[ROM] [4.4.2] [2014-March-01] [UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom | translucent status bar | v0.2
I am proud to present you with Carbon ROM for the HTC Desire.
Thanks very much to CarbonDevs for their hard work on this amazing ROM and anyone else who contributed.
This ROM also contains tons of customization from SlimROM and CyanogenMod.
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Who is Team Carbon?
For now only a few features which were all present on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean are supported and will slowly be added back for Android 4.4 KitKat as time progresses. More details can be found at the official carbon site
This release has the following ones available:
- Carbon Fibers (all ROM features are organized in one place with scrollable tabs)
- Navigation bar (custom colours, icons, layout, buttons)
- Status bar settings
- Lockscreen settings and notifications
- Power Menu settings (add more options and toggles)
- Quicklaunch (Put up to 4 applications/shortcuts in the quicklaunch ring)
- Expanded Desktop
- Quick Settings (Tiles)
- Quick Access Ribbon in drawer
- Status and Navigation Bar See Through (currently very popular)
- Tons of other stuff that needs further exploration
Adaptions for bravo:
- Baked in CronMod INT2EXTV2+ (credits @croniccorey
Enabled Swap2Int (64mb)
- Added Trackball wake into Carbon Fibers / Buttons
- Included slim Gapps (Playstore, Calendar, Gallery)
- Included alternate home: Holo Launcher HD (credits mobint); Nova Launcher (credits TeslaCoil Software)
- Some tweaks for better scrolling performance
- Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
- Screen recording (brings "Unable to create output directory.")
- Camera app shortcut on home screen results in a FC of the Gallery app upon launch (this can be fixed by re-creating the camera shortcut)
- An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot (credits @jmcclue
- A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition
. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
- The latest TWRP
) or 4EXT
) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.
- Full wipe
- Flash ROM
- Boot rom and let it settle down (3-5 min)
Please do all tweaks with caution!
- Settings > Device/Display & lights > Wallpaper > Switch from Live Wallpaper to a static one (for achieving a better overall performance!)
- Settings > Personalization/Performance > Enable "Force high-end graphics" (brings the highly desired translucent status bar -- at the expense of performance!)
- Settings > Personalization/Performance > Processor > Maximum CPU frequency > set to 1113 MHz
- Settings > Personalization/Performance > Processor > Enable "Set on boot"
- Settings > Personalization/Performance > Memory management > Enable "Kernel samepage merging"
First enable the Developer options by opening up "Settings > About phone" and then tap a few times on "Build number".
- Settings > Developer options > Window animation scale > set to .5x
- Settings > Developer options > Transition animation scale > set to .5x
- Settings > Developer options > Animator duration scale > set to .5x
- Settings > Developer options > Enable "Force GPU rendering"
Reboot to let the changes take effect.
Please be aware this is an alpha release.
If you rely on your device because it's your only phone I would not recommend to flash it.
If you decide to flash this rom, you do it at your own risk and I am not responsible for any resulting damages!
I don't claim responsibility for the code in this rom,
I have only built it for this device.
Credits go to:
- The original creators of this ROM and its features mentioned above: Team Carbon, CM Team, SlimTeam, Team PA, Team AOKP, and companions.
and Evervolv - for developing the qsd8k kernel that powers this ROM, as well as htc vendor files and bravo device tree
for allowing me to use his Trackball wake code and his readiness to help me with solving build problems
Have a nice day!