[ROM][M7][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 Official Nightly Builds

Search This thread

radzuky

Sep 5, 2010
Hi

I am new with HTC One. Had CMx.x many months on Galaxy S2.

I wnated to install CM 11 on my m7 and ended up with only having TWRP 2.6.3.4, but without any OS nor zip file on the internal sdcard.

How can I install CM11.zip on the m7? In recovery mode, adb is not working (no device listed). Only fastboot is working. Is there a way to copy CM11.zip on the phone using fastboot?

I have searched within many threads. The only thing I found was about flashing boot.img (from CM11.zip) using fastboot. But this did not bring me further.

Thanks for the support

That's a driver issue. Reinstall drivers for your phone in Windows. ADB works in recovery. ADB Push feature has been my best friend for so long.

Reactions: dc66

radzuky

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks. Tried to resinstall, but still not working... Do you have a link to the exact driver I should install for W8.1?

Weird, I just installed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269 in to my computer at work. It's a new computer so I have never connected my phone to it. After the installation I ADB in to my phone and worked. So, I "ADB Reboot Recovery" and it rebooted to recovery. Than I "ADB devices" and it showed my phone.
I am running Windows 7 64bit. I did not install any driver except ADB/Fastboot from the link provided. I don't know what else to say.

Last edited:

sectorek

Jul 18, 2009
I use Textra for messaging and it has an option to automatically turn on data whenever you want to send an MMS. I will say that it works about 90% of the time. So I can maybe recommend getting a texting app that supports it. That's what did it for me at least.

Cheers man, but still when you want to receive MMS you have to turn on Mobile Data :( so it's solving only 50% of my problem...

qixiixiq

Aug 4, 2008
Passaic
art vs dalvik

I was just wondering if anyone has run benchmarks to compare art and dalvik - as of now art is running smoothly but I was curious about how they really compare.

dc66

Mar 3, 2010
Weird, I just installed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269 in to my computer at work. It's a new computer so I have never connected my phone to it. After the installation I ADB in to my phone and worked. So, I "ADB Reboot Recovery" and it rebooted to recovery. Than I "ADB devices" and it showed my phone.
I am running Windows 7 64bit. I did not install any driver except ADB/Fastboot from the link provided. I don't know what else to say.

Thanks, but still having issue...

In fastboot mode, the phone is recognized as an "Android USB Devices" and fastboot is working properly. But in TWRP mode, the phone is not recognized properly anymore by Windows (listed in other devices). So it is a kind of driver issue, but only in recovery mode... Any idea? I will anyway try to find an USB OTG cable.

dc66

Mar 3, 2010
Thanks, but still having issue...

In fastboot mode, the phone is recognized as an "Android USB Devices" and fastboot is working properly. But in TWRP mode, the phone is not recognized properly anymore by Windows (listed in other devices). So it is a kind of driver issue, but only in recovery mode... Any idea? I will anyway try to find an USB OTG cable.

Finally got it to work... I tried reinstalling, manually pointing to the the right drivers (extracted them manually) until phone was also correctly seen by Windows, also in TWRP mode and not only in fastboot mode. Still not fully sure what/why it did not work properly without those manipulations.
Thanks all for your support!

qixiixiq

Aug 4, 2008
Passaic
On a side note, after enabling ART I stopped getting notifications from gmail until I cleared app data. I had to clear app data from a number of apps to get them to stop acting quirky after the switch.

H

Heinz Ketchup

I'm getting a tremendous amount of restarts. Seems to happen when receiving a call.

Me 2 :(

Today I installed since a long Time CM11 ( 20140227 ), i do an absolutely clean Flash,
i am getting a tremendous amount of restarts while configuration of the System...

Last edited:

Spoofy

Aug 13, 2009
Melbourne
I flashed the GPE firmware and that mitigated the problem. There's a few issues like mic volume being too low, oh and a crackling issue (which is solved by muting and unmuting the mic) but it's certainly usable. AFAIK it's still absolutely broken with Sense firmware though.

A simple build.prop edit fixes it.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

It's been broken for a few days. It should work again in the next nightly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do you know if it was working in M3?

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

formula91

Nov 16, 2009
ART is working great for me so far minus some slowly updated apps. No conclusions about battery life or performance, however.

Quick question, it seems that tap to pay in conjunction with Google Wallet is not working on CM11. As some of you may know, KitKat no longer requires a secure element to allow paying with NFC anymore because it has host card emulation built in. This is the most exciting thing about upgrading to KitKat in my opinion!!

I remember tap to pay being available for CM11 nightlies way back in January... Why is it gone? Was it ever working in the first place? How can I get it working again? Why is it that when I boot into Sense 5.5 (ViperROM 5.0.0 w/ ElementalX Kernel), tap to pay is available, but it is not on CM11?

At first I thought it's because Google Wallet thought that my phone and CM11 were international variants and therefore unusable (US Only), but it doesn't seem like that's the problem.

Can anyone possibly give me some answers?

Reactions: Trinition

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
ART is working great for me so far minus some slowly updated apps. No conclusions about battery life or performance, however.

