file manager from the phone and there it was my precious

PHASE TWO TOOLS YOU NEED

first of all thanks to dreamkill3r

1)pc with windows
2)cable usb
3)the phone
4)internet access
5)kdz flasher
6) the kdz itself (all of these files you can find on the topic of converting f180 to e975)
7)framaroot app from playstore
8)drivers Lgunitedmobiledriver + other drivers described in xda topic
9) root explorer

PHASE THREE CONVERSION

1) Charge your phone at least 50 %
2) Save your data (photos , music, documents, etc. )
3 ) install on your phone framaroot and get root acces
4 )install Root Explorer
5) Make a Hard reset (turn off the phone,when it's turned off,hold down volume "-" and then press the power button , the text will appear , confirm the process by pressing twice the power button , the phone automatically reboots )
6) Turn off the phone
7) Install all the drivers
8) Extract the KDZ flasher
9) Run the file ( in the extracted folder ) msxml.msi
10) Connect your phone in "Download" mode ( simultaneously hold down the volume "-" and "+" and plug into your computer the USB- cable; it should appear a gray box on a black background where should be written download mode)
11 ) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( for windows "seven " as an administrator ) , in the box choose - 3GCQT; in the window phonemode - DIAG
12) Click on the blank line with a folder , select where your firmware(kdz) is , click "Launch software Update"
13 ) Wait 10-15 minutes , when the phone is flashed , click "Exit"
14) Turn off the phone, do a Hard reset ( see item number 6)
15 ) install again Framaroot and Root Explorer, get root acces
16) Reboot your phone
17) your phone is ready to use
18) if you have the signal problem use ur modem backup.. flash it and issue gone
now u can flas any E975 ROM you want

Reactions: dreamkill3r

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
Hey,I have a question. Why in this tutorial we should flash the f180l baseband? is it to get signal working or what?
because in the tutorial I followed there wasn't this step but to make my signal work,I copied and then restored the "image" folder from "firmware"
I am asking because my wifi is weak,and I am not sure,but I think my phone signal is not working at it's best) and I want to clarify if I can fix this or that's because of my phone)
thanks)

hash.86

Hey,I have a question. Why in this tutorial we should flash the f180l baseband? is it to get signal working or what?
because in the tutorial I followed there wasn't this step but to make my signal work,I copied and then restored the "image" folder from "firmware"
I am asking because my wifi is weak,and I am not sure,but I think my phone signal is not working at it's best) and I want to clarify if I can fix this or that's because of my phone)
thanks)

When I flashed the open Europe kdz to my F180S I lost my signals so I flashed the modem backup I made earlier and got my signals back... Everything is working fine since then... :)

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

zizou11

Feb 12, 2011
Hi,
I was working on "reincarnation" of F180L (20s) to E975 (actually EUR10h) for the last few days and I didn't find one 100% usable topic.

I had either Korean symbols/language and working signal or my language (CZE, ENG) and no signal - so I decided to have "Czech language with working signal". :)

I got the phone to working state yesterday, after reading about tens of topics and downloading about 7 GB of ROMs/basebands etc. and about 3 days of trying, combining, flashing, drinking a lot ... water only :D etc.

I put many topics into this one and I will hope it will helps to someone else. :p

Phone infomation (original):
F180L with 20s FW

HowTo "reincarnate":
1) Get KDZ file you would like to use - Stock Firmwares:
Link: LG Optimus G [E975] Roms/Kernels/Mods & Tools/Root (Daily Update) or Google ;)

2) Get this package:
Link: F180LtoE975 (FlashTool and Root APK)

I RECOMMEND TO INSTALL THESE FILES/DOING FLASH ON THE COMPUTER WITH WIN XP OR IN WIN XP MODE (UNDER WIN7/8) (I had still PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING in WIN7 64bit - even in compatibility mode)

3) Install all files (3) from "F180LtoE975/KDZ_SW/KDZ Flasher.zip" archive - B2CApp, LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML and extract dir "FlashTool.1.0.54"

4) Switch off the phone - connect to USB

5) Turn the mobile on in DOWNLOAD MODE - phone is off and connected to USB - you see battery icon - now HOLD BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS (+/-) and POWER BUTTON (it takes about 3 seconds, then release - I tried to time it well many times, so be patient ;))

6) Look in the DEVICE MANAGER (in XPMode you have to connect the phone through upper bar first) and there should be "LG something" in MODEMS (if you don't see it then there is probably problem with drivers/connection - try to check points 1-5 again)

7) Now you have:
- downloaded your KDZ
- installed drivers and extracted folder "FlashTool"
- connected phone and DOWNLOAD MODE on it's screen
- "LG something" in DEVICE MANAGER-MODEMS

