Camera Tests Z1 - Post your pics here...

Search This thread

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
So if you have a dslr, can you post some shots comparison in day and night shot between z1 and your dslr? Obviusly there is a Big Gap, but i think that is interessing to See the difference :D

I could, but it's really unfair considering you can't manually adjust the exposure on the Z1.
First I'm going to do a comparison with my Xperia S now that I still have it, since I presume more people will want to upgrade their Xperia S soon and are considering the Xperia Z1.

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
Superior auto
tSsheHH.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z1

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
So guyz, if you dont want to spend some time tuning the camera, the best photo for low light is manual (settings on auto) rather than superior auto (led off) ?

G

GuestX0057

So guyz, if you dont want to spend some time tuning the camera, the best photo for low light is manual (settings on auto) rather than superior auto (led off) ?

If you don't want to spend time with the settings then your best bet is to use manual and night mode in low light scenarios.

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
Guys is there anybody who realy hate z1's camera?.. Despite.Being the second largest megapixel,sensor. Sized camera phones.. Does anybody think this is not so good as some of ur old phone cams?? I ask becoz i think. When compared to old cybershot series phones.. It realy is.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fer2503

Nov 7, 2012
Guys is there anybody who realy hate z1's camera?.. Despite.Being the second largest megapixel,sensor. Sized camera phones.. Does anybody think this is not so good as some of ur old phone cams?? I ask becoz i think. When compared to old cybershot series phones.. It realy is.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think that we miss the shutter control and the superior auto mode is terrible. Also sony can improves the jpeg algorytm

Gemc666

Feb 27, 2011
The Noise is killing me

Because you used perfectly clear, i found that the trick on that app is to make the photo look good on your Phone screen, try to make the same photo with stock room (if you want use background defocus to get the same effect) or Camera Fv-5, it will look a thousand times better

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk
Because you used perfectly clear, i found that the trick on that app is to make the photo look good on your Phone screen, try to make the same photo with stock room (if you want use background defocus to get the same effect) or Camera Fv-5, it will look a thousand times better

I did a test of stock, perfectly clear and cameraMX, and well noise levels were better on the other 2, but at 50-200 the stock is good but sometimes even at 200 the noise is horrible on the stock cam, and sometimes ruins the photo.

Thing is, it's a small sensor and a crapload of megapixels, noise is nothing new, Sony should have used at max 16MP for the sensor.

Until Sony can work out their noise reduction and better algorithm in general, the camera will not be as great as Sony make it out to be. It is unfinished software, no matter what Sony says, it is not finished software.

heahmad

Dec 2, 2009

actually i used camera Fv-5 and stock is much worse i think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you please provide mi the source and procedure for your mods

Sure!

Some information first. I got Xperia Z1 with stock Sony 14.6.A.1.236 firmware. You have to be rooted and have a bootloader to flash the zip files.

Prepare by putting all relevant zip files in your mobile phones memory. Then close down all apps and then clear data for "Camera extension", "Camera Common", "Camera" and "Cameras" apps.

Next boot into your bootloader (I use CWM) to flash the zips. First you flash the "4k/Timeshift" zip then "Camera 2.0 with support for 20MP Superior Auto" and lastly "Z5 Camera Lib" mod designed for the Z1. Wipe dalvik and cache and then boot back into system. That's it!

Dont disable any camera related files or apks else the camera might not work as intended or to the full potential of the modifications from the mods. For example dont disable "Camera Extension" and "CameraHandheldBridgeServer" else it might conflict with camera function giving you worse photos.

4k/Timeshift mod (first download link).
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63794286&postcount=264

Z5 camera libs mod (second download link "Full Z5 Premium Camera Files, libs and Res Port For Z3-Z2-Z1-ZU").
    http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-de...-xperia-z5-premium-camera-libs-files-t3260819

Camera 2.0 with Superior Auto 20MP support. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63864599&postcount=43

EDIT: There is a new Camera 2.0 mod which is better than the above mentioned as it is does the same but also allows for more! It adds scene selection at any resolution, 2 more focus mode settings, allows you to set upto ISO 3200 in full resolution and jpeg compression increased from 97% to 100%. Follow instructions in the thread. I just renamed the apk to correct name SemcCameraUI, put it in phones storage then cleared "Camera" and "Cameras" data via the settings -> Apps -> All menu and then booted into recovery to copy the camera app to "system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI" folder and set the camera apps permission settings to 644. Then re-booted the phone. I did not need to disable signature verification. Also you need to have the Z5 Camera Libs installed for it to work. :cool:

Link to improved Camera 2.0: http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/z1-z4-z5-camera-1-0-unlocked-20-23mp-t3335412

That's it. When launching Camera 2.0 change the resolutions randomly then back to what you want to have it at so that it flushes data and loads libraries. Enjoy! :cool:
    I've never been able to practice photography in the rain with my previous phone and DSLR,
    until now.

