Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Updating Xperia Z and what…
Find Your Device:
12th March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gentofte
Thanks Meter: 13

179 posts
More
Hi everyone..

I'm writing this post after being offline from XDA for quite a long while, so keep it cool when answering since my knowledge of what I'm talking about is very limited by now. I have an Xperia Z with eXistenZ 5.0 installed, Build number 10.4.B.0.569, which is a JB Rom and I'd like to try out some new roms, firmwares, recoveries and so on..

What I am interested in knowing is why does my recovery mod disappear, this has happened a few times, and also can I choose exactly the kernel that I want for any rom or does some roms only support special kernels? And what about the recovery mods? Are they depending on kernel as well? How do I update to a newer kernel from 10.4.B.0.569?

First of, I have unlocked my bootloader a very long time ago and I haven't gone back to Stock since then and I am not planning to do so. However to start updating my Xperia what should be done? I have already backed up my current rom with Titanium Backup.

For some reason I can't access recovery mode when powering on and pressing volume down, but I know for a fact that it's pretty easy to install a recovery again.

It would be very much appreciated if you would explain what should be done and why.

Looking forward to hearing from you..!
Last edited by Hammerbak; 12th March 2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added some questions