I am proud to present you with Carbon ROM for the HTC Desire.
Thanks very much to CarbonDevs for their hard work on this amazing ROM and anyone else who contributed.
This ROM also contains tons of customization from SlimROM and CyanogenMod.
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Who is Team Carbon?
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev Github.
For now only a few features which were all present on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean are supported and will slowly be added back for Android 4.4 KitKat as time progresses. More details can be found at the official carbon site
This release has the following ones available:
- Carbon Fibers (all ROM features are organized in one place with scrollable tabs)
- Navigation bar (custom colours, icons, layout, buttons)
- Slim's Recents
- Status bar settings
- Lockscreen settings and notifications
- Power Menu settings (add more options and toggles)
- Quicklaunch (Put up to 4 applications/shortcuts in the quicklaunch ring)
- Expanded Desktop
- Quick Settings (Tiles)
- Quick Access Ribbon in drawer
- Status and Navigation Bar See Through (currently very popular)
- Active Display (notifications)
- Tons of other stuff that needs further exploration
Changes for bravo:
- Patched kernel which is based on Evervolv's qsd8k with a good selection of tweaks (lots of different CPU governors; more details can be found in 2nd post)
- Added the latest Adreno libs from AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA_04.02.02.060.053 (build date: 2013/04/11)
- Added Trackball wake into Carbon Fibers / Buttons
- Added Nova Launcher (thanks teslacoil)
- A few tweaks for faster scrolling, longer battery life and smoother overall performance
- MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS
- Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
- Screen recording (removed as it is not working)
- OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
- SELinux (disabled by intention)
- Initially 'Long press home key' does nothing (you have to go to Settings / Carbon Fibers / Buttons and 'Enable custom actions' -> configure home with 'Recents')
- If your battery falsely shows 0% and causes your phone to shut down, then boot into recovery and wipe battery stats when 100% charged
- An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot
- A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition
. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
- The latest TWRP
) or 4EXT
) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.
- Full wipe
- Flash ROM
- Wipe battery stats
- IMPORTANT: On first boot have the charger plugged in!
- Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)
- Enable A2SD
1. run Terminal Emulator
2. type 'su' and press enter
3. allow root access in the popup query
4. type 'a2sd install' and press enter
5. reply to questions in this order
--> y n y (dalvik to card - yes, data to card - no, reboot - yes)
Please be aware this is an alpha release.
If you rely on your device because it's your only phone I would not recommend to flash it.
If you decide to flash this rom, you do it at your own risk and I am not responsible for any resulting damages!
I don't claim responsibility for the code in this rom,
I have only built it for this device.
Credits go to:
- The original creators of this ROM and its features mentioned above: CarbonDev, CM, SlimTeam, Team PA, Team AOKP, and companions.
and Evervolv - for developing the qsd8k kernel that powers this ROM, as well as htc vendor files and bravo device tree
for allowing me to use his Trackball wake code and his readiness to help me with solving build problems
Have a nice day!
P.S.: You may want to compile it yourself:
repo init -u https://github.com/spezi77/carbon.git -b kk