Recognized Themer
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 2,230

2,395 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleef

I can try ...k so the ls970 is official cm sources shelnutt2 put together based off the gproj is usable only on the sprint lgog

The geehrc (international lgog) and the geespr (sprint lgog) are based in the mako and put together by xboxfanj... currently x has combined the two sources (geehrc and geespr) into one source (gee) for both making the one zip built with gee flashable on both variants...

The whole cwm twrp issues are the differences n each sources and or ROMs way to build the updater script...

And yes some roms play nicer with cm sources than they do aosp sources and vice cersa.. so saying that cm is well obviously cm based sources where as xboxfanj sources are closer to or are aosp

Hope I'm at least somewhat making sense

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

LS970 ROMs are built from CM's Nexus 4 4.2.2 hybrid with stock 4.1.2.

GEE/SPR/HRC are built from the Nexus 4 4.4.2 source (more up to date and optimized) with only changes for our hardware such as NFC.

geespr is sprint only, geehrc is international only, and gee combines the two so both devices can run the same build. Gee is the future of mako-based ROMs and eventually, there won't be any geespr or geehrc roms. Those are being phased out.

Hope this helps...its from the Liquid Smooth thread.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Last edited by PartimusPrime; 4th March 2014 at 05:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PartimusPrime For This Useful Post: [ View ]