When I try to recover my Whatsapp messages on my new phone after I have copied the Whatsapp folder from my old phone to the SDcard, it suddenly crashes after 10 seconds: "Whatsapp has stopped working"
I looked into the System Log to find some clues about this crash. It looks like it has something to do with SQLite and the msgstore.db (or msgstore.db.crypt) file which says that the msgstore.db file is corrupt.
- "E/DefaultDatabaseErrorHandler (3784): Corruption reported by sqlite on database: /data/data/com.whatsapp/databasesmsgstore.db"
- "E/AndroidRuntime (3784): java.lang.AssertionError: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptExcep tion: Database disk image is malformed (code 11), SQLiteConnection.java,-2"
- "E/SQLiteLog (3784): (14) cannot open file at line 30191 of [00bb9c9ce4]"
- "E/SQLiteDatabase (3784): Failed to open database '/data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db' "
- "E/SQLiteDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database"
- "I/sqlite_db_corrupt (3784): /data/data.com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db"
Can somebody help me to unravel this mistery? I really want to copy my old messages to my new phone and continue using the app on my new phone.
How can I fix the corrupt msgstore file? Or see what part of the file is corrupt (the exact cause)
NOTE: I added some screenshots of the System Log file to give you more information
Last edited by Basjoo; 8th March 2014 at 12:52 PM.