Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
I am not experienced with smart phones and therefore would like to seek your advice/assistance regarding an issue that came up with my S 4 GT-I9505 International.
- The 4.4 Kitkat update came out on my phone through my provider (Rogers, Canada)
- I downloaded the update via Wifi and began its installation at a relatively low battery
- During the update, precisely after the reboot while the % bar with the android guy was filling up, I plugged in my phone to ensure it would not die (wall outlet)
- Coming back to the phone after some time I noticed it was OFF
My phone is the international version, unlocked and was going to be sent to Europe (Portugal) based on the language of the manual and the fact that it came with a North American adapter.
What I have done since then:
- The phone turns on and the Samsung words appear on the screen with the model number and then it goes BLACK
- When plugged in, it turns on and shows the ''very low'' battery symbol and stays like that
- It is recognized through USB but does not connect to Kies
I have done the factory restore and cache wipes, those work fine. But when I do go to reboot the device I notice that "Error!" appears under the little android guy momentarily before booting up.
Any help is well appreciated. Thanks so much.