8) WIN7: in "FlashTool" folder set Compatibility Mode for both EXE files to WinXP SP3 first:
WinXP/WinXP Mode: just run as writen below :):
- now run "WindowsEnabler" and click on icon in tray - you have to see ON icon in tray
- next run "UpTestEX" and set flash to (check image "01" for sure):
!DON'T BE RECKLESS AND CHECK YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE CLICKING ANY BUTTON!
----- TYPE: 3GQCT
----- PHONE MODE: CS_EMERGENCY
----- SELECT KDZ FILE: <CHOOSE YOUR KDZ>
----- NORMAL WEB UPGRADE TEST
----- UPGRADE START
- CHOOSE: DIFFERENT COUNTRY and language <WHICH ONE YOU WANT>

9) Wait and pray :):
- phone should restart itself near the end (about 95%) - !IF YOU ARE FLASHING THE PHONE IN WINDOWS XP MODE THEN YOU HAVE TO CONNECT PHONE AGAIN THROUGH THE UPPER BAR IN WINXPM!
- you should se something like "FLASH COMPLETE/SUCCESSFULL" and "FINISH" :)
- it took about 25 minutes to me to complete whole process
- I recommend to do a HARD RESET of the phone after flashing
----- HOLD VOLUME DOWN (-) AND HOME KEY - THEN PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON
----- release the buttons when you see LG logo (or try different timing/holding/releasing power button)
----- with POWER BUTTON confirm (twice) the reset

10) After boot your "reincarnated" F180L to E975 comes the part what took me 97% ot time to successfull "reincarnation" :) - get the signal (now you have iPod :laugh:):
- in the phone enable UNKNOWN SOURCES (in SETTINGS-SECURITY) and USB DEBUGGING (in SETTINGS-DEVELOPER OPTIONS)
- connect the phone to USB - choose MTP and wait for the phone to connect (you should see him in "MY COMPUTER" as a device E975)
- from archive "F180LtoE975" (downloaded at point 2) extact folder "ROOT_OK" and copy "FramaRoot-1.6.1.apk" to SDCARD
- through file manager in the phone run that "FRAMAROOT.APK" file and ROOT your phone - only GANDALF works for me fine
- restart the phone and find and there should be added SUPERUSER in apps (if it's not then install some SuperUser app from Google Play (I am using this one)
- for sure you can install RootChecker
- next install CMW/TWRP- FreeGee works very well

11) Now you should have:
- phone with FW you choose (for example E975 EUR10h - check in SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE)
- ROOT checked and working
- wrong baseband = no signal

12) Download this file:
Link: F180LtoE975_BB

13) Extract folder "BaseBandF180L_OK" (there was no problem in WIN7 with this procedure) and then:
- connect the phone to USB in MTL MODE and copy "BASEBAND.IMG" to SDCARD ROOT
- check "DEVICE MANAGER-ADB INTERFACE-LG "something"" (it should be OK - only if hou have installed drivers in WinXPMode and you are connecting the phone in WIN7 then you have to install those 3 files from point 2 and 3 above)
- so if you see ADB Interface for LG, you copied the IMG file to SDCARD and your phones ROOT is OK then ...
- just run "FLASH_BASEBAND.BAT" and wait for restart
- now you should be asked for PIN (if you use it :)) and you should get a signal

Phone infomation (reincarnated):
E945 with EUR10h/<YOUR CHOICE> FW with F180L baseband + OK SIGNAL + ROOT + CWM/TWRP

Hope it is works ... thanks to all who made topics which I read a which helped me a lot.
Thanks for even a small donation ... if there will be any ... there will be more experiments. :D

I have a problem at point 8.
when i click START UPGRADE i dont see the window DIFFERENT COUNTRY and language <WHICH ONE YOU WANT. But LG Mobile Support Toll is staring and nothing else.

lofarosa

Nov 2, 2013
I read the whole thread, and I tried to change the baseband, but nothing, no signal.
What can I do?

menphis1

Apr 9, 2014
Hello,

I have a F180L optimus G.
I want to put european stock rom but when i made the procedure with the file KDZ, i have an error message : the phone was not found.

I have also installed the usb lg drivers etc..

After that, i put cyanogend mod on the phone.
everything works but i want to install the stock rom.
But same, the procedure with the file KDZ, doesnot recognize the phone.

Someone can help me please ?

Nb: Sorry about my english

Many thanks

marzinga

Apr 16, 2014
3G problem

Hi Thank you a lot for your guide.

I did follow the procedure and I have the 2G signal but my 3G is not working. Any suggestion? Please help...!! :(

Sithhy™

Jan 15, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Ugh... You did back up your EFS, right?