Ferris Wheel in Groningen wooooo!!1! by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

Photography during rainfall by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

Stoner Frog by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

Raindrop by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

All kinds of wet leaves by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

First image was shot on Manual Mode with ISO auto which resulted in ISO-1000 according to Flickr; the rest are Manual with ISO-50 and cloudy white balance. Oh, and they're all unedited, coming straight from my Xperia Z1 too!
    Not impressive. Not much better than other phones with smaller sensors. Others even have OIS which the Z1 lacks. It can only shoot in 8MP in 16:9 and with the default superior auto mode. The resolution is no better than other cameras, nor the pixel size. It always amazes me how Sony can screw up using their own sensors, like they did with the Xperia Z, when other companies can use their Exmor RS sensors and do wonders, like Samsung and Apple. These images aren't convincing me of the ONE SONY. The Cybershot division is probably hanging up their phones and turning up their noses in disgust whenever the smartphone division tries to collaborate. Old traditions and rivalries die hard. They sure aren't gonna divulge any secrets for such petty things as CELLPHONE cameras.

It's the 3rd post made by you in which you act like a baby. I ask again, what is your problem? Don't post at all if the only thing you have to say is that sony screwed everyone and everything. You repeat it over and over again in every reply I have seen in Z1 part of the forum.
    Get out of here if you can't act like a normal human being!
    Hey XDAians!

If anyone wants to know more about photography with their Xperia Z1, I wrote y'all a blog post on how to get the most out of your camera phone. This post covers only the basics so far, but a second post with all advanced features is coming soon on my blog!

I'd really appreciate it if you would stick around - I've posted general photography tips on my blog previously and I definitely will in the future as well :angel:
    And if you want me to make a video about it, leave a comment there. I can do so when there's enough demand, as I'm usually busy with my studies.
    Thanks in advance :cyclops:
    Hdr
    6aby5eha.jpg

Pro hdr app 6 exposures

pa7y2upe.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Really nice shot!

On my Z i had HDR Camera +

It took decent pictures, but nothing special.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

pretty much the same issues I was having with the z1. Even when I tried it at the kiosk at the mall the pictures were bad and grainy. The guys at the store insisted it was just because it was a demo phone so it must have been from people dropping it and such. When we went back the next day they no longer had a demo only a dummy phone so we let them talk us into getting my wife the z1... much happier with the g2 for her and n5 for me.

I'm not a professional photographer, actually my knowledge of photography isn't that great... Buy once thing I noticed is that every camera (in this case every phone) is different, and you need to learn how to deal with it to take better quality pictures...

In the other hand, less noise doesn't mean a better picture, maybe for the general public yes, but when you look closer, you may see that with the noise, some detail might also be gone.

And you don't want that.

The Z1 isn't a great fast point and shoot, but (in my eyes) neither are the S4, the HTC One or the Lumia 925... People want to open the camera and take the picture as fast as possible, and you always end up getting a "meh" picture... blurry, or over/underexposed, flash blow out, bad focus etc etc etc. On the other hand, what people do after taking a picture? Sharing it on instagram, or sending it via whatsapp to someone... If that's the case every crap shot is good enough.

If you are using the manual mode with auto ISO, you may want to check 2 settings:

Focus mode > Put it on touch to focus, so you can use the display to focus on something

Metering> Average is a great one in difficult light conditions.

You can use Superior Alto, of course it will almost always use a higher ISO, but with a few simple tricks you can get decent pictures with it.

Superior Auto is made to automatically select the scene by analyzing the shot you want to take, for to this, it may need a second or 2, so give it some time, just 2 seconds.

It also tries to compensate many things in the picture, like higher ISO for dark pictures, fast shutter for moving objects in focus... And it will also try to compensate "shaky hands".

Here a few examples, the only thing I did was turn the flash off, the first pictures is made holding the phone with one hand and using the other hand to take the picture with the hardware camera button.

The second pictures are taking using the on screen button and trying to hold the phone steady, in some cases placing it somewhere.

See the difference in ISO and shutterspeed.

1/32 sec
    ISO 500

1/20 sec
    ISO 400

1/32 sec
    ISO 1600

1/16 sec
    ISO 500

1/25 sec
    ISO 1250

1/16 sec
    ISO 800