Quick question, it seems that tap to pay in conjunction with Google Wallet is not working on CM11. As some of you may know, KitKat no longer requires a secure element to allow paying with NFC anymore because it has host card emulation built in. This is the most exciting thing about upgrading to KitKat in my opinion!!

I remember tap to pay being available for CM11 nightlies way back in January... Why is it gone? Was it ever working in the first place? How can I get it working again? Why is it that when I boot into Sense 5.5 (ViperROM 5.0.0 w/ ElementalX Kernel), tap to pay is available, but it is not on CM11?

At first I thought it's because Google Wallet thought that my phone and CM11 were international variants and therefore unusable (US Only), but it doesn't seem like that's the problem.

Can anyone possibly give me some answers?

The AOSP NFC statck doesn't have the proper code for HCE. GPE and sense have it since they don't use the open source NFC NXP code.

It was removed because it was determined it doesn't actually work in AOSP. Can you confirm that Tap and Pay actually worked on earlier builds and not just showing up in settings?

formula91

Nov 16, 2009
The AOSP NFC statck doesn't have the proper code for HCE. GPE and sense have it since they don't use the open source NFC NXP code.

It was removed because it was determined it doesn't actually work in AOSP. Can you confirm that Tap and Pay actually worked on earlier builds and not just showing up in settings?

Thanks for a prompt answer. That's a real shame to hear. From the sounds of it, it looks like they won't figure out a solution any time soon. I hope they figure it out. I assume the issue with the open source stack is that I causes problems with aosp roms. That or in typical cm11 fashion, they want to code their own solutions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While I like the new interface, this is still garbage as long as something as basic as speaker phone remains so inexplicabley broken... People I'm speaking to over speaker phone are still complaining it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. Pretty impressive how this issue continues to be unadressed.

Wake me up at the next stop. I'll be on a working sense Rom...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Frankly if that's the attitude you have about Android development you should stay on stock because there's always the chance for something to break. Especially when you're talking Cyanogenmod nightlies. So take your bad attitude elsewhere it will not be missed.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Everyone:

Starting tomorrow the m7ul, m7tmo, m7att builds will no longer be updated. They are now (finally) commonized to "m7". Please keep that in mind going forward.

Thanks,
    -h8rift
    Have just submitted my first patch. I have found little mistake in our amp code that made left channel not being played at all. Instead we had right channel played through two speakers.
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57093/
    Hope it will be merged :)
    I'm thinking the microphone issue people are experiencing seems to be subjective, or I have a very high tolerance for bad quality audio.

I have not heard anything about the haptic feedback. What issue is this?

Proximity sensor performance seems to vary from device to device. Some people have reported that the sensor is basically non-functional, others have reported no issues.

I have not heard anything about memory management.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say CyanogenMod should have enough respect, but for me personally, I simply do not frequent XDA, nor do I plan to do so more than perhaps once or twice a month.
    You can file bug reports using JIRA (but only against stable and M builds), however those are also taken care of on an ad-hoc basis, subject to maintainer schedule.
    Easiest way to get into actual contact with people is to use IRC.
    Try the #cm-htc, or the main #cyanogenmod or #cyanogenmod-dev channels.

The speakerphone mic issue is subjective in the sense that people who rely on speakerphone say it's broken and those of us (like me) who rarely use it, except to listen to voice mail, say it works fine. My testing shows that only the rear microphone is used for speakerphone, so depending on how you hold the phone it's easy to cover the mic in a way that it doesn't pickup correctly and the remote party cannot hear you. It's flaky, at best.

Proximity sensor work fine on my device (screen goes off with my hand about 2" from the sensor), by I remember a bunch of tweaking on 10.2 because the correct values vary among devices and their sensitivity.

Haptic feedback does occasionally stutter since the switch to msm8960 kernel. I only have it enabled for hardware keys, but those that have it enabled for keyboard use notice the stutter more frequently.

Also, since msm8960 kernel the notification LED sometimes get stuck on solid amber vs flashing, unlocking the device gets it flashing again.

As for support, until M5 the stable builds were based on m7 kernel, so it wasn't possible to report these msm8960 bugs on JIRA.

Also, I'd say that it would make sense to frequent XDA more often if you are a device maintainer because 99% of the casual CM users are going to come to these forums to report bugs and resolve issues, most will never open a bug on JIRA or hop on the IRC channel.

I agree with @sabret00the regarding the development model for CM, it has worked in the past but there's much room for improvement if CM wants to make a move to a widely used product. A wide tester base that includes many casual users is key, so there needs to be a (user friendly) mechanism for those users to report issues on incremental builds. Maybe that means abandoning nightlies for weekly builds that are more stable and feature targeted so that users can report issues.

Maybe an app built into CM to report issues directly from the device, uploading logcat and last_kmsg and other state that's helpful to debugging the issues.

We do appreciate the work you and other's have put into CM on m7 to bring it to this point, but I'm sure you can see the frustration that exists from long standing issues which are known to the user base but the maintainers aren't aware of or have the appearance of being ignored.
    Not just on the latest, but on every nightly so far, especially if you try setting a lower Max frequency.

Yup, I'm working on a fix. Hopefully will commit in the next couple days.