I've been flashing for a while now (Since G1) and XDA is my main lurking place. And it seems recently I can't find any lite TW ROMs (Which I like most) so I guess it should be about time I contribute a little something... even though it ain't much. This is very likely a one off thing until comes a time I have something to share again... so no frequent updates because it takes alot of time and I'm a really lazy bastard. Technically TWL ROM is a simple stripped down stock ROM. No extra features, no eye candies and no extra tweaks. Just plain, dark, light TouchWiz ROM.
UPDATE: I've put everything back where it was and stripped APKs further without going overboard... still managed to break SNote. WTF.
- Thanks for the awesome ROM and Guide
. One of the main reason why I decided to try this out myself.
- Thanks for all the guides and HOW-TO.
- Thanks for the Kitchen.
- Thanks for the GOptimize
. Awesome work.
- Thanks for the Awesome Kernels
- Thanks for APKTool.
7. Finally thanks to all XDA Developers whom I missed out here (Do let me know if there's anyone I should include).
FEATURES FOR TWL
FEATURES FOR v2.0
APKs LEFT IN ROM (Note: All APKs are in Preload)
- IMPORTANT: SNote is broken in this version and I can't figure out why.
- Base: Firmware XXLTC
- Kernel: PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0
- Standard: Deodexed | Zipaligned | Rooted w/ SuperSU | Busybox
- DPI: 320
- Removed: Lots of APKs | Some SO & JAR files | Some media files | Boot & Shutdown Animations | Removed VPN
- Added: Transparent Status Bar | Square Battery Percentage | Changed Some Apps Icons
- Details on Battery: It's displaying 2% increment and no animation for charging that reflects 20% increment. (To lighten the system slightly)
- All Apks in system/app. No more out of the way symlinking. (Found out it's pointless)
- APK Details: All APKs are stripped down where possible and GOptimized.
- Note: Languages are as it is for XXLTA. No Build.prop Tweaks. Basically very STOCK.
- Note2: Lighter than before. Total Size: 267MB
1. TWLv2.0LTC (Google Drive)
2. TWLv1.6LTC (Google Drive)
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download the latest Philz Kernel
(Preferably PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed.zip or later)
2 On CWM Recovery, Install Philz Kernel. Reboot Recovery.
(Advanced -> Reboot Recovery)
3. On CWM Recovery again, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
4. Go to Mounts and Storage -> Format /system
5. Go to Mounts and Storage -> Format /preload
6. Install TWLv1.6LTC.zip
7. Reboot System.
1. Flash Forest-HelloWorld-Make-II kernel for JB N7000
if you want a little more power and battery life. Awesome work by forest1971
2. If you don't use multi window (I never used it in everyday life, not sure why), you can delete; FlashAnnotate.apk | FlashAnnotateSvc.apk | FlashBarService.apk (It will free up 20MB+ of RAM).
3. Give DigiCal
a try... It comes with pretty widgets that somewhat resemble Splanner's. If you're prefer it or some other Calendar App over Splanner, you can delete;SecCalendar_Q1_SPen.apk | SpPlannerAppWidget.apk (It will free up 20MB+ of RAM).