Sadly but I... didn't backup my EFS :( I can give you the link to the tutorial that I was following when converting my phone to e975

EDIT: I have IMEI working and stuff but my signal is not working whatever I do :( Even flashed the orginal F180S baseband and my WiFi is now gone :( When I pull down the notification panel it says "Service disabled"

I followed that tutorial one more time and after flashing F180L's baseband my IMEI is gone and I have no signal either :/ Please, can any one help me? ;(

Last edited:

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
Sadly but I... didn't backup my EFS :( I can give you the link to the tutorial that I was following when converting my phone to e975

EDIT: I have IMEI working and stuff but my signal is not working whatever I do :( Even flashed the orginal F180S baseband and my WiFi is now gone :( When I pull down the notification panel it says "Service disabled"

I followed that tutorial one more time and after flashing F180L's baseband my IMEI is gone and I have no signal either :/ Please, can any one help me? ;(

Try to go back to L fw then carefully do the conversion again. HTH

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Sithhy™

Jan 15, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 10 Pro

I tried getting back to my stock fw that my phone came with but that stupid LGMobile Support Tool doesn't let me flash it because it says that I have to have a fully charged battery... It was fully charged and the program said the same :(

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
I tried getting back to my stock fw that my phone came with but that stupid LGMobile Support Tool doesn't let me flash it because it says that I have to have a fully charged battery... It was fully charged and the program said the same :(

I had the same problem! Going to my F180 fw. So im stucked with E975 fw. Haven't got any luck with the offline fix for the kdz.

Try the LGMobile Support Tool online fix. Don't use the kdz updater, but go directly to the LG Mobilr support tool.

Sithhy™

Jan 15, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I had the same problem! Going to my F180 fw. So im stucked with E975 fw. Haven't got any luck with the offline fix for the kdz.

Try the LGMobile Support Tool online fix. Don't use the kdz updater, but go directly to the LG Mobilr support tool.

Can you help me finding this online fix? Because I want to have my network signal back :(

TheStigOnline

Feb 13, 2014

Can you help me finding this online fix? Because I want to have my network signal back :(

You can find the shortcut in your desktop (windows os). Dont run the kdz updater tool, just the shortcut found on your desktop.

As you seem to have followed the related parts of the FAQ without success - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2434917

This maybe the option required - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134192

Hope this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I was working on "reincarnation" of F180L (20s) to E975 (actually EUR10h) for the last few days and I didn't find one 100% usable topic.

I had either Korean symbols/language and working signal or my language (CZE, ENG) and no signal - so I decided to have "Czech language with working signal". :)

I got the phone to working state yesterday, after reading about tens of topics and downloading about 7 GB of ROMs/basebands etc. and about 3 days of trying, combining, flashing, drinking a lot ... water only :D etc.

I put many topics into this one and I will hope it will helps to someone else. :p

Phone infomation (original):
    F180L with 20s FW

HowTo "reincarnate":
    1) Get KDZ file you would like to use - Stock Firmwares:
    Link: LG Optimus G [E975] Roms/Kernels/Mods & Tools/Root (Daily Update) or Google ;)

2) Get this package:
    Link: F180LtoE975 (FlashTool and Root APK)

I RECOMMEND TO INSTALL THESE FILES/DOING FLASH ON THE COMPUTER WITH WIN XP OR IN WIN XP MODE (UNDER WIN7/8) (I had still PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING in WIN7 64bit - even in compatibility mode)

3) Install all files (3) from "F180LtoE975/KDZ_SW/KDZ Flasher.zip" archive - B2CApp, LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML and extract dir "FlashTool.1.0.54"

4) Switch off the phone - connect to USB

5) Turn the mobile on in DOWNLOAD MODE - phone is off and connected to USB - you see battery icon - now HOLD BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS (+/-) and POWER BUTTON (it takes about 3 seconds, then release - I tried to time it well many times, so be patient ;))

6) Look in the DEVICE MANAGER (in XPMode you have to connect the phone through upper bar first) and there should be "LG something" in MODEMS (if you don't see it then there is probably problem with drivers/connection - try to check points 1-5 again)

7) Now you have:
    - downloaded your KDZ
    - installed drivers and extracted folder "FlashTool"
    - connected phone and DOWNLOAD MODE on it's screen
    - "LG something" in DEVICE MANAGER-MODEMS

8) WIN7: in "FlashTool" folder set Compatibility Mode for both EXE files to WinXP SP3 first:
    WinXP/WinXP Mode: just run as writen below :):
    - now run "WindowsEnabler" and click on icon in tray - you have to see ON icon in tray
    - next run "UpTestEX" and set flash to (check image "01" for sure):
    !DON'T BE RECKLESS AND CHECK YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE CLICKING ANY BUTTON!
    ----- TYPE: 3GQCT
    ----- PHONE MODE: CS_EMERGENCY
    ----- SELECT KDZ FILE: <CHOOSE YOUR KDZ>
    ----- NORMAL WEB UPGRADE TEST
    ----- UPGRADE START
    - CHOOSE: DIFFERENT COUNTRY and language <WHICH ONE YOU WANT>

9) Wait and pray :):
    - phone should restart itself near the end (about 95%) - !IF YOU ARE FLASHING THE PHONE IN WINDOWS XP MODE THEN YOU HAVE TO CONNECT PHONE AGAIN THROUGH THE UPPER BAR IN WINXPM!
    - you should se something like "FLASH COMPLETE/SUCCESSFULL" and "FINISH" :)
    - it took about 25 minutes to me to complete whole process
    - I recommend to do a HARD RESET of the phone after flashing
    ----- HOLD VOLUME DOWN (-) AND HOME KEY - THEN PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON
    ----- release the buttons when you see LG logo (or try different timing/holding/releasing power button)
    ----- with POWER BUTTON confirm (twice) the reset

10) After boot your "reincarnated" F180L to E975 comes the part what took me 97% ot time to successfull "reincarnation" :) - get the signal (now you have iPod :laugh:):
    - in the phone enable UNKNOWN SOURCES (in SETTINGS-SECURITY) and USB DEBUGGING (in SETTINGS-DEVELOPER OPTIONS)
    - connect the phone to USB - choose MTP and wait for the phone to connect (you should see him in "MY COMPUTER" as a device E975)
    - from archive "F180LtoE975" (downloaded at point 2) extact folder "ROOT_OK" and copy "FramaRoot-1.6.1.apk" to SDCARD
    - through file manager in the phone run that "FRAMAROOT.APK" file and ROOT your phone - only GANDALF works for me fine
    - restart the phone and find and there should be added SUPERUSER in apps (if it's not then install some SuperUser app from Google Play (I am using this one)
    - for sure you can install RootChecker
    - next install CMW/TWRP- FreeGee works very well

11) Now you should have:
    - phone with FW you choose (for example E975 EUR10h - check in SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE)
    - ROOT checked and working
    - wrong baseband = no signal

12) Download this file:
    Link: F180LtoE975_BB

13) Extract folder "BaseBandF180L_OK" (there was no problem in WIN7 with this procedure) and then:
    - connect the phone to USB in MTL MODE and copy "BASEBAND.IMG" to SDCARD ROOT
    - check "DEVICE MANAGER-ADB INTERFACE-LG "something"" (it should be OK - only if hou have installed drivers in WinXPMode and you are connecting the phone in WIN7 then you have to install those 3 files from point 2 and 3 above)
    - so if you see ADB Interface for LG, you copied the IMG file to SDCARD and your phones ROOT is OK then ...
    - just run "FLASH_BASEBAND.BAT" and wait for restart
    - now you should be asked for PIN (if you use it :)) and you should get a signal

Phone infomation (reincarnated):
    E945 with EUR10h/<YOUR CHOICE> FW with F180L baseband + OK SIGNAL + ROOT + CWM/TWRP

Hope it is works ... thanks to all who made topics which I read a which helped me a lot.
    Thanks for even a small donation ... if there will be any ... there will be more experiments. :D
    Sorry for your trouble and long thread, but it took 10 mins max to do it. Don't know what guides you all are reading all over the internet.

Instead of all this, simplest is
    1. Flash kdz 10x less than 1GB
    2. wipe the phone
    3. Root the phone
    4. Use freegee to unlock and get cwm/twrp
    5. Flash modem for f180

All this in 10 mins

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
    please be more specific there are more circumstances involved what isn't working for you?
    For example I have F180S and converted to E97510B but when I've tried flash E97510B flash software threw me error
    couldn't update from unknown reason .. some these speculations with phones and software cannot be explained
    maybe technicians at LG might give you an answer ?

My GPS is not working because of L variant modem flashed, LTE doesnt work, radio to listen music too. LG technicians? I rooted phone, i unlocked bootloader and they will help?

Man... I dont need to come back. I have signal, i just dont know how to flash F180k modem!

and already enjoying E975 ROM hehehe

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

fact is....

we both have F180K's (me & @BartxGamer), we also have factory installed F180K20O.kdz.
    then flashed E975 fw.
    flashed F180K modem (no network signal).
    flashed F180L modem (network signal up).
    no need for EFS restoration as my IMEI wasn't lost.

after having success with the above conversion to E975, I asked @BartxGamer if he could also try the same steps & see if we both got the same results. because I also told him that euro open fw & euro common fw is also working with mine as long as F180L modem is flashed. btw, I flashed E97510F fw